It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jerusalem Hangover? Let's Get Back to Basics.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Hello, All. I have just come fresh from 8 days of participation on the 'Jerusalem UFO Hoax' thread. I don't know about the rest of you but I certainly have a hangover. That had been my first time logging on to ATS and participating in such a thing after many years (since childhood like everyone else) of interest. By last Sunday I felt as though I had been to a 72 hour non-stop party.
The reason that I would like to open this thread is that I have found that, as a UFO believer, reading the first hand UFO accounts of others is both my preferred form of entertainment and wonderfully soothing somehow.
After I had been completely duped by the Haiti UFO and especially after I fell for the spaceship on the moon I just kind of limited myself to reading first hand accounts. That was about 6 months ago and I didn't really peek my head out of the shell until Jerusalem. Only to have it lopped off. The difference this time is that I actually put a hand on the sword to help.
I work in the Operating Room and especially with super high-end Endoscopy equipment. So I actually already had some of the knowledge that I needed to satisfy myself with Jerusalem. What made it all work for me was that there were other professionals and enthusiasts on the thread whose analysis allowed me to integrate what I already knew. This I believe is what makes ATS powerful.
So I would just like to open this thread to plain old basic first hand UFO stories. Let em rip. There is really nothing better than a sincere and candid first hand account. I'll start and away we go. Let's take care of one another here.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Here's my honest simple, not that awesome story.

A while back I was coming home with my dad and my sister. We went over a large hill and once we were at the top there was a bright orangered light in the sky at about the 11 o'clock position above us, so we slowed down to look at it. Over the next five or six seconds it was joined by six more lights of the same color that stayed in place for about ten seconds. They all then disappeared at once. Going further down the road we were on we rounded a curve and they appeared again, in the same exact fashion, except for at around the 2 o'clock position, just over the horizon to the south east, and noticeably smaller.

I'm not sure exactly what we saw, but I know that it was cool and exciting for me at the time.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
This is my story from the early Spring of 2006. Covina, CA. About 09:30 a.m.
I am driving home from a doctor's appointment. I am driving through the old part of town on a narrowish (one lane either way) street. There is a park on the left and old, low one-story medical offices that stretch along for a block. The speed limit is 30 miles an hour in this part of the city. Not much traffic. Everyone is at work by now.
As I am driving I see something that needs my attention ( I am a constant sky watcher ) out of the upper left corner of my peripheral vision. I look into the sky and see what I am sure that I will discover to be a mylar balloon, low in the sky. I am staring at the thing and can't quite resolve it in the morning sunlight and I realize I am going like 10 miles an hour (don't try that in CA if you don't have thick skin) and there are cars behind me. So I pull to the right and just park it and look. Here is what I saw:
A shiny orb in the sky about the size of half of my pinky nail at arms length. Silvery. Mind you now that I am looking above the buildings out across the San Gabriel Valley, and I can see all the way across to where the foothills and mountains touch the sky.
So I am looking at the silvery orb and trying to decide whether or not it is a balloon when way out near the foothills I see a flash. I look and it appears that it is another one. I look to the first one, it flashes silver and just disappears from its position to join the second one. I mean it looked like it just flashed then teleported beside it. At least that is how it appeared to my eye. The second one seemed to appear to the North and the first seemed to go and join it. As I am trying to resolve this with my eyes (it is all happening very quickly) I realize that two more; one that seemed to have always been there a little West and over the park and another that seemed to come in from the East and then quickly join those in the North. When I looked back to the one over the park to the West it was gone. Presumably it had gone to join the others in the North. I don't know.
So I kind of come to and realize that two other cars had pulled over behind me. I don't know if they saw it when I saw it or if they pulled over to see what I was looking at. Then we all just sort of drove away in a memorably robotic fashion.
There you have. I hate to say it but I have a couple more.....

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Mapkar

Thanks, Mapkar. May I ask... The second time that they appeared; did one show up and then it was joined by others? or did they all appear at the same time when you saw them the second time?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Great thread!

One already exists for this purpose:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There's quite a few stories from ATS folks, first hand accounts, if you're interested come over to that thread and check it out.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

Your story was fascinating, I'm very interested in the other ones you have. I've seen silvery orbs also, and they also had the ability to appear and reappear across the entire sky. Many friends of mine have seen these types as well!
I couldn't get a real exposure of them. I was driving as well, when I got home they went away until 30 mins later or so, when they started up again.
What are your other sightings?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by skylightsintheillions

Thank you, Skylights. I will go over and check it out for sure. I am a new member and of course it looks like I did not dig deeply enough into the site.
That is encouraging that you and your friends have seen something like this as well. I would like to include a photo if I am able that I found on UFO casebook. Although the orbs in this photo are closer to the photographer and there are a lot more of them this is the closest thing in a photograph that I could find that approximates what I saw.
Thanks again.
J.

edit on 10-2-2011 by Frater210 because: (no reason given)

Got it! You can see them faintly in the upper left.
edit on 10-2-2011 by Frater210 because: Struggling!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

Oh yeah I can kind of see them up there. It's hard to discern them but it resembles what I saw but far closer. I also like the white horse.

top topics

join