It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Chemtrail Photo on CNN Political Ticker

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
the trails are well below the stratus clouds... no where near the altitude for contrails to form.. thanks for sharing this

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by 2012DragonSlayer

(and exaggerated sigh...)

...the trails are well below the stratus clouds...

Those aren't "stratus" clouds! They're cirrus! They are HIGH, a nd above the contrails, which happens all the time.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
how can you tell the temperature where trails are forming?

contrails form because of temperature - not altitude (or at least not just altitude) - they form at sea level in Alaska and Antarctica, so while it is COMMON to see them at altitude, it is not the only plae they can form.

Eg

Ground level contrails in antarctica from a C-130 – 1st 20 seconds, again from about 3:15, again at 3:50 – notice also the truck generating a wee one – puts the volume of air passing through a turbine into perspective!!

also clearly visible is the contrail coming from the exhaust as opposed to anywhere else – although there is undoubtably some blown snow there there isn’t once the a/c is in the air at 5:00

edit on 16-2-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: spelling

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Embedded:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

maybe Ci clouds.. could also be Ac or As.. hard to see the clouds with all those with all the chemtrails in the way.. ill stick to my first thought though..

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Embedded:

If you like some irony, that ridiculous Aircrap website, actually accusing that Air National Guard C-130 unit that handles North Pole/South Pole resupply flights, as being being involved in chemtrails
edit on 16-2-2011 by firepilot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Firstly, what "additives"?? Bit vague, there. Might want to re-think that.

byssus - Zeus Urine.. to bring about the Son of Man in the land of the Lady Israel.

it's quite fitting actually.

from the symbolic bosom of the capitol dome.. shoots forth mana from heaven onto the fertile soil of the genetic melting pot of the population of America...

just play along and pretend you have no idea of what I'm talking about.
it's ok.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Here's a webcam image from 6pm 15th Feb 2011
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/22d84bed01ad.jpg[/atsimg]
Nice grid pattern over the Whitehouse, Just looks like a busy no-fly zone to me

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
There isnt a no fly zone, but there is a flight restricted zone. However, aircraft at cruise altitude under IFR flight plans are largely unaffected.

edit on 17-2-2011 by firepilot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Abductee001

Just looks like a busy no-fly zone to me ...

Too bad, when you attempt sarcasm, ought to first make sure you have your facts lined up correctly.

The specific lay-person's term of "no fly" area that is applicable, over the city of D.C. is Prohibited Area P-56 (two actually, P-56A and B). Larger one encompasses the National Mall, from Lincoln Memorial to Washington Monument, the Capitol Building and White House. Smaller circular Prohibited Area is over the Naval Observatory....the official VEEP's residence.

The vertical extent of both P-56 areas is only up to 18,000 feet. Care to guess the altitudes of the airliners cruising by, overhead? (Hint....MORE than that).

The ADIZ and FRZ (Air Defense Identification Zone and Flight Restriction Zone) set up post-9/11 for the D.C. area are obviously NOT "no fly" areas.....since there are several airports located within their boundaries!! They are merely enhanced positive identification requirement areas. This is in addition to the pre-existing Class B airspace, commonly referred to as the "TCA" when the concept was first introduced back in the 1970s, all over the country, at major metropolitan areas.

So...failed attempt at sarcasm noted....

www.faa.gov...

9/11 Myths.

Prohibited Area short definition:

PROHIBITED AREA — An airspace area where flight is prohibited except by prior arrangement with the controlling agency. An example is the P-56 area over downtown Washington, D.C., prohibiting flight over the White House.

Here is an example of the text sent to an airman by the FAA, after they found him in violation of airspace regulations:

www.studentpilot.com...

There are many, many ways to educate yourself, some more....

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by firepilot

Figures - in a previous life I worked on those aircraft when employed by a local airline under contract to do some maintenance. Another reason I'm part of the evil conspiracy!

In these parts we have a term.....folks in the US may be familiar with it but as I understand it you don't use it much - it rhymes with bankers.....

BTW thanks WW for posting the video - dunno why it didn't work when I tried

edit on 17-2-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
As an aside here's a nice little applet to predict when contrails will form - profhorn.aos.wisc.edu...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

ever the debunker.
well, i'm glad to see that nobody responded to the OP. I was really trying to get at why that particular picture was chosen for the CNN article, regardless of whether or not chemtrails are "real."
Even though the appearance of persistent contrails may be explained away with science, it still doesn't change the fact that they linger, stretch out and turn into clouds. I spend three days a week at home all day with my baby daughter. I'm well aware that the planes flying overhead are commercial flights heading over my city, probably from Detroit to Chicago and back. I take issue with the fact that many a sunny day has turned to a hazy grey fog fest in a matter of hours as I watch the planes fly by, leave the trails, and the same trails spread and drift out to form cloud cover over an entire CITY. Even if there is no conspiracy to conduct black budget weather ops programs, its still a particularly annoying source of pollution, don't you think? Don't you like sunny, blue skies? Naturally occurring clouds? NATURE?!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by RicoMarston

ever the debunker.
well, i'm glad to see that nobody responded to the OP.

As far as I can see lots of people replied directly to the OP.

I was really trying to get at why that particular picture was chosen for the CNN article, regardless of whether or not chemtrails are "real."
Even though the appearance of persistent contrails may be explained away with science, it still doesn't change the fact that they linger, stretch out and turn into clouds. I spend three days a week at home all day with my baby daughter. I'm well aware that the planes flying overhead are commercial flights heading over my city, probably from Detroit to Chicago and back. I take issue with the fact that many a sunny day has turned to a hazy grey fog fest in a matter of hours as I watch the planes fly by, leave the trails, and the same trails spread and drift out to form cloud cover over an entire CITY.

which is entirely fair and reasonable.

So why tag it with the chemtrail title?

airborne emissions affecting climate is a subject that has been around for a decade or 3 or 4 now - even the much maligned IPCC has something to say about it - IPCC aviation report - and it isn't favourable to aviation!

Even if there is no conspiracy to conduct black budget weather ops programs, its still a particularly annoying source of pollution, don't you think? Don't you like sunny, blue skies? Naturally occurring clouds? NATURE?!

Yep - so treat it as such - as soon as you label it "chemtrails" you put a whole bunch of pre-conceptions onto it that are nothign to do with what you've jsut posted.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by RicoMarston

Huh??

"nobody responded to the OP"???

First page, my FIRST post. Guess you didn't read your own thread all the way through?:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

you've got a point. i didn't think about the stigma around that term, just tossed it up there rather indifferently.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join