It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New UFOs in Utah 2/6/11

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I think that before creating a photo like this, it would have been a good idea to review some actual photos of planes flying in formation, to get an idea as to what they look like. These are angled such that they look like they're diving into the ground, rather than flying level.

Try again.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
I think that before creating a photo like this, it would have been a good idea to review some actual photos of planes flying in formation, to get an idea as to what they look like. These are angled such that they look like they're diving into the ground, rather than flying level.

I agree... let's look at some pictures of planes in similar circumstances. (BTW looks to me like they are banking left not angled to ground to me)

First of all to address the pixilation of ufo's with the rest of the photo in focus. Movings objects tend to do this on digital cameras:

If that big white spot is emitting a lot of heat (and my guess is these are nuclear powered USAF planes so that would be extremely hot if this is accurate) then the whole UFO would show this type of distortion. If it is EM powered it might also cause distortion on the photo we do not understand. Look at the heat wash behind these aircraft, while the rest of the picture is in focus:

Just the movement can cause pixel irregularities... or compression on moving objects:

And this one speaks for itself:

I still don't think we can 100% call this one a hoax. We need the originals. This might be a hoax but I still think there is a SLIM margin where this might be real. Again, there were a lot of pictures of the f117 & B2 before they were officially admitted to that in many ways are similar to this photo.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Thanks for posting those examples, it's great to know that something shouldn't be automatically dismissed because of odd pixels. So many people use digital video and still camera's now and so many have corrective effects. So it's good to see images that display this that cleary are not hoaxes.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Good post, but why the blurriness then?

The plane in the last picture you posted is out of focus because the DoF would be entirely different shooting through trees than shooting a wide open space. Assuming this was a digital camera on "Auto" and not someone using manual mode.

See how the other planes in the photos are sharp? Just my opinion on all this, I'm no photo expert and merely an amateur photographer.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

hard to tell what taht is

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaosinEngaged

Good post, but why the blurriness then?

The plane in the last picture you posted is out of focus because the DoF would be entirely different shooting through trees than shooting a wide open space. Assuming this was a digital camera on "Auto" and not someone using manual mode.

See how the other planes in the photos are sharp? Just my opinion on all this, I'm no photo expert and merely an amateur photographer.

I might be misunderstanding your post. The Triangles, if the big white blob is some sort of drive mechinism, would be venting hot air below the craft towards the camera as in the photo I am posting below. The pictures of the planes in the post above are from in front or side with the exhaust blurring the picture behind them. They are clear from the angle of the photogropher but if you were behind those aircraft the aircraft would look blurry. Here is a relevent picture showing how planes would be obscured by hot exhaust if you were watching them from behind the hot exhaust like the UFO in the OP:

Notice how this looks amazingly like those UFOs??? It possesses the same sort of watery/blurry quality. If that white spot is vent hot gasses towards the photographer it explains the blurriness of the UFO in the photo. Thank you for posting this question and challenging me. After this photo the possibility that this is OP photo is real just went up in my book. If the big white spot is a heat source... look how similar it looks to this photo!
edit on 17-2-2011 by pianopraze because: clarification

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Ok..

So you folks don't like the idea that the compression artifacts on the UFO don't match the Branches. That's fine, let's go with another inconsistency then...

One of the UFO's is seen behind the tree with the branches in front of it. Can someone explain to me why this one UFO has part of it's body in front of the branches?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e86ed57cd1a8.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 2/18/2011 by JohnnyAnonymous because: Typo

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

First of all we are talking about a UFO that is 25 pixels across in the original photo we have to work with (still waiting on the raw image from the camera). I don't know what weird filter your dealing with but let's look at the UFO picture unaltered other than zooming in.

If you look at the branches there is a color shift or false color to the left of the branches... so the whole photo at this level of zoom, not just the UFO shows weird color anomalies. At this level of zoom I'm not sure your seeing anything more than camera resolution breakdown, for lack of a technical term and weird software compression/formatting errors (jpeg/gif/tiff etc... take the raw image and compress it which causes distortions). On top of that you are altering the original photo with whatever filters you are using to produce that weird effect.

I agree that it is probably hoaxed. Especially since the original poster continues to be unresponsive to all replies. But considering all aspects, I think until we get the raw camera footage I cannot toss this in the "debunked" category.

There are many credible witnesses (even law enforcement) who have seen UFO's matching this one. I think it is a USAF/CIA/NASA etc. craft we are either using or experimenting with. Even if this one turns out to be a hoax, I'm sure we have a craft matching this one. I was just as sure before they released the pics of the f117 and b2. I have looked for hours for the "UFO" pics of the f117 and B2 but can't find them. Guess it's too old news...
edit on 19-2-2011 by pianopraze because: fixed photo

ETA my hopes that this is real dwindle with every day that passes... it probably means they don't have raw camera footage = hoax.
edit on 19-2-2011 by pianopraze because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Hmmmmm, the website that this picture came from, utahufo.com, has been shut down.... Big surprise eh?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by sk8erchick

yeah

*sigh* guess we'll never get the raw data... 99% likely it's a hoax. I only held a slim margin for it to be real to begin with... now... *shrug*

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join