It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Chemtrail Photo on CNN Political Ticker

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

I was scanning CNN.com for strange or alarming stories and found this choice of photo odd. The story is only a quick blurb about big budget cut proposals, but the photo is a classic Chemtrail shot of a dozen or so trails spreading out above the House of Reps. Someone has to choose that photo over any other stock photos of the House, so why choose that one? A truther trying to put the word out from inside the system? A psychological operation by the Cabal? Coincidence / Ignorance? Does it matter one way or the other? Your thoughts and comments, please?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
To me, it looks like they chose an image where the sky resembles the American flag. You know, subtle propaganda.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
That sure is a lot of contrails.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by warbird03

interesting observation! that's a distinct possibility.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Damn them chemtrails their hitting the wrong people, the government is spraying them selves what idiots.

If you notice the contrails in the pic to the left are somewhat new and the ones to the right of the capital building are fading. "but I thought 'chemtrails' spread out and made a haze for hours" I guess they got a new formula that isnt so prevalent right?

Or maybe they are contrails, if you notice the left side of the pic seems like some atmospheric anomolys are heading in... i mean theres clouds why are they there? looks like the atmosphere has some good conditions for clouds to form naturally, and contrails too.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I'm sure the Republicans will be gutted that they have revealed the secret in such a careless manner.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by RicoMarston

From the position of the camera...it is pointing north, and only a bit east...fish-eye lens.

The Capitol building is aligned north/south. Check Google Maps.

Those contrails are exactly where they should be, and are whenever the atmospheric conditions are right for contrails to form and persist. That is a major Jet Airway route...."J-75"...and a lot of traffic from the northeast (NY, Boston, etc) to places down south, like in Florida. The Carolinas. May even turn more westerly, after passing by D.C., depends on the flight plans. Lots and lots of jets travel along that Airway.

Here, looked up just one example flight...a Continental 518, regular from Newark to Tampa, leaves KEWR @ 10:00. Here is the flight plan routing information:

BIGGY J75 TAY DADES3

That is a fix near Newark (BIGGY), which is aligned along the Jet Airway (J75)....and you follow J75 all the way to the Taylor VOR (TAY), then the last bit is an arrival procedure for the Tampa Airport.

flightaware.com...

Dozens and dozens of similar flights, every day.......

Use this site: skyvector.com...
...to navigate to view the proper aeronautical charts....would be a good learning experience. Phone the kids, and wake the neighbors, and have a party....

edit on 9 February 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I agree completely.

It's tough to gauge things like wind speed from a photo. But if the environmental conditions are right, it is possible all of those aircraft were, more or less, following the same path and the wind simply blew the contrails over to the right-hand side of the photo.

That's what it looks like to me.

-ChriS

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

well, if i were in charge of a clandestine weather mod program (or worse) i probably wouldn't charter dozens of military jets to overfly the capitol, logging it in base flight books and alerting the necesary authorities. i'd rather have additives in the jet fuel to keep the list of people "in the know" to a minimum. I respect the attempts at debunkery, but saying that the chemtrails are "where they're supposed to be" only proves that they were left by commercial flights, it does nothing to prove that the jet fuel itself isn't tainted.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by RicoMarston

This attempted "explanation" argument has been tried, here before. It doesn't stand up to the facts.

i'd rather have additives in the jet fuel to keep the list of people "in the know" to a minimum. I respect the attempts at debunkery, but saying that the chemtrails are "where they're supposed to be" only proves that they were left by commercial flights, it does nothing to prove that the jet fuel itself isn't tainted.

Firstly, what "additives"?? Bit vague, there. Might want to re-think that.

Secondly, ties with the above: Adding to the fuel, if sufficient amounts (AND, you have to consider the parts-per-million issue, IF you want to have enough "spray" out the tailpipes)...you add too much, you alter the density and specific gravity. PEOPLE (pilots, mechanics, fuelers) WILL NOTICE!! The airplane fuel quantity measuring systems WILL NOTICE! (Do you know how fuel quantity is measured, on jets?)

Thirdly (and this is the biggie!). Combustion temperatures. Oh, and the process the fuel goes through, from tank to engine. Several filtering stages, to keep OUT impurities. (Oh, and density rears its head, again, in the Fuel Flow meters). SO, getting past the final very fine filters, in the FCUs (Fuel Control Units), then has to still go out the spray nozzles in the combustion area, to be misted (atomized) for proper burn.

Now...INSIDE, where it's ignited? Remember, the air is compressed through the many stages ahead of this point, to extract maximum energy from the fuel....so, under the higher pressures, it burns hotter than in normal Standard Atmospheric pressure. Temps can reach around 3,000 degrees F.

Want to think up some materials that will satisfy all the requirements to survive ALL of that process, undetected, and still be viable coming out the exhaust??

BTW...there are also VERY stringent standards and controls and checks on aviation fuels....of all varieties.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Those look like contrails to me. Someone probably just thought it was a cool photo. Honestly, sometimes that's all it is.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by RicoMarston
politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

I was scanning CNN.com for strange or alarming stories and found this choice of photo odd. The story is only a quick blurb about big budget cut proposals, but the photo is a classic Chemtrail shot of a dozen or so trails spreading out above the House of Reps. Someone has to choose that photo over any other stock photos of the House, so why choose that one? A truther trying to put the word out from inside the system? A psychological operation by the Cabal? Coincidence / Ignorance? Does it matter one way or the other? Your thoughts and comments, please?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
My Brother it's 12:30 at night here in south east florida, windows are closed, a/c on and I can hear the sprayers in action. no doubt tomorrow will be a Cloudy DAY!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I'd like to comment that although some people view abnormal contrail patterns as proof of "chemtrails", that doesn't necessarily mean chemtrailing isn't taking place.

However, 99% of the photos/images people posit are proof of illegal chemtrailing aren't too convincing.

We know that weather modification is possible and we know multiple countries have on-going weather modification programs, including the U.S. ( that we know of publicly).

IMO, any chemicals that might be dispersed by aircraft would most likely involve either weather modification or putting out forest fires.

I work on a military installation up here in Alaska as a civilian (private) contractor. I've seen chinook helicopters up here in that sometimes have long "arms" sticking out on either side of them (about 10 feet) with about a dozen or so smaller tubes/pipes about a foot or two long, evenly spaced, coming off of the mains. so I asked a co-worker about it one time.

I was told that sometimes the chinooks are configured for dispersing water or water/chemical mixtures for dousing forest fires that can get out of control up here in the late summer. It gets so dry up here sometimes that forest fires in late summer/early fall are commonplace.

But I've always wondered about it. Since they definately have the capability to disperse water and/or water with chemical additives for dousing forest fires that same capability could, in theory, be applied to dispersing chemicals at higher altitudes for conducting weather modification experiments.

However, for some reason, anytime people hear "Alaska" and "weather modification" in the same sentence they automatically think of HAARP. Not to say HAARP doesn't have some weather modification capabilites, but IMO it is much more likely that if "secret/clandestine" weather modification experiments are being conducted in Alaska or elsewhere, aircraft are the most likely mode of delivery since you could directly observe and document the after-effects.

HAARP wasn't necessarily designed with weather modification being an intended use. But it isn't impossible or unfeasible to consider HAARP having the capability of "stearing" or otherwise heating the atmosphere above a large storm in an effort to make the storm larger and more destructive. However, whether or not it has that capability is still unknown.

-ChriS

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

Sorry....again, but these sorts of baseless speculations are what keep the "chem"-trail nonsense spreading.

Referring to the Chinook helicopters, you said:

But I've always wondered about it. Since they definately have the capability to disperse water and/or water with chemical additives for dousing forest fires that same capability could, in theory, be applied to dispersing chemicals at higher altitudes for conducting weather modification experiments.

This is EXACTLY how the "chem"-trail hoaxers keep pumping it out....(not accusing you, just illustrating how THEY could do it....even to the extent, they might try to use your example, here...for instance)...

...comments like that, absent any fact-checking. The majority of the public are woefully ignorant of so many aspects of aviation, as well....

The Chinook's maximum service ceiling is only about 18,000 feet. For all types of aircraft, when they define a "service ceiling" in the specifications, it is the theoretical max height attainable by that particular machine. BUT, total weight ("Gross weight") makes a huge difference! For any given aircraft that takes off at MAX gross weight, its actual maximum altitude it can attain is lower than its "service ceiling"...until it lightens its load. Since ALL powered aircraft burn fuel, THAT is the primary way to become less heavy, during the course of flight.

NOW....if you want to factor in carrying a payload...(the Chinook's payload capacity is only about 28,000 pounds) even IF you intend on dumping it out (firefighting, etc) that weight stays with you, until you release it. Also, so does a sufficient amount of fuel, to get you safely back to a landing, with reserves for spare.

SO....a Chinook equipped as you saw, while perfectly capable of dousing forest fires, would also (probably) be suited for the same types of cloud-seeding activities we've discussed countless times....if they chose to utilize them in that way.

But, in any case....this has nothing at all to do with the so-called "chem"-trails!

en.wikipedia.org...-47D.29

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
And I used to fly out of that same installation in AK too, well probably the same, because there were CH-47s there too. Yes, they can probably be configured for firefighting, but as for doing cloud seeding with them, well thats certainly not going on there. I mean sure we can "speculate" and say its possible the space shuttle is really just a big cloud seeding plane too, just secret. But its certainly not evidence it is.

Besides, there is no reason you would do cloud seeding with a helicopter anyways.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by firepilot

Besides, there is no reason you would do cloud seeding with a helicopter anyways.

Right. Remember -(well, very people few know this)- but, helicopters don't actully fly.....they just beat the air into submission, until it gives up and carries them!!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
A helicopter is just an upside down lawnmower anyways.

Cloud seeding is often done in conditions of super cooled liquid water, in order to help it turn to ice. Helicopters generally absolutely stay out of icing conditions.

edit on 11-2-2011 by firepilot because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-2-2011 by firepilot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by BlasteR

Sorry....again, but these sorts of baseless speculations are what keep the "chem"-trail nonsense spreading.

Referring to the Chinook helicopters, you said:

This is EXACTLY how the "chem"-trail hoaxers keep pumping it out....(not accusing you, just illustrating how THEY could do it....even to the extent, they might try to use your example, here...for instance)...

...comments like that, absent any fact-checking. The majority of the public are woefully ignorant of so many aspects of aviation, as well....

The Chinook's maximum service ceiling is only about 18,000 feet. For all types of aircraft, when they define a "service ceiling" in the specifications, it is the theoretical max height attainable by that particular machine. BUT, total weight ("Gross weight") makes a huge difference! For any given aircraft that takes off at MAX gross weight, its actual maximum altitude it can attain is lower than its "service ceiling"...until it lightens its load. Since ALL powered aircraft burn fuel, THAT is the primary way to become less heavy, during the course of flight.

NOW....if you want to factor in carrying a payload...(the Chinook's payload capacity is only about 28,000 pounds) even IF you intend on dumping it out (firefighting, etc) that weight stays with you, until you release it. Also, so does a sufficient amount of fuel, to get you safely back to a landing, with reserves for spare.

SO....a Chinook equipped as you saw, while perfectly capable of dousing forest fires, would also (probably) be suited for the same types of cloud-seeding activities we've discussed countless times....if they chose to utilize them in that way.

But, in any case....this has nothing at all to do with the so-called "chem"-trails!

en.wikipedia.org...-47D.29

Thanks for the info. I wasn't really insinuating that the Chinook is being used for weather modification, or at least it wasn't my intention. Like I said, the chinook configured with the attachments I saw is used to help douse forest fires but the technology could easily be applied to aircraft other than helicopters.

For example, at the very same installation they have a Department of Natural Resources headquarters used by "smoke jumpers". They also have planes capable of dumping chemicals on forest fires and that technology could also easily be applied certain ways for weather modfication. I'm not saying they are but it is definately feasible, if nothing else.

Alot of the issue is people are seeing re-fueling aircraft and aircraft like I saw when I witnessed the chinook with pipes and hoses and hoses all over the place. For example, in 2008 Ted Tweitmeyer from the popular conspiracy site "Rense" wrote an article originally titled "Chem-trail Plane Photographed on the ground?".

You can see the ATS thread from 2008 HERE where we proved that Ted Tweimeyer needs to do alot more than take photos of aerial re-fueling hardware and claim it as proof of chemtrailing.

After we thorougly debunked the "Chem-trail Plane" Rense went back and Ted edited the story. It's now called "Chemtrail Pod Is Simple Aerial Refueling Drogue". I believe the thread stands as an example of what ATS is capable of when we work together. However, it is also an example of how the public can look at certain kinds of military hardware and label them proof of chemtrailing without knowing what the hardware is or what it's applications are.

I still believe that "chemtrailing", in particular, is possibly going on though. There's virtually no evidence that its taking place, if any but we know weather modification activities are being conducted in the public sector and we know the military has dabbled in it before. The military wouldn't conduct weather modification out in the open because of the 1977 UN Environmental Modification Convention.

However, the U.S. government has tried multiple times to pass legislation that would've allowed weather modification research by the military for military applications which, we must assume, would've eventually led to legislation allowing the military to use it on the battlefield (otherwise, that military reserach would've been all for not).

The following is something I posted in an older thread regarding this..

Senate Bill 517 (Weather Modification Research and Development Policy Authorization Act of 2005) and U.S. House Bill 2995 (Weather Modification Research and Technology Transfer Authorization Act of 2005) were proposed in order to:

-allowed experimental weather modification by artificial methods
-establish a "Weather Modification Operations and Research Board" (R&D)
-implement a national weather modification policy (whatever that means)

But the bills never became law.
However every couple of years new bills are being introduced to allow our government to fund, organize, and conduct R&D into weather modfiication. Examples..

House Bill 3445 "Weather Mitigation Research and Technology Transfer Authorization Act of 2007"

Senate Bill 1807 "Weather Mitigation Research and Development Policy Authorization Act of 2007"

The military understands the potential lethality of being able to control the weather and they're still trying to make it legal to conduct such experimentation and weaponization programs. Although, it is at the very least, plausible that the military has already been conducting weather modification with black budget dollars. There would be no red tape.

Below is another snippet of mine from a different thread..

The U.S. military was conducting weather modification research and development as early as world war II after it was fully realised that this new tool could be used as an extremely effective logistical, tactical, yet somewhat controllable, tool/weapon. From what I have seen, most of these experiments revolved around cloud-seeding.

Operation popeye, which occured in vietnam during the war, is probably the most well-documented military operation involving weather modification but there are probably many others we don't know about because they're still classified. The U.S. and many other countries continued weather modification R&D until the late 1970's and some countries still conduct military weather modification more or less out in the open. The UK actually conducted similar weather modification R&D after World War II under Project Cumulus which actually ended up backfiring and killing 34 people when weather modification experiments created masive rainfall which caused immense flooding and devastation (also called the Lynmouth Disaster )

In the U.S., NOAA regulates weather modification experiments and programs (at least those not conducted with black budget dollars). The public sector has been doing it for decades and still is.

-ChriS
edit on 16-2-2011 by BlasteR because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-2-2011 by BlasteR because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I flew out of that BLM base in AK in 2008, flying smokejumpers. And yes, airtankers and water scoopers would be based there too. You can come up with lots of theoretical stuff, and speculate that because BLM is public sector, and that public sector has been involved in cloud seeding, that possibly those planes are too, but its completely incorrect.

I have also flown the airtankers, and just because they have tanks for carrying stuff, does not mean you would cloud seed with them. There is a lot more to cloud seeding that just taking silver iodide to a storm

Besides, who would cloud seed in Alaska? And the BLM would not care, AK started getting rained out by mid July anyways. Cloud seeding is done by private companies with small planes, and paid for by either insurance companies, or state water agencies, or power generation companies. And always approved by state environmental agencies too.

I dont think NOAA is involved in any cloud seeding, but I know that NCAR is involved in a small number of contracts for research. As far as I know, there is not any direct public funding going to it, since NCAR itself gets hired for scientific expertise and clients such as Mali, Saudi Arabia, Wyoming and other places have paid NCAR.

Cloud seeding did not start during WW2, but afterwards. And I do know someone who was involved in Project Popeye during Vietnam when they would try to seed monsoon storms. He believes they did get more rain out of them too. He also thinks that China kept tabs on it too, which is why China does more cloud seeding than anyone else.

edit on 16-2-2011 by firepilot because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join