It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youtube & Google

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
So it seems i can't have an account anymore on youtube without having an account with google first.... whats this about? I had a youtube account for few years yet today it says 'can no longer log in without google account' and i have to give my mobile number if i want a google account!!

Why can't they send the code to my email address like most other sites do?

Do i really want them to have my mobile number?

Who else has given there mobile number?

I know there's millions on youtube who must have given there numbers out but is this another way of storing more info about us?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
maybe because they are owned by the same ppl?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I just edit all y info out and make my account fake I dont use yahoo messenger or google chat or mobile im so if i want to use it I log in but you can even connect yahoo to google which sounds proposterous.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I used my yahoo mail as a google account I don't know how this worked but I didn't have to sign up to Jewgle, I just used my YM!. Also Jewgle bought Jewtube around 2006 so they are now connected.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
So use an alternative like Vimeo maybe? There's a reason Google/Youtube has a virtual monopoly.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
They did it to try and stop sock accounts supposedly.

Unfortunately they fail, and people are still using view manipulators/account creators.

Especially the JDL they use them on You Tube un-mass spamming their pro Israel comments.
edit on 9-2-2011 by 007Polytoks because: fix

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
you dont need a mobile number for google, just get a gmail account, and use that to log in.

Whats with the phone number. I would never post my cell online.. DUH

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Le Colonel

Thanks, i got myself a Gmail account

top topics

join