It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Lava like Substance Triggers Panic' in Indian Village.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Here is another map.....it has the location of the new-found substance marked, and above and to the right you can see Jharkhand, the location of the previous basalt floods.

MAP

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
If you look at one of the charts in my above linked article, you will see that one of the noted Basalt fields in indeed in Rajmahal India.

Hmm that is like around 1000miles away from our location site.

I checked the map on the source page you linked, and it shows the areas surrounding our location site, but the region of the location site itself is not colored in.

If this is indeed what we are looking at , I think our maps will need some revision.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
the area where Kurnool is:

corresponding tectonic area map:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f5063f055dac.gif[/atsimg]
edit on 9-2-2011 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Here is an other paper you might find interesting.

Article

You might have also noticed that there was a Deccan basalt flood too...that area was quite active at one time.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Looks like this is it for India in regards to volcanos.

Wikipedia

Mainland India 1
Andaman Islands

Name Elevation Location Last eruption
meters feet Coordinates
Barren Island 354 1161 12°16′41″N 93°51′29″E / 12.278°N 93.858°E / 12.278; 93.858 2009
Baratang 28 93 12°N 93°E / 12°N 93°E / 12; 93 2005
Narcondam 710 2329 13°26′N 94°17′E / 13.43°N 94.28°E / 13.43; 94.28 Holocene

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth

more detailed analysis

www.mantleplumes.org...

Interesting link. The map there shows that our incident location is right on the boundary layer of the Dharwar Craton and the Granulite Terrain.

Any idea what significance this may have or what it could mean?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

there is major, increased seismic activity in India and relative sea flooding in other areas, suggesting major tectonic movement relative to sinking of one part and raising of another part, all in all, a major concern and indicitive of the general major concerns that are happening now.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

the location suggests high probability that it is indeed mantle plume.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

I agree. There seems to be a direct connection between the mantle plume and basalt floods. I figured out that we linked the same article on the Deccan..

Did you happen to get a chance yet to see the paper on the Basalt floods? Some concerning stuff there if this is in fact the begining a major basalt erruption.
edit on 9-2-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth

the location suggests high probability that it is indeed mantle plume.

Cool. Now the next question is...

Will this be another Paricutin? Or will it be isolated and end here? I guess we won't know till something else happens, or doesn't happen.

An interesting paper I found about the Godavari Rift in case you guys are interested.
Godavari Rift
and shear wave anisotropy of Godavari rift

And thank you guys for all the links. Loving the info bombardment you guys unleashed!
I still have them all open and will continue reading while I have some ice cream.

edit on 9-2-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

both are forms of magma though basaltic floods are more likely from major volcanic eruptions of which there aren't any currently corresponding to the area being reported.

generally concerning though!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

wait and see does seem to be the best idea....this is likely part of all the major activity and where it leads remains to be seen.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

How about black sulphur (or sulfur for the Americans)

Sulfur Springs

Another - same place

Finally something scientific

There's more

edit on 9/2/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

The rock formations process below the earth surface had created gaps resulting in creation of a weak zone in the Dolorite rocks.
Explaining the phenomenon, Mohan Rao maintained that an inorganic compound solution had oozed out of Uthosphere .

I looked up Dolorite/Diabase.
Dolorite

Diabase (pronounced /ˈdaɪ.əbeɪs/) or dolerite is a mafic, holocrystalline, subvolcanic rock equivalent to volcanic basalt or plutonic gabbro.

Reading forward a bit I found this tidbit of possible interest.

Diabase is usually found in smaller relatively shallow intrusive bodies such as dikes and sills. Diabase dikes occur in regions of crustal extension and often occur in dike swarms of hundreds of individual dikes or sills radiating from a single volcanic center.

Another interesting part.

Parts of the Deccan Traps of India, formed at the end of the Cretaceous also includes dolerite.

Also I looked up Uthosphere because I have never heard this term before.
I found a really interesting book at google books.
Continental Tectonics

The information about Aulacogens got me looking further into fold belts.
Then I found this article talking about "TECTONIC SETTING – Intracratonic inverted rift basin".
rift striking fold belt

And I found this very informative and fascinating.

I realize it may be unrelated (or it may be related), but I am learning a lot of things here and it is really fun. My knowledge on the subject is far too limited to make sense of all of this information yet.

So I am totally open to anything from you guys who always study geology.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Westcoast, I continue to be impressed by your watchful eye.

Also, an astute conspiracy theorist would, at this point, conclude that this is related to the possible ongoing collapse of the Indo-Australian plate (if you'll recall: Tectonic Plates Collapsing under Pakistan and Indonesia).
edit on 9-2-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan

How about black sulphur (or sulfur for the Americans)

Sulfur Springs

Another - same place

Finally something scientific

There's more

edit on 9/2/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

Interesting theory. It does bear striking similarities.

Your fourth link kinda blew my mind.
I looked up the Cenomanian-Turonian boundary to learn more information.
I honestly never knew about this. C-T boundary

Although the cause is still uncertain, the result starved the Earth's oceans of oxygen for nearly half a million years, causing the extinction of approximately 27 percent of marine invertebrates.[3] This global environmental disturbance increased atmospheric and oceanic temperatures.

Absolutely amazing stuff. Thanks for posting that information!

Now I'm going to look further into black sulfur.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

The Deccan Traps and the Siberian traps were the two largest flood basalts in the world. There is a third one in China that i can remember the name of right now.

Flood basalts, mantle plumes and mass extinction events.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Although the cause is still uncertain, the result starved the Earth's oceans of oxygen for nearly half a million years, causing the extinction of approximately 27 percent of marine invertebrates.[3] This global environmental disturbance increased atmospheric and oceanic temperatures.

Which is especially interesting considering all of the fish and algae dying lately apparently from hypoxia (a lack of oxygen in the water).
I'm not sure how my mind is keeping all of these events straight, but I'm glad it is...I do seem to love making connections.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
Westcoast, I continue to be impressed by your watchful eye.

Also, an astute conspiracy theorist would, at this point, conclude that this is related to the possible ongoing collapse of the Indo-Australian plate (if you'll recall: Tectonic Plates Collapsing under Pakistan and Indonesia).
edit on 9-2-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

Wow, I guess I am really behind on this subject.

Has this information been verified? That article is rather frightening to be honest.

If that is true than there are some major events going on right now that the media is totally ignoring or covering up.

I realize that the author throws in some of their religious beliefs, and I can willfully ignore that.

However, is it true there was actually a drop in elevation? Even a few feet would change everything for shoreline areas. But 20 feet? Holy Cow!

Please tell me thats fake lol.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Which is especially interesting considering all of the fish and algae dying lately apparently from hypoxia (a lack of oxygen in the water).
I'm not sure how my mind is keeping all of these events straight, but I'm glad it is...I do seem to love making connections.

Ok you are officially freaking me out now.

Someone gag CLP please!

I really like your thinking though. Scary connections!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join