It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hackers Anonymous message to the United States Government! (Regarding Egypt)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
Should the US government keep their noses out of Egypt, Yes, does it have anything to do with a bunch of "hackers" from a rather silly web site. No

It has something to do with everyone, because we all have the potential to be affected by the outcome.
It's why the U.S. is sticking so close to Mubarak.

They simply made a video message expressing their opinions on the matter.
That made no threats to anyone, just laid down the situation as they saw it.

It's no different than a member from this website making a thread on the subject.

- Lee

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Say what you like about the character of anon but at least they/he/she are/is not politically apathetic or ignorant.
Some people may sneer at them and make snyde remarks but I get the impression there's an element of envy fuelling this malevolance.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
It always makes me laugh how the right-wing nutcases on here always decry anonymous.

Just because we don't scream God, Guns and Steaks doesn't mean you can diss us at every turn. We are all anonymous, we don't have a political aim. You can be anonymous as well - just renounce your love of profit, bigotry, xenophobia and selfish acquisition. Then your ego will dissipate, and you will no longer crave these things.

Expect change.

Rev.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by kroms33
reply to post by MindSpin

I can't wait to laugh at all the little Anon kiddies as they are dragged out of their Mom's basement crying after they are arrested by the FBI.

Silly script kiddies...

With the level of what Anonymous has displayed, and being familiar with computers and their environments... I would say that they are not script kiddies at all. They know what they are doing, and have demonstrated that numerous times.

Please, feel free to demonstrate to this thread how you have knowledge of Anonymous being "script kiddies".

Agreed, I wasn't too impressed with the DDOS part... Anyone can do that I'm pretty sure I could train my pitbull to launch a DDOS attack... But they have displayed successful penetrations, skillful social engineering, various site defacing that was done through a variety of different attack... and more importantly they have displayed grace and creativity while doing it... And I must admit hack b!tchslapped Aaron Barr was very indicative of the fact they don't like to be f*** with... The speed at which they have drilled his company inside out and got everything on him almost up to the colors of his undies has nothing to do with script kiddies... It shows this was well thought of and extremely well carried over...

I know what I'm talking about when it comes to security and I must admit I first was very sceptical but they have won my respect...

And say what you will they are AT LEAST trying to make a difference, which 90% of the population isn't while pathetically trying to cling to the lie they call reality...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

Originally posted by Phenomium
This isn't a hacker. This is a person who can edit video and use a (TTS) or Text To Speech program. This could be just some nutcase anywhere doing this who's not even a member of Anonymous. It takes nothing but a common mind and a couple of toys to put this video on the net.....not a hacker.

We're all anonymous
Besides posting something like that without properly covering your tracks is an invitation for trouble.

All that is required to cover your tracks is a simple proxy or a proxy chain. Simple. Don't have 2 B A hacker for that.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Before complaining about hackers, try to understand what they actually are, who they actually are and why they do what they do... You cross them every day, you sit next to one in the bus every day and you will never know about it... Curiosity is not a crime...

+++The Mentor+++
Written January 8, 1986

Another one got caught today, it's all over the papers. "Teenager Arrested in Computer Crime Scandal", "Hacker Arrested after Bank Tampering"...

Damn kids. They're all alike.

But did you, in your three-piece psychology and 1950's technobrain, ever take a look behind the eyes of the hacker? Did you ever wonder what made him tick, what forces shaped him, what may have molded him?

I am a hacker, enter my world...

Mine is a world that begins with school... I'm smarter than most of the other kids, this crap they teach us bores me...

Damn underachiever. They're all alike.

I'm in junior high or high school. I've listened to teachers explain for the fifteenth time how to reduce a fraction. I understand it. "No, Ms. Smith, I didn't show my work. I did it in my head..."

Damn kid. Probably copied it. They're all alike.

I made a discovery today. I found a computer. Wait a second, this is cool. It does what I want it to. If it makes a mistake, it's because I screwed it up. Not because it doesn't like me... Or feels threatened by me.. Or thinks I'm a smart ass.. Or doesn't like teaching and shouldn't be here...

Damn kid. All he does is play games. They're all alike.

And then it happened... a door opened to a world... rushing through the phone line like heroin through an addict's veins, an electronic pulse is sent out, a refuge from the day-to-day incompetencies is sought... a board is found. "This is it... this is where I belong..." I know everyone here... even if I've never met them, never talked to them, may never hear from them again... I know you all...

Damn kid. Tying up the phone line again. They're all alike...

You bet your ass we're all alike... we've been spoon-fed baby food at school when we hungered for steak... the bits of meat that you did let slip through were pre-chewed and tasteless. We've been dominated by sadists, or ignored by the apathetic. The few that had something to teach found us willing pupils, but those few are like drops of water in the desert.

This is our world now... the world of the electron and the switch, the beauty of the baud. We make use of a service already existing without paying for what could be dirt-cheap if it wasn't run by profiteering gluttons, and you call us criminals. We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge... and you call us criminals. We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religious bias... and you call us criminals. You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the criminals.

Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.

I am a hacker, and this is my manifesto. You may stop this individual, but you can't stop us all... after all, we're all alike.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Whats happening in Egypt for all to see is just a snare to encourage us to believe by numbers we can defeat the machine!
The smoking gun is that the police and military are standing by appearing to side with the people and doing only enough to encite and encourage the masses.
Am i the onlyone who can see the bigger picture? I totally understand the plight of the people and agree with the concept of defeating the machine, but they are being allowed even encouraged.
A very well planned trap to give others oppressed elsewhere hope. I hear you say great! Its long overdue!
Its time for a revolution, this government is so corrupt, lets rid ourselves of these evil oppressors.
And the game begins.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

This isn't a hacker. This is a person who can edit video and use a (TTS) or Text To Speech program. This could be just some nutcase anywhere doing this who's not even a member of Anonymous. It takes nothing but a common mind and a couple of toys to put this video on the net.....not a hacker.

We're all anonymous
Besides posting something like that without properly covering your tracks is an invitation for trouble.

All that is required to cover your tracks is a simple proxy or a proxy chain. Simple. Don't have 2 B A hacker for that.

LoL... your ignorance is cute... sorry man proxy don't cut it they may slow down the process, they may make it harder to backtrace but there's always a way... there's almost always something you can do to force the source IP to leak information that will compromise you...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kcfusion

In case you did not realize, which obvioulsy you did not....

Wikipedia does contain footnotes, and in many of them are hyperlinks to the actual news stories,

As in this one....

a group calling itself Anonymous launched a viral No Cussing Sucks campaign across the Web.

On sites that seemed to vanish as quickly as they appeared, they posted Hatch’s name, photo and contact information and urged people to harass him.

McKay’s father, Brent Hatch, said his son had received more than 22,000 e-mails in fewer than two weeks.

“We are conducting an investigation at this time, but I’m not able to talk about what we’re doing,” South Pasadena police Capt. Richard Kowaltschuk said.

He did say detectives were examining the e-mails, adding, “If someone threatens your life that is a violation of the law, whether it’s done verbally or over the Internet.”

www.vcstar.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Says somebody who takes his freedom for granted. People doing something (them) vs people doing nothing (you).

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
To add an open thought, somewhat unrelated to my previous post...
My mind harkens back to all of those Anon members who were set upon by various governmental law enforcement just a few months ago when they hacked in support of Assange... I wonder how many of them signed quiet plea bargain deals or even secretly surrendered their Anon identities, passwords, and media accounts over to the Powers that Be? If you dress a bull up in sheepskins and publically redub it a sheep, when it takes a dump is it still bullcrap?

You cut to the heart of the matter, thank you.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
I have to agree with anonymous. He made a point that the US is a hypocritical country that supported Autocratic regimes even though it claims to "spread democracy" watch this video it shows the history of the US supporting Autocratic regimes like The shah of iran, Saddam Hussein, and Pinochet

www.youtube.com...

The U.S.? As defined in the Constitution, "the capital building and the surrounding 10 miles square", federal enclaves such as military bases or foreign countries that were taken as territories, is that a country? Why yes it is, with it's own flag and all the trimmings. The 50 union States are NOT the U.S. or any part of it. The 50 States are known as the U.S.A. "these" united states of America.

Time we all learned the magic language to stop the Elite from destroying the world. If we all stood up and called bullcrap, what could they do? NOTHING!! Which is what the people of Egypt are doing, most Americans are gutless wonders. I have tried my best to educate and inform, but the ignorance is much too deeply seeded. Sad really. Hopefully more people will get it and actually DO SOMETHING about it instead of just talk about it.

I have done all I can as have a few others here.
edit on 10-2-2011 by daddio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

From what I've seen, a lot of them are 13 year old kids. I doubt they're that smart to cut a deal.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by _R4t_

We're all anonymous

LoL... your ignorance is cute... sorry man proxy don't cut it they may slow down the process, they may make it harder to backtrace but there's always a way... there's almost always something you can do to force the source IP to leak information that will compromise you...

......and your ignorance is disturbing, If you are using an online server proxy, they delete your log files as per a legal agreement when you sign up with the companies. There are real "hackers" out there that offer online services in pursuit of their "everyone owns the internet" theory and they make sure your tracks are covered for you. It costs you a monthly payment but it gets done. They delete (automatically) the log files and DHCP timestamps and they do a DOD security wipe to ensure there is no recovery. There are private VPN services that are even faster considering bandwidth using strong encryption methods such as SSL/TLS and do the same as the previous. Don't try to exalt yourself over someone here who actually knows how the internet works. You will become now the foolish one. I know a couple of these guys and I have seen them at work. Go learn something new.
edit on 10-2-2011 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Some are young, some are not.

As Burdman pointed out, when they were taken in by the FBI they are usually put back to work...
Not in the basement anymore.

And high stakes after that. Take for instance John Wheeler.

John P. Wheeler assistant to the Secretary of the Air Force in the Bush administration and later at MITRE Corporation, was involved heavily in the Pentagon's cyber-warfare program.

Found dead in a dumpster on December 30th, 2010.

In October 1990, as more and more U.S. government departments became cognizant of the threat posed by the Chaos hackers and their associates, a meeting of computer security officials from various agencies dealing with classified computer systems was held in a secure room at CIA headquarters in Langley, Virginia. This editor took part in the meeting, representing the State Department's Information System Security Division within the Bureau of Diplomatic Security. Present were representatives from the CIA, FBI, Commerce Department, Defense Department, DIA, and NSA.....

But what ABC News and no one else knew was that some intelligence agencies, including ASIO in Australia and NSA had decided to co-opt the services of some hackers in order to penetrate their groups and determine the technology they were using to hack into systems. The project with Cornell student Robert Morris, Jr., who was able to launch a disruptive Internet computer worm program in 1988 that brought down a number of computer systems, was one example. Morris's father happened to be Robert Morris, Sr., NSA's chief scientist at the time. The young Morris's "punishment" included working on cracking cryptographic codes used by drug dealers and other hackers. Morris's punishment was similar to the sweetheart deal worked out with Assange in return for his services at Sandia.

www.conspiracyplanet.com...

edit on 10-2-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by daddio

you've talked = yea!

light yourself on fire in protest and you'll have a true appreciation for all that you really can do.

anon is a hierarchy with most people participating clueless just like any power structure. 99.95% don't know what real hacking even is, just a bot net of sheeple.

sorry but when you have a country that is based on capitalism the skys the limit on which side is playing which side against which side and for what reasons.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Who will be the next country to take a leaf out of Egypts book and attempt an uprise?
Syria, Jordan or Lebanon. My guess would be a country that borders Israel.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gixxer
i have a hand gun that says made in isreal does that mean if i use it to rob a bank , isreal is supporting that?

There is no logic in this post.

Everyone who starred this, has no logic either.

This makes no sense.

Did Isreal give it to you, specifically to rob a bank? Eh, don't think so. Idiotic statements like this, and seeing so many people agree to it... makes me sad.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
Will the united states government support the people of Egypt instead of the tyrannical Egyptian government?

FAT CHANCE.

Tear gas cannisters made in the USA?

Don't throw fuel on the fire you twats.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

Actually if the countries in the Middle East spent less time denouncing the great satan and more time building universities and research centers, they might have the ability to make tear gas on their own.

I love how you want to blame us for actions of another government.. Its a completely new approach to the problems in the world today;; I cant beleive no one has ever thought of blaming the US before your post...

Thank you for opening our eyes to this injustice...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget
Whats happening in Egypt for all to see is just a snare to encourage us to believe by numbers we can defeat the machine!
The smoking gun is that the police and military are standing by appearing to side with the people and doing only enough to encite and encourage the masses.
Am i the onlyone who can see the bigger picture? I totally understand the plight of the people and agree with the concept of defeating the machine, but they are being allowed even encouraged.
A very well planned trap to give others oppressed elsewhere hope. I hear you say great! Its long overdue!
Its time for a revolution, this government is so corrupt, lets rid ourselves of these evil oppressors.
And the game begins.

Hogwash - completely and utterly.
edit on 10-2-2011 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join