It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: N.Y. Rep. Chris Lee resigns after Craigslist personals scandal CNN

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Chriss Lee resigns

Washington (CNN) - Republican Rep. Christopher Lee of New York resigned his House seat Wednesday following a report that the married congressman had tried to meet a woman on Craigslist.

"It has been a tremendous honor to serve the people of Western New York," said a statement by Lee posted on his website. "I regret the harm that my actions have caused my family, my staff and my constituents. I deeply and sincerely apologize to them all. I have made profound mistakes and I promise to work as hard as I can to seek their forgiveness."

going to find original out brb...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

Gawker's break out

Following Gawker Revelation
Maureen O'Connor — Three hours after his shirtless Craigslist antics appeared on this site, Rep. Chris Lee (R-NY) announced his resignation from the U.S. House of Representatives. Moments ago his office sent the following press release to the media:

and a better article

married gop.....

Married GOP Congressman Sent Sexy Pictures to Craigslist Babe
Maureen O'Connor — Rep. Christopher Lee is a married Republican congressman serving the 26th District of New York. But when he trolls Craigslist's "Women Seeking Men" forum, he's Christopher Lee, "divorced" "lobbyist" and "fit fun classy guy." One object of his flirtation told us her story.

zone: inside
size: 300x600
keywords: origin=gawker, visited=gawkerfront

On the morning of Friday, January 14, a single 34-year-old woman put an ad in the "Women for Men" section of Craigslist personals. "Will someone prove to me not all CL men look like toads?" she asked, inviting "financially & emotionally secure" men to reply.

keep reading.... as one response said... And now for the rest of the hypocracy...

LMEAO... he should have just lef the republican party, the dems would have welcomed him....

He got caught trying to start a releationship and it has ended his career... What is said is that it is kinda stupid... Anyone got better info on this it smells...

Republicans usually are smater then this... it even has a picture of him shirtless???

let me know if yall find anything... it is real weird...

reminds me of that movie with tia, and morgan freeman is president during an elle...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

New York Congressman Resigns Over Shirtless Photo

Mr. Lee’s decision to step down came after a photo of him without a shirt appeared on Gawker along with e-mail exchanges that reportedly took place between him and a 34-year-old woman from Maryland who had placed a personal notice in the “women seeking men” section of Craigslist. The woman’s posting complained about the lack of attractive men on the Web site: “Will someone prove to me not all CL men look like toads?

NYT TIMES

Craig's List? Have you seen the folks on there? Errrrr. So I'm told.

edit on 9-2-2011 by kinda kurious because: added classy term

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Originally posted by ripcontrol
Republicans usually are smater then this...

What? With all the ones that have been caught in these delicate situations, you mean there're like a hundred more who don't get caught? Gadzooks!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Apparently his wife just placed an ad on Craig's List as well:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1ea119afb21b.png[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

A MAN has Needs...............Say No More..........

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
FROM BIO AT HIS WEBSITE:

I will break the gridlock and restore taxpayer trust by holding our leaders accountable for how they spend our hard earned money.

CHRIS LEE FOR CONGESS

Ooooooopppppppssssss. Restore trust?

edit on 9-2-2011 by kinda kurious because: added full text to quote

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Isn't it the GOP that is supposed to be the party of "family values"?

edit on 10-2-2011 by whaaa because: code pink

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Can't a guy just look for anonymous sex without everyone going crazy about it ???

oh my !! its a scandal !!

The only difference between him and 85% of the other Reps is that he got caught.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
A MAN has Needs...............Say No More..........

those needs got one president impeached
along with a good case of cuban cigars.

Maybe congress should give each rep
a course in ethics once they get elected?

Nah, they'd just forget it by the 2nd week
so it'd be a waste of time and money.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

and

and

and

his offical resignation...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
This guy has the moral turpitude of a crab in a crackhouse. He thought he looked pretty hot, but he looked like a total tool. I feel so sorry for his wife and son. More proof why we need to clean house in Congress and get some people with integrity and character in there. Caligula and the Roman Senators had nothing on America's corrupt leaders.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by lostviking
This guy has the moral turpitude of a crab in a crackhouse. He thought he looked pretty hot, but he looked like a total tool. I feel so sorry for his wife and son. More proof why we need to clean house in Congress and get some people with integrity and character in there. Caligula and the Roman Senators had nothing on America's corrupt leaders.

y

Anyone with the scuples you promote would never ascribe to such a 'lofty' position. This of course means we are screwed as a society and might as well start learning arabic like they will in Texas...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by lostviking
I feel so sorry for his wife and son.

AGREED Posted before his site gets scrubbed: Notice flag and family.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/46178a6a543f.png[/atsimg]
edit on 10-2-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
He has to have other more damaging skeletons in his closet than just posting on CraigsList
and appearing shirtless...

an elected guy could squirm out of that mini-scandal with a minimum of effort or expense
IF thats all there was...

my money says that he decided that any lengthly exposure or sunshine
would become negative very quickly...and he or advisors told him to exit the world stage Now!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

All the congress and senators must have bad things in there closest, as they would never of been elected by being soft.

He must of upset one of the higher ups or something. But the hypocrisy of media types to talk about him, while they are trash themselves, is bizarre.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I really don't understand why he resigned. John Edwards cheated on his dying wife and has a love child and he is still trucking along like nothing happened. This guy was flirting online.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Where there is smoke, there is fire. "Flirting" is one thing
But bare chested visuals don't bode well for MARRIED Politicians who run on platform of family value, no? Trivialize much?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

That's what I'm thinking, too. Unless he bolted too soon, not having gotten advice from John Ensign and Mark Vitter who didn't resign.

Mid-life crisis? Or "youthful indiscretion" as Henry Hyde had?

Or was it something more sinister, an appetite for literally dangerous liaisons?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
I really don't understand why he resigned. John Edwards cheated on his dying wife and has a love child and he is still trucking along like nothing happened. This guy was flirting online.

What office does Edwards currently hold?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join