It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2011 Game Releases

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

See, I'd just have to pay $60 on Steam and avoid every one of those problems. No possible way there won't be enough copies and get all the content =D

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Mass Effect 3.

Anybody notice the references to the Illuminanti/Global Elite?

The Reapers - everybody denies their existence when a puppet government (the Council) 'dismisses Shepard's claims'. They claim to be the true constructors of the Mass Relays (the tweezer-looking things that teleport ships across the Galaxy) and the Citadel, claiming this is the path that civilizations evolve along, the paths they desire.

And that we exist because they 'allow it', and will end, because they 'demand it'.

Am I the only one who sees these allusions?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
The new silent hill comes out this year and so does the new metal gear solid,those are the games im going to buy....I can wait unti they are 10-20 dollars.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by lostsock

They give earlier release dates just to get your money,if you forget you reserved the game. Free money in their hands. And if you dont forget,your paying the full price instead of 20 dollars a few months later. Either way,if you reserve a game they won.

I have reserved a few games and they didnt come out for years,push back after push back. I did not forget that money tho,i went back for my 10 dollars.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by miracleretiree

That's why you only reserve a game after they've given a solid release date. It always takes far longer than a few months for the price to come down though. After 6 months or so a more well-known game may come down to $50 from $60, but it'll definetly take a year or more to get down to the $20-30 range, unless you get a deal in-store or on Steam. I really love Steam for that, I'm constantly picking up games at like 50-75% off.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by miracleretiree
reply to post by lostsock

They give earlier release dates just to get your money,if you forget you reserved the game. Free money in their hands. And if you dont forget,your paying the full price instead of 20 dollars a few months later. Either way,if you reserve a game they won.

I have reserved a few games and they didnt come out for years,push back after push back. I did not forget that money tho,i went back for my 10 dollars.

...that was good! I wish I thought of that line.....would have been even funnier if we could have thought of a store that has gone out of business in the last 20 years that you had pre-ordered your game at.....I had to play games on some 5 inch square paper disks back in the day....and of course thought I had a huge game when it game with 8........ 3.5 inch floppys

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Anyone playing rift yet.? I'm wondering if it as good as everyone is saying.. It got great reviews.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

I've been in their Headstart thing, it's decent enough. I've been getting tired of WoW, so I'll be switching to it for awhile. Although today I plan on playing the Crysis 2 demo instead

edit on 1-3-2011 by warbird03 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by warbird03

Once I maxed out at level 60 in WoW, it was over....I think that was 2005 or 2006....

There is a chance, thanks to the Bakken, that I might be able to spend another year hooked up to some Matrix like that again.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
So shogun 2 total war is out anyone get it?
I been a huge fan of total war since the start but iv been dissapointed with the recent ones like empire and napoleon and want to make sure shogun goes back to the roots

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
So shogun 2 total war is out anyone get it?
I been a huge fan of total war since the start but iv been dissapointed with the recent ones like empire and napoleon and want to make sure shogun goes back to the roots

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
dragon age 2(out already and was brilliant), mass effect 3 , la noire(looks really really promising)
edit on 17-4-2011 by Noobastronomer because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join