It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marfa Lights / Hessdalen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
This has probably been brought to your attention many times before, so I apologise in advance.

I believe these two locations hold the answers for a lot of the light in the sky phenomena. There has been evidence at both sites which seem to coincide with what people see in a typical ufo sighting.

- Lights travelling at unatural speeds
- One light moving with other lights at a fixed distance following it
- Lights merging or splitting apart
- Bright enough to light up the locality around it, if close enough to the ground
- Changes directions
- Primary light with something dripping from the underside
- Can last a while before subsiding
- New lights can appear from no where to accompany the main light
- Lights vary in colour and sizes
- They can stop and stay still
- They can portray that fireball effect many have seen
- They have a playful nature

In interest of fairness I am not saying they explain away every UFO sighting, but its something to take into account. Also I must add scientists studying the phenomena have not discovered why they occur, but since everyone else here seems to make assumptions, I will make one by saying I believe it is some form of natural phenomena.

If you research either location you will be presented with video and pictures of the phenomena.
edit on 9-2-2011 by CrazyMonkey because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/9/2011 by maria_stardust because: Corrected misspelling in thread title.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by CrazyMonkey

Did you mean Marfa Lights?

And yes, I've been interested in the phenomena for a number of years at Hessdalen

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Not to be rude, but it's Marfa lights
If I didn't correct you, someone else would.

see ya soon
enjoy...
edit on 9-2-2011 by exdog5 because: content

edit on 9-2-2011 by exdog5 because: repeated correction-my bad

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous
reply to post by CrazyMonkey

Did you mean Marfa Lights?

And yes, I've been interested in the phenomena for a number of years at Hessdalen

lol apologies, really bad typo!

I think if I am ever in that part of the world, I would definitely go down and take a look. Have you managed to dig up any interesting facts over the years regarding the phenomena?

I believe the behaviour shown thus far strongly coincides with your typical ufo sighting.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by exdog5

see ya soon
enjoy...

I wish I could edit the title of the thread! lol I will have to take it on the chin and hope my point is clear in the post

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrazyMonkey

see ya soon
enjoy...

I wish I could edit the title of the thread! lol I will have to take it on the chin and hope my point is clear in the post

you are a CrazyMonkey after-all, I think you will be ok

Oh and I agree on the Natural Phenomenon theory...
edit on 9-2-2011 by exdog5 because: added stuff

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

see ya soon
enjoy...

edit on 9-2-2011 by exdog5 because: repeated correction-my bad

Well, sorta technically, when something gets known as a singular thing, that makes it a proper noun that can be if not should be capitalized. The best example is the Face on Mars.

I'm throughly puzzled by the purpose of this thread. It exists for why...?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I have read very little about the Hessdalen sightings but much about Marfa Lights. The scientist James Bunnell has studied and photographed many of the "mystery lights" of southwest Texas; I highly recommend his book, "Hunting Marfa Lights."

For the type Bunnell designates "CE-III" (flying lights with some characteristics resembling chemical or combustion-like properties and electromagnetic attributes), he has no simple explanation, at least no scientific explanation that is free from serious problems. He has not, at least yet, come over to my unorthodox idea.

I suggest those flying lights sometimes appearing near Marfa, Texas, are from the bioluminescence of a group of flying predators. That conjecture answers many questions about their flying behavior and the frequency of sightings. The only real scientific problem seems to be the lack of any classified flying creature that glows brightly and exhibits coordinated flights in group hunting. It would be a cryptid, unclassified.

See Marfa Light, How Bright!

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I respect the work many have done in UFO investigations; I don't mean to distract from that work, acknowledging the possibility that UFO's suggesting extraterrestrial intelligence may exist in southwest Texas, as elsewhere.

But many of the sighting south of Marfa, Texas, suggest intelligence but not ET activity. Many of the CE-III mystery lights near Marfa behave unlike what we would expect from ET's. They appear only for one night or two nights in a row, then remain absent from those fields and hills for weeks at a time before returning for one or two nights. That resembles the hunting behavior of a group of roaming predators that returns to the same areas regularly. Try to imagine a super-intelligence returning to those desert fields in that pattern, if you will; it makes no sense to me. Earthly predators make better sense here.

Also consider the speed of some of the CE-III lights. James Bunnell triangulated one flight; it lasted about eleven miles, averaging about 37 mph, in a straight direction. The ropen of Papua New Guinea has a reputation of flying at least that speed: "faster than birds but slower than airplanes," according to natives on Umboi Island.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonwhitcomb
I suggest those flying lights sometimes appearing near Marfa, Texas, are from the bioluminescence of a group of flying predators.
I don't suggest what they are, I say what they were determined to be the nights of May 11 and 13, 2005:

www.spsnational.org...

Summary and Conclusions

All of the mystery lights
observed by this group on the nights of
11 and 13 May 2005 can be reliably
attributed to automobile headlights
traveling along US 67 between Marfa
and Presidio, TX.

Maybe it was a flying pink elephant that glows in the dark the night of May 12 when they didn't look
, but the night before and the night after, all the "mystery lights" were definitely car headlights.

top topics

join