It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

T-60S

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 06:01 PM
link   
In the mid-1990s, the first priority for the air forces was the Su-T-60S multirole bomber, which had been designed to replace the Tu-22M and the Su-24 . The Su-T-60S is a long-range supersonic tactical/operational nuclear-capable bomber with built- in stealth technology developed by the Sukhoy Design Bureau. Although its development was officially secret, the Su-T-60S was reported to be in the prototype stage and ready for flight testing in mid-1996.

The T-60S project for a high-altitude, high-speed bomber was initiated by the Sukhoi bureau in 1984 and originally intended to enter service in 2003. Very little information is available concerning either the design or current status of this aircraft. The T-60S may consist of a blended-body fuselage and a swing-wing construction. The design may be capable of supercruise at Mach 2, with engines possibly equipped with two-dimensional thrust vectoring nozzles to solve the problem of insufficient area of horizontal control surfaces at high speeds encountered during the T-4MS development effort. The aircraft was intended to replace the current fleet of Tu-22M supersonic bombers, although this project has probably been deferred.




posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 06:12 PM
link   
A little pic may be ?


Tupolev Tu-60S :



Here,a drawing of the Tupolev Tu-4M :




posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 06:42 PM
link   
You are welcome $tranger.

I like to speak with you about that matter, aeronautic.



posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 07:33 PM
link   
This "Russia's Stealth Bomber") was all the news 6-7 years ago and the plane was due to be in service this year. However, while details are few, it seems almost certain that it has gone the way of most of the former USSR's weaponry.
It's interesting that Sukhoi (traditionally fighter/fighter-bomber designers) were commissioned on this rather than the traditional bomber-design teams at Tupolev or Ilyushin. That probably explains the unusual design of many of the artists' impressions.
Excellent pictures, chaps and a brief informative link here:
www.aeronautics.ru...



posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Hey interesting project, and what a great read!

I'm gonna do some more research on that project and write a page about if for my website.

Thanks everyone



posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zion Mainframe
Hey interesting project, and what a great read!

I'm gonna do some more research on that project and write a page about if for my website.

Thanks everyone


Conspiracy, policy, war, science, aeronautics.....ATS is a allways a must !



posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 12:23 AM
link   
those are some nice birds. good article too. thanks!



posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 01:49 AM
link   
When i join this forum i was looking something about MiG36 i think. i have to dispoint u guys but Russia do not have money to build the Tu-60. She do not have money to buy Sqd of Tu-160 from Ukraina in 1995 (This sqd was left because collaps of SSSR). I don't think Tupoljev OKB have money to put new plane in reserch, or maybe some1 buy all OKB Tupoljev.



posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Su-47 and MiG1.42 was drown when?! 1980 right and this is 2003 year about 23 years and this plane is not in service why. No money means nothing new. When SSSR was leader of East world they have a City's where only Sientes lives no1 can enter or live this city's. But with colaps of SSSR many of this sientes escape to West world and to China Japan. I was thinking that the US stelth fighters and bombers was first drown in SSSR.



posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Those pics dont look sterdy, like the planes would fall apart.



posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serbian_SPIRIT
When i join this forum i was looking something about MiG36 i think. i have to dispoint u guys but Russia do not have money to build the Tu-60. She do not have money to buy Sqd of Tu-160 from Ukraina in 1995 (This sqd was left because collaps of SSSR). I don't think Tupoljev OKB have money to put new plane in reserch, or maybe some1 buy all OKB Tupoljev.



this is bs as russia got the tu-160 from ukraine in the end and now are building more tu-160 inter-continental bombers, and the new generation bomber project may be based on t-60s and will enter production after 2010/15.



posted on May, 14 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Serbian_SPIRIT
Su-47 and MiG1.42 was drown when?! 1980 right and this is 2003 year about 23 years and this plane is not in service why. No money means nothing new. When SSSR was leader of East world they have a City's where only Sientes lives no1 can enter or live this city's. But with colaps of SSSR many of this sientes escape to West world and to China Japan. I was thinking that the US stelth fighters and bombers was first drown in SSSR.


the first f-117 stealth fighter was designed in the 60's along side the sr-71, the first flight of the f-117 was early 70's think 71.....how is this post-ussr era?

unless your talking about the f-22's etc, but even those have been is design since as early as 93, maybe your talking about prototypes i havent seen??



posted on May, 15 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
No the F-117 is a more recent development than that, Have Blue started flying in the late 70's, with the F-117's entering service in the early 1980's. Interestingly it was in squadron service by 1984 IIRC, meaning it was in regular service for five years before it's existence was revealed.



posted on May, 17 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
T-60 is a tank! Maybe you meant TU-60? It's a very easy Typo to make!

TU means it was made by Tupoleve Aircraft Company. Just a "T" by itself means it's a tank!

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance



posted on May, 17 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghost
T-60 is a tank! Maybe you meant TU-60? It's a very easy Typo to make!

TU means it was made by Tupoleve Aircraft Company. Just a "T" by itself means it's a tank!

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance



The designation is correct as evident in the following exerpt in Russian, from the original article. By the way, is also says that Eltsin canceled the program. Just one of other idiotic things he did.



Проектирование Т-60 (под другим индексом) было начато ЦАГИ в семидесятых годах в инициативном порядке на базе задела по стратегическому ракетоносцу Т-4МС, с которым у ОКБ «Кулон» была связана длительная и драматичная эпопея. По воспоминаниям О. Самойловича, проект Т-60 ЦАГИ пестрел различными чудесами. Силовую установку, к примеру, составляли так называемые «двухтрубные» двигатели, каждый из которых состоял из основного тягового ТРДФ и вспомогательного ГТД, вращавшего входную ступень компрессора основного. В начале восьмидесятых Симонов добился передачи работ по этому самолету в ОКБ «Кулон», где эта тема начала теснить проект Су-24БМ, и без того продвигавшийся трудно.

Тогда сторонники развития Су-24 был предприняли дерзкий шаг - крыло изменяемой геометрии Су-24БМ было заменено фиксированными консолями с наплывом, самолет получил двухкилевое оперение и перспективное радиоэлектронное оборудование, взятое из проекта Т-60С. В 1983 году был построен полноразмерный макет этой машины, но под давлением Симонова и Силаева работы были остановлены с обещаниями скорейшего окончания проектирования Т-60С. Но и эта программа была прекращена приказом Ельцина в 1992 году. Официально ее фиаско было представлено как очередная мирная инициатива в рамках переговоров по ограничению вооружений.



There was also a tank by the name T-60, but quite a bit earlier... So there was no confusion.



[edit on 17-5-2005 by Aelita]



posted on May, 18 2005 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita
The designation is correct as evident in the following exerpt in Russian, from the original article. By the way, is also says that Eltsin canceled the program. Just one of other idiotic things he did.



Проектирование Т-60 (под другим индексом) было начато ЦАГИ в семидесятых годах в инициативном порядке на базе задела по стратегическому ракетоносцу Т-4МС, с которым у ОКБ «Кулон» была связана длительная и драматичная эпопея. По воспоминаниям О. Самойловича, проект Т-60 ЦАГИ пестрел различными чудесами. Силовую установку, к примеру, составляли так называемые «двухтрубные» двигатели, каждый из которых состоял из основного тягового ТРДФ и вспомогательного ГТД, вращавшего входную ступень компрессора основного. В начале восьмидесятых Симонов добился передачи работ по этому самолету в ОКБ «Кулон», где эта тема начала теснить проект Су-24БМ, и без того продвигавшийся трудно.

Тогда сторонники развития Су-24 был предприняли дерзкий шаг - крыло изменяемой геометрии Су-24БМ было заменено фиксированными консолями с наплывом, самолет получил двухкилевое оперение и перспективное радиоэлектронное оборудование, взятое из проекта Т-60С. В 1983 году был построен полноразмерный макет этой машины, но под давлением Симонова и Силаева работы были остановлены с обещаниями скорейшего окончания проектирования Т-60С. Но и эта программа была прекращена приказом Ельцина в 1992 году. Официально ее фиаско было представлено как очередная мирная инициатива в рамках переговоров по ограничению вооружений.




[edit on 17-5-2005 by Aelita]


Can anyone translate this? It looks like it might have some info on the aircraft, but I can't read Russian. If someone knows how to get the above text translated, I would love to know what it sais!


Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance



posted on May, 18 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita


The designation is correct as evident in the following exerpt in Russian, from the original article. By the way, is also says that Eltsin canceled the program. Just one of other idiotic things he did.


Idiotic? one of the visest, I think. Russia didn't even had money for it's subs and regular army during 90ties. Considering the current problems with Tu-160 he did the right thing. BTW Putin is also not keen to start another bomber program. The future russian strategic bomber should be improved Tu-160 with RCS comparable to B1B and armed with nuclear cruise misilles.



posted on May, 18 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by longbow

Originally posted by Aelita


The designation is correct as evident in the following exerpt in Russian, from the original article. By the way, is also says that Eltsin canceled the program. Just one of other idiotic things he did.


Idiotic? one of the visest, I think. Russia didn't even had money for it's subs and regular army during 90ties.


Oh yeah, that why this country produced a record number of billionaires in a short perioud of time during the 90s! I could not believe my eyes when I saw a Bentley dealership in Moscow, just a few steps from the KGB headquarters.

Given the kind of budget left over for the military, I guess cancellation of the program was the only choice. It is the whole deconstruction of the society that happened under Eltsin's watch that I despise so much.

I don't have time to translate the parapgraph in Russian, but in essense it coveres the innovative features in the designs of Su-24 and Su-24B, and how the design bureau had trouble developing both the T-60 and the Su lines of craft. Some of the Su-24 tech was put into T-60. Both were eventually canceled.



posted on May, 18 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
Those pics dont look sterdy, like the planes would fall apart.


take a look at some american "supposed to be" black projects(like the TR-3B, etc)

These look a lot better.



posted on May, 19 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghost
T-60 is a tank! Maybe you meant TU-60? It's a very easy Typo to make!

TU means it was made by Tupoleve Aircraft Company. Just a "T" by itself means it's a tank!

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance


It is not correct. From the mid 50s, OKB Sukhoi used two types of designation. T is treguolka and it means delta wing and S means swept wing. Now it is used chaoticaly. For example, Su-27 was known as T-10 and later T-10-15 or T-10S (i wrote an article about it some time ago), early Su-24 prototype with lift engines was T-6, Su-47 Berkut was S-32 and later S-37.....

T-60S for Sukhoi bomber is correct designation. It was choosen because in early specifications it had maximal take off weight 60 tons.




top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join