It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need help with my meditation

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I have been heavily meditating for a few months now, and it has been really working for me. However for some reason I don't feel like i'm getting the full experience(i may have once or twice), but i feel like im just about getting to it, but feel like im not really on it yet. I still feel like I'm in the Beta brainwave frequency, and im stuck in it. Please give me some suggestions for reaching alpha, thank you

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Binaural beats might help also try Isochronic tones and Solfeggios. They can help you reach the Alpha state and these can also help you meditate more.

Good luck hope that helps.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Are you self medicating or being perscribed by a doctor?

Either way...I have no advice for you besides listen to whatever your doctor tells you.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
If you are eager to attain a higher level, that eagerness (your Ego) will always hold you back.
Other than that it's all a matter of patience, practice and dedication.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
How far and how deep do you want to go inside?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

as deep as possible. i want to completely embed myself in there until im satasfied

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin

Either way...I have no advice for you besides listen to whatever your doctor tells you.

I only laugh because that is what I saw the first few times I read the thread title!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin

LOL...I just realized that you said MEDITATING...not MEDICATION.

Needless to say...ignore my previous post and carry on...I also have no advice on meditation.

Sorry

edit on 9-2-2011 by MindSpin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

soz me again it wont let me u2u soz

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
experience, satisfaction, achievement... these are all words that have nothing to do with meditation. Be still, be calm, just be...

Do not let pleasure distract you
From meditation, from the way.
Free yourself from pleasure and pain. – Buddha

Meditation is not mind, and mind cannot create meditation. Meditation is getting out of the mind, becoming a watcher of the mind, witnessing all the stuff that goes through the mind — the desires, imaginations, thoughts, dreams, all that goes on in the mind. You become simply a witness. Slowly slowly, this witnessing becomes stronger, becomes more centered, rooted. And suddenly you understand one thing: that you are one with the witnessing, not with the mind; that the mind is as much outside you as anything else. - Osho

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

yeah, thats what i want to do, i just couldnt explain it. i dont know what it means to be watching your mind, because this is nothing like my meditation. how do i get there?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

sweet ok no probs soz to have bothered ya

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
You can try meditating with crystals that align with you. Each zodiac sign has a special stones and crystals that align with your zodiac. But otherwise, meditation is all about finding yourself, patience and calm. And of course proper breathing. Visualization also is a great tool. Clear your chakras too.

"Do or do not, there is no try"

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRevolutionOf2010

how do i clear my chakras?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesk8s247

as deep as possible. i want to completely embed myself in there until im satasfied

What i am about to tell you will take several if not over 50 trys to do.
Next time you do this,i want you to think of you looking into a mirror,in the middle of a desert,hope fully you know how to imagine deep.

Or think of you climbing a mountain with a huge water fall, and a cave at the end,go inside the cave and imgine a water fountain,look inside the water fountain but make sure you can see a reflection.

NOW,if you do this succesfully,something will happen,and it will happen very very very fast,not just fast but at the speed of light.

if you dont let what happens scare you out your meditation,then you will fill weightlessness and a very out of this world 'RUSH',a rush thats immpossible to sustain meditation,but once you realize that you can do it,its a fasinating world to be in.

Just dont NEVER let the first 2 to 4 seconds scare you,thats very important,because it will.

What i just told you is how to get into the astral realm,after you unlock that door in your brain,other doors will open.

You said deep,thats as deep as it goes,atleast in my shoes and what i no.

alot of people that i used to meet in astral told me how they did it.
The song of the grass hopper
The sound of the trees blowing in the wind in may.
A simple fan,that drownes the outer noise from the air.
looking at the mirror until i fall asleep.
lots of plants around me.
one lady even told me she gets her cat happy so he can purr,and she goes in by the purr of her cat.

I have alot of stories i can share with but that just a couple of them, lol.
There are alot of ways to get in there,i shared with you 2 of them ,those 2 have gotten people in,but some it didnt work,so you have a 72% chance of getting in there.have a good travel,see you there soon,lol

ps ,once those doors start openinig ,some other doors may close,so becareful.

edit on 9-2-2011 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

soz again but i found this plz tell me wat ya think
www.postgazette.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

Meditation is medication.

OP, try completely and utterly "letting go" ...for starters try let go of all expectations of the meditation, all goals like how deep you want to go. Don't even think about the fact you are meditating because if you do then you are no longer meditating, your thinking. Be very patient with it and loose the expectations, if it doesn't happen then consider it a successful relaxation session.

If your trying to get the alpha then the alpha binurals would be my obvious guess to try if you haven't already.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I think that this astral projecting idea is very interesting and have researched it, but im not really sure if that is what i want to do... I want to get deep into my mind, not to leave it. what do you mean by other doors will close? I don't just want to send my soul out without protection you know? It would be great if you could explain it to me in more detail, like from start to finish, so i know exactly whats going on.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

What you are suggesting is "astral projecting" and this may be dangerous to the untrained soul. Please be very careful about giving advices about astral projecting.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Lateralussicksicksick

yea could you tell me more about this. I dont want you to think im stupid, I am very spiritually aware.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join