It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deja Vu or Deja Reve an Abstract

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Here is a article I have published which raises awareness about the nature of precognitive dreaming and how they relate directly to waking physical reality.

www.youaredreaming.org...

If you find this article useful, please pass it along or post on other sites you think might benefit from such information. It's public domain so have fun!

Abstract This paper examines the very real phenomena of Déjà Vu and how it connects to an even more profound subtype known as Déjà Rêvé. Déjà vu is French for “Already Seen” and Déjà Rêvé is French for “Already Dreamed”. Often people who experience Déjà Vu link the origin of the familiar memory to something they have dreamed days, weeks, months and even years before they experienced “Déjà Vu”. Déjà Rêvé suggests that dreams have a direct and relative relationship with physical reality. If so, then understanding and exploring this is critical to science and critical to understanding the origins of “reality”.

edit on 9-2-2011 by YouAreDreaming because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I am going to bookmark this and come back to it later. I am looking forward to reading this.. Do you mind if i make a copy and let my sister go over it as well ?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

Yes please do, it's public domain so it can be reproduced freely and distributed as needed

Let me know what you think.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Nice post, I find this sort of stuff very interesting. S + F

Peace 2 all

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming

Yes please do, it's public domain so it can be reproduced freely and distributed as needed

Let me know what you think.

Will do. I am looking forward to reading this i just didn't want to make a copy of it without your permission first thank you.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I am down with freedom of information so even if I wrote it, making it free to the public is right up my ally. I struggle with anything that could slow the travel of information down.

Thanks for asking and I hope she also enjoys the article.

Cheers,

Ian

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

Brilliant, Brilliant article This has been very eye opining for me and very insightful.
I Have been experiencing deja vu for many years now since i was a child.. That is why i was so interested in this topic.. And after reading this article i have come to realize what I have been experiencing is Deja Reve.. I have always found it easy to become lucid in my dreams.. in fact it happens so often now it is just normal, it is effortless. Also as long as i can remember i have experienced sleep paralysis.. So i have summed my Deja Vu experiences up to perhaps i am remembering my dream world And truly experiencing Deja Reve.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Awesome, keep me in the loop with any progress!

Lucid dreams are another very interesting aspect of human consciousness. On highly worth pursuing in my humble opinion.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

REGARDING: "Déjà Vu or Déjà Rêvé" by Ian Wilson

What a refreshing read!!!
Well articulated, informative, and excellent resourcing/referencing!
The flow of the paper was wonderful! As I was reading, a few points popped into my head, and amazingly the next lines I read addressed the points!

Lucid dreaming is a concept I only learned of some time last year, so the implications of your paper are extremely exciting, to say the least! Your paper has opened my mind to so many possibilities, shed light on previously discovered concepts, and connected a few dots to form several "what if" and "aha" ideas!

"If one was to change a precognitive dream, would such changes occur when the dream comes true?"

I'm not sure if you are familiar with any metaphysical concepts, but allow me to elaborate on an idea I have as a result of your paper. Many ideologies and philosophies hold that we can manifest our realities through thought, action, and by understanding and utilizing concepts such as Karma, Law of Attraction, Synchronicity, Causality, etc.
By fully utilizing Lucid Precognitive Dreaming to effect conscious awareness and change in the dream world, while fully utilizing physical manifestation via Law of Attraction, Karma, Synchronicity, Causality, etc. in the awake world... could applying fully realized conscious awareness while both awake and asleep be the key to realizing and experiencing the full manifestation of human capabilities?
Man becoming as god-like as possible.
Conscious awareness while awake and lucid dreaming are two disciplines all on their own. It may take an individual countless tries and effort to fully understand and/or utilize either concept, but imagine the possibilities of one that masters both the dream and awake worlds!!!
So many ideologies focus on the nature of duality... since we spend our time divided between awake and asleep, is conscious awareness in both dreams and awake a goal we should strive for to maximize our happiness and desires?
Is our true nature, true balance, and true power realized by mastering both our dreams and our time awake?
Is allowing our dreams to run on autopilot as counterproductive as going through life on auto-pilot in a "zombie" consciousness?
Definitely a new concept I'm going to be digging at!

You mentioned that the dream world is multi-faceted, layered, and spectrum-based. Understanding and gaining access to the precognitive zone, do you think this is the empowerment of our psychics, prophets, and mystics? Do you think this dream world precognitive zone is related to the Cosmic Consciousness, Akashic Records, etc.?

Thank you very much for this wonderful public paper you have put forward. Keep us updated on your research and any new discoveries and/or insights that you may encounter. May Peace be upon you my friend.

P.S.
I noticed a few typos, misspellings, and grammatical errors in your paper. I'd be happy to PM you edits to take into consideration.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

HI Sahabi,

I finally have the time to answer your impressive reply.

Originally posted by Sahabi

Lucid dreaming is a concept I only learned of some time last year, so the implications of your paper are extremely exciting, to say the least! Your paper has opened my mind to so many possibilities, shed light on previously discovered concepts, and connected a few dots to form several "what if" and "aha" ideas!

Lucid Dreaming is the only way to dream in my humble opinion, but it is a discipline and a skill that needs constant upkeep and practice. Well worth it as it leads to so much more "reality" then what we have when we do not lucid dream.

I'm not sure if you are familiar with any metaphysical concepts, but allow me to elaborate on an idea I have as a result of your paper. Many ideologies and philosophies hold that we can manifest our realities through thought, action, and by understanding and utilizing concepts such as Karma, Law of Attraction, Synchronicity, Causality, etc.

By fully utilizing Lucid Precognitive Dreaming to effect conscious awareness and change in the dream world, while fully utilizing physical manifestation via Law of Attraction, Karma, Synchronicity, Causality, etc. in the awake world... could applying fully realized conscious awareness while both awake and asleep be the key to realizing and experiencing the full manifestation of human capabilities?

I have written a book that is still going through the final edits and updates before I release it that gets into the mechanics of organized thought as a dream, as well as neural geometry, information processing by the brain and how organized thought facilitates mind rendered perceptions of reality.

What is interesting to also note; not clarified in the abstract then when observing a precognitive dream, it is identical to *any* other dream in substance. That substance being what all dreams are made from... organized thought.

So when organized thought does actualize into a future event, is it still organized thought? We can have a deep discussion on this issue indeed.

Man becoming as god-like as possible.
Conscious awareness while awake and lucid dreaming are two disciplines all on their own. It may take an individual countless tries and effort to fully understand and/or utilize either concept, but imagine the possibilities of one that masters both the dream and awake worlds!!!
So many ideologies focus on the nature of duality... since we spend our time divided between awake and asleep, is conscious awareness in both dreams and awake a goal we should strive for to maximize our happiness and desires?

It certainly has brought me happiness and wonderment. As well as useful insights and information into the underlying relationship between dreams and reality. Suffice to say this is a road worth traveling for those willing to simply remember they are also dreamers.

Is our true nature, true balance, and true power realized by mastering both our dreams and our time awake?

This does sound like a possible goal; there is a power in dreaming and I cannot argue that fact. I've seen it when changing dreams before they come true. Do I fully understand it, somewhat but I do indeed respect it.

Is allowing our dreams to run on autopilot as counterproductive as going through life on auto-pilot in a "zombie" consciousness?
Definitely a new concept I'm going to be digging at!

Totally counterproductive and also a tragic loss of potential reality experiences in the form of dreams. We lose out by not dreaming; and gain so much more when we do. I also cover argument in my book. I'll keep you posted when it's available.

You mentioned that the dream world is multi-faceted, layered, and spectrum-based. Understanding and gaining access to the precognitive zone, do you think this is the empowerment of our psychics, prophets, and mystics? Do you think this dream world precognitive zone is related to the Cosmic Consciousness, Akashic Records, etc.?

What makes this spectrum interesting is that we are always there at some deeper level of unconsciousness. It is the introduction of our consciousness that brings waking awareness of it. It does tie into what people call the collective unconscious, the Akashic Records or a Universal Probability Database.

It becomes information and data if we start to look at the complex process of organizing thought into experiences of reality and then scale that up into a physical dream experience which is both a massive shared dream and one that has a defined rule-set and theme.

Thank you very much for this wonderful public paper you have put forward. Keep us updated on your research and any new discoveries and/or insights that you may encounter. May Peace be upon you my friend.

Thanks Sahabi, I really enjoyed your enthusiasm and questioning. This is really something that is within us; and it is something that also needs to be explored and focused on with our full intentions.

Feel free to keep an ongoing dialog with any questions or ideas, I am certainly interested.

P.S.
I noticed a few typos, misspellings, and grammatical errors in your paper. I'd be happy to PM you edits to take into consideration.

That would be wonderful, my skill as a write is not as strong as I need it to be. So I miss my typos and lower-order errors. Cleaning up the abstract that way would be a benefit to the next set of readers and I would credit you for it.

Cheers,

Ian

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Just wanted to update that I am already receiving e-mails from people who have had some experience with lucid precognitive dreaming so it's exciting to find out if more people have progressed into affecting causality through such micro windows of opportunity.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Starting to get some replies from physicists etc on the abstract. Hopefully more awareness will be brought to this very interesting relationship that is genuine and does exist.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I just wanted to thank you for this thread. Your insight into this particular field is amazing. I myself just have been introduced to Lucid Dreaming and the effects of the Law of Attraction. Recently over the last year or so I have had the experience of being able to be awake while dreaming and change it within to make for some truly amazing dreams. I like the idea of mastering this sleeping reality to make the awake reality just the same. You have given me many ideas on to what I have been missing. This is our world. The time for auto pilot as you call it has to end. We all have the ability to have everything we truly desire. We can manifest them thru simple thought. The future already exist, but is not solid in form. Meaning we can mold and change it to any form we like. Thank you again. This has been inspiring.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by damilo

Thanks Damilo,

I am very passionate about dreaming and especially with regards to precognitive dreams. This is an important area of potential research and exploration that I think once science really gets a handle on the fact it's real and something that connects with physical reality; we may get some interesting progress in that field.

Until then, I have some updated info that may be of interest:

Robert Waggoner and Anthony Peake on "The Peake Experience" talked in great depths regarding lucid dreams. They brought up some of my research with regards to lucid precognitive dreaming.

Here is the link to the video; it should be public viewable within 24-48 hours.
www.soupmedianetwork.com...

Robert shared his Interview with me in his 55th Edition of the Lucid Dream Exchange. You can also read this interview freely on the internet.

Here's a PDF format from Robert's website.
www.dreaminglucid.com...

Here is an HTML version if the PDF is hard to follow with the columns,
you-are-dreaming.blogspot.com...-study-of.html...

Enjoy the dream my friends!

Ian

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Great article! Thank you for taking the time to write this up, and share it for free.

I have had a lot of deja reve lately and was shocked to see this abstract posted. It pretty much sums up my experiences, and my thoughts on the subject well. It's very well articulated with a lot of great examples.

Now I just have to discipline myself to lucid dream more often. I find that most my dreams are very "life like" and often become confused when I wake up, thinking I am still dreaming, or when I am dreaming, that I am awake. It's a very strange feeling.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by InnerTruths

It is a wonderful relationship to explore; and I do hope more people brave the journey ahead of willingly and consciously participating in precognitive dreams.

On an interesting note, Dr. Fred Allan Wolf or Dr. Quantum contacted me via e-mail in regards to this abstract. I know of his works through his media exposure only, not through his abstracts or publications. It somewhat scornfully pointed out that many of his dissertations cover the relationship between reality and dreams.

He linked me to free online articles from his website:
www.fredalanwolf.com...

And I raced to the library and discovered thankfully that his book, "The Dreaming Universe" exists and I have already read it within the scope in over a hour.

It is fantastic, he really pushes the conjecture that reality is indeed a dream; and that the Universe is dreaming along with all of us. His hands-on exploration of Aboriginal dreamers in Australia to a strong historical case that stems from early Greek writings to modern research into dreaming is wonderful.

Please do read this book; it is a "gem" within the many books on dreaming that I have read.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
To be quite honest, I just go through my sleep on auto-pilot. I almost always wake with a mere "black-out" forgetfulness of any and all dreams. I've had a few lucid dreams, but even those were in full auto-pilot... just being aware its a dream, but still only observing myself and the dream.

As stated above, only last year I learned the concept of lucid dreaming. Additionally, last year I discovered the power of thought in the form of creative energy.

As you've illustrated dreams as organized thought, I just realized my efforts to be consciously aware of my existence must be expanded into the dream world. I've read a couple tips on how to lucid dream... keeping a dream diary next to the bed, and by writing any small fragment of my dream the moment I awaken will help me gain memory and awareness over time. To tell myself and intend to lucid dream before I fall asleep. To wake an hour or two earlier, fall back asleep and this hour or so "snooze" time will have a higher probability to experience lucid dreams. Do you have any starter tips for beginners such as myself?

Thank you for being the catalyst for me to explore the domain of the dream world.
May Peace be upon you.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

I have written on lucid dreaming and my website has some articles regarding lucid dream techniques.

youaredreaming.org...

These are all part of my growing effort to raise awareness regarding dreams. Thanks for the edits btw, I'll try to get that updated over the weekend

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I would like to share the 2nd revision of this abstract, added more context and material as well as fixed some spelling and grammatical errors.

www.youaredreaming.org...

Enjoy!

Ian

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
This reminds me of a time when I was at the beginning of when i started writing down dreams, recording them, intending etc..
In that time which was about 5 or 6 years ago, I had deja vu for a solid month, every day, multiple times.
It was not an effort thing, it was like riding a wave and continually being pleasantly surprised even after I thought the run was over.
I recorded this in my dream journal, if I can find it I'll post it here. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone has experienced frequent deja vu and maybe what anyone thinks, comments on it? It definitely was connected with meditating and lucid dreaming attempts.

new topics

top topics

join