It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New UFOs in Utah 2/6/11

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527
reply to post by pianopraze

If i didnt see the cloud coming through the object,then i would say good video,but.

I don't see that, I see a bright center circle which looks too blurry for my taste but that doesn't make it false. Objects 3 & 4 look like the branch disappears but when you put a bright light behind a skinny object this could happen...

I would like several real professionals to sink their teeth into this one - not just photoshop pundits. I could create a better looking photoshop myself, but that does not mean this is not a real photo.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

The clincher is the lack of EXIF data. These images are easy to fake. People have been doing it for years. That is why people on here are doubting the image authenticity. Even camera phones will have the EXIF data. If they have nothing to hide then all the info will be presented with the image.

www.cellutips.com...

TJ

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by tommyjo

The clincher is the lack of EXIF data. These images are easy to fake. People have been doing it for years. That is why people on here are doubting the image authenticity. Even camera phones will have the EXIF data. If they have nothing to hide then all the info will be presented with the image.

www.cellutips.com...

TJ

I sent off an email to the webmaster of Coast to Coast to see if I can get in touch with the person who took this photo. I will see if we can get this data

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

OK. No problem. Hopefully you will get a reply?

TJ

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Some oddities I found in the pic:

Look at the odd colour spectrum that seems to be out of place for the picture (very overcast and dull), notice how the spectrum also ends ubruptly when meeting the pixels of the nearest tree branch, also the right side of the spectrum ends in a completely vertical straight line also (sign of a copy and paste?):

This is the bluriest of the UFO's, it is the only one of the other UFO's that has the same corner as the previous one showing, notice how blurry that corner is? You might even call it missing, some pixel irregularities in the intersecting tree branches too:

This UFO seems to make the intersecting tree branches blur, yet when they exit the other side, they seem to be crisper again?:

In this pic you can clearly see some pixel irregularties, there seems to be a completely out of place pixel in the middle of the UFO's "round thing" :

edit on 12-2-2011 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-2-2011 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
That's interesting. Waiting on the reply from coast to coast. Hopefully we can track down the original.

I also emailed the website where coast got the photo.

Notice the red at the tips as you zoom in? I hadn't noticed that before, I was focusing on the white, which if it is very bright might cause some of those artifacts like this photo:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

I'd have to ask why the camera man didn't move away from the tree and zoom in for a decent pic..

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

I can only repeat what was in the flavor text on Coast that I put on my OP:

I noticed there were a total of four as I looked through the branches of the tree. They were moving slowly.. much too slowly to stay in the air it seemed. So I pointed my camera at them and took a picture, not more than a couple seconds later they took off like a bat out of hell, out of my view towards the clouds over the mountains

If true, and this is not a hoax, he took the picture then they zoomed off before clearing the branches. We are lucky we have anything (or it's a hoax) I don't deny this could be a hoax people... 99% of what we get here are... but let's at least examine the evidence presented thoroughly and not toss out the baby with the bathwater.

I am waiting on the raw image which I will post as soon as I can get it... I am not the photo taker, I just saw this on coast. It intrigues me so much because it reminds me of pics I saw of the f117 and B2 before they were officially admitted too.........

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Still haven't heard back from Coast to Coast or the website that originally put up the photo

*sigh*

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I heard back from Coast to Coast AM today, but unfortunately they only told me the same contact info as is on the website... And I already emailed them and have not heard back.

Contact here: www.utahufo.com...

Lex

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I live about 3 miles from the mountains in the background of this picture. I don't know if this picture is real or fake, but what I do know is that for the past few nights I have seen some very strange lights in the sky. I suspect that the person that took this picture faked it though. I have been in contact with him and asked him his location so that I might be able to see the angles and distances that the "object" was seen from, I am quite certain that he lied about his location. Judging from the promontory (hill) that comes out from the center left of the picture, this picture was taken much farther north from where he said he took it. I don't know, maybe he just doesn't want "crazies" from the net to know where he lives (which I can understand). If it stops snowing in the morning I will go for a drive and try to get a better look at the landmarks and post what I find.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk8erchick
I live about 3 miles from the mountains in the background of this picture. I don't know if this picture is real or fake, but what I do know is that for the past few nights I have seen some very strange lights in the sky. I suspect that the person that took this picture faked it though. I have been in contact with him and asked him his location so that I might be able to see the angles and distances that the "object" was seen from, I am quite certain that he lied about his location. Judging from the promontory (hill) that comes out from the center left of the picture, this picture was taken much farther north from where he said he took it. I don't know, maybe he just doesn't want "crazies" from the net to know where he lives (which I can understand). If it stops snowing in the morning I will go for a drive and try to get a better look at the landmarks and post what I find.

I have emailed, but they have not replied. How have you been in contact with them? Please ask them to come on here or answer my email.

According to the photo info in OP it sounds like he took it from his back yard:

Was outside for a smoke break and watching my kids play in the back yard

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I'm calling fake.

If the mountains in that photo are clear, the depth of field is such that those "UFO's" should be much clearer/sharper in the photo.

You can't look at a photo and automatically assume it's real, just because it looks real. You're better off assuming everything is fake until you find a photo where NOTHING points in the direction of fraud.

Because of the blurriness of the objects, as well as the pixel abnormalities outlined above, there is no reason to suspect this image is anything other than doctored.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Someone also mentioned how the "blurriness" could be due to some kind of alien technology. If that were the case, I'd of expected the report to indicate something along the lines of, "the objects were fuzzy or blurry looking."

Cameras capture light, just like the human eye. If the object is blurry to the camera when the depth of field is set in such a way that the objects should've been sharp, the objects should have been blurry to the human eye as well.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I think someone else already mentioned it but I found the top UFO's light to be in front of the branches. While I know this sort of thing can happen with bright lights in this case it looks fake to me. I think it's a Photoshop.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Verily easy to raise a eyebrow on this one..
Questions I would ask is, why are there over compression/pixelization on the branches, but not the UFO?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I just emailed contact@utahufo.com. I will send another email out and see what happens...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sk8erchick

Sent a email to him, told him to come here and give us proof... He says he has ordered a high def camera to take pics with. (sure do wish I could afford one of those) I asked if I could go to where he took the pic at, hope he will allow me to come over...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sk8erchick

He has not answered my email asking for the camera raw image. Don't know if that means he doesn't have one and it's altered, he's to busy, or it's a hoax and he does not have it....

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
It is completely possible this photo is fake but I will throw my 2 cents in anyway.

I live in Utah and have witnessed upwards of 30 UFO sightings. None were triangles though.
I don't think it's really fair to say, "why didn't the camera man do this or that...." UFO events happen so fast that sometimes the excitement and aww of what you are seeing just leaves you fumbling of what to do.

Hmm.. everything in the image is sharp except for the UFO! Even the mountains in the background..

You are right, I agree. But from my own personal experiences I can say that for some reason some UFO events that I have witnessed, I remember the objects being somewhat blurred. Whether it's because they are in their own sort of field or dimension ...I have no clue ....but it is odd that they seem blurred in real life and in the photo.
Either way, it's a cool photo and I will keep my eyes peeled and looking out for more UFOs!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join