It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idea for BTS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Can we have a UK News Discussion board? there is an US one and i think its unfair that we don't get one
it would be a good idea because all the UK members now have a place to talk about UK news.,local and national.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
shure you can

u were asking me right

just playin'...

that would be kool BUT then people in other countries would want their own discussion board...

u2u SO or Simon or sum1...

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
that would be kool BUT then people in other countries would want their own discussion board...

True, other countries may complain, but where only have a US News discussion then?

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by they see ALL

True, other countries may complain, but where only have a US News discussion then?

Thats true, but look at it this way, the dominant nationalitys who use ATS/BTS are mainly America and British, could always have a "rest of the world" board or somethin?

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Or just change US News to General world news, would be much better then focusing on one country.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Yeah, but in saying that isn't the one solo news forum gonna boom with information and.. news lol, unless you have sub catagorys or the like?!

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I don't see ATSNN ignoring the world. They cover things pretty well. Do you mean from a UK perspective?

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
no,no,no

ATSNN is fine, but the US have their own board to talk about other news in their country, why can't we have a UK one??i think a board where UK members can discuss other UK news would be an excellent idea.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Ah you Brits always complaing and so demanding

You might get a response if you use the "Suggestion" and use your member name while suggesting it.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I'm not entirely sure what infinate meant entirely but a lot of the news prodominatly focuses on American matters, so the British ones get overlooked if you know what i mean, therefor having a British one too 'our' matters wouldnt be overlooked.. as much lol

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I think the problem lies with the fact that Amer. news is more entertaining. When's the last time you saw "Queen Elizabeth chokes on a banger." Damn, I'd buy that paper. Double entendre intended.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I think the problem lies with the fact that Amer. news is more entertaining. When's the last time you saw "Queen Elizabeth chokes on a banger." Damn, I'd buy that paper. Double entendre intended.

We can only hope and pray

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
This one would have to be in the World News or the Star, if you're in Britain, "High winds cause Charles to take flight, ears blamed."

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

entertaining?? pay a visit to the House of Commons, the hours of fun that can be spent listening to MPs blame eachother for problems and argue

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
lol, the house of commons is just like a big argument and debate about who can make the biggest prat of themselves its great, beats day time tv anyway

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Simce almost everyone on ATS is either from America or the U.K. then i would be a good idea to have a thread with U.K. news.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Weeks later and still nothing has been done.

Oh yeah we can make a forum for michael moore but one for UK news

Screw em.

You can see IM in my anti authority mood.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
ahh hell give me a virginia beach news disscussion board so i can talk about local news.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
It appears that they're trying to steer all news-related discussion to ATSNN, so I doubt this will happen. The idea is that if there's news you'd like to discuss, and if there's not already a story on it in ATSNN, make one. Or, you can let a reporter know about the story and they'll write up the article about it - I've seen several posts from reporters or editors volunteering to do this.

new topics

top topics

join