It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need help with my meditation

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesk8s247
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

yeah, thats what i want to do, i just couldnt explain it. i dont know what it means to be watching your mind, because this is nothing like my meditation. how do i get there?

Yea, there are many newer forms of 'meditation', they mostly revolve around experiencing 'different' bodily and mental sensations, some people extremely enjoy these sensations and become strongly attached to them, then like with anything sensational, it wears off and one is left scrambling for new ways to provoke these sensations again (ie. Bineral Beats, hallucinogenics, hypnosis...). I am not saying this cannot be relaxing or even helpful in some ways, but this is NOT meditation and when these sensations wear off (like you described) they can in fact be a cause for more suffering. IMO these newer forms of so called 'meditation' are more about business and sensation then they are about transcending suffering, which is the whole point of meditation.

If you are interested in finding out what true meditation is, I suggest you start by studying up on its origins and then studying the different enlightened/awakened masters practices that have been used for thousands of years, be that from the Gnostic/Christian tradition, the Buddhist tradition, the ancient Hindu tradition... it doesn't matter as it is not about religion, they all speak of the same thing. There is so much info on the internet about this, search and ye shall find.

PS. Here, I'll even be nice enough to POINT you in a direction, but it is up to you to go from there and decide for yourself what it is you will do.

The Buddha's story/teachings
Gnostic teachings on Meditation
Audio Dharma (teachings in audio)
What is Meditation (videos)

Also here is a thread of mine with a lot of helpful info posted in it about the scientific evidence for the benefits of meditation. Might encourage you to search deeper.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesk8s247

try THIS online course...free and awesome!

I cant tell you how good I found this...

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join