It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2011 Game Releases

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

We may hear of a string of deaths related to testosterone overdoses on May 4th. I think I would be alright with being one of them

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
L.A. Noire and Metal Geard Solid: Rising are the two I'm looking forward too.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
If only they could do a hd remake of FF7.. You never know with all these sets sony is releasing like the gow collection and the sly cooper collection (witch was AWESOME!)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

It's not quite a full remake, but there's a number of improvements for FF7 PC at this site.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by warbird03

WOW! good find. i still have the original PS1 game I can't let it go!!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I can't wait for Homefront, RedOrchestra, Duke Nukem, Brink and Battlefield 3. My favorite game of all time was Battlefield 1942 Desert Combat Mod. (KAOS studios was formed from that and is developing Homefront) I've been playing Battlefield games since '42 and I LOVE 'EM!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CastleMadeOfSand

I'm kind of ashamed, I had to re-read that a few times before it hit me that you weren't saying you played video games for 70 years

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I hope that Elder Scrolls V is at least equal to Two Worlds II.
I spent the year 2005, at least 10hrs a day (averaged out) playing World of War Craft. (no lie)
...I mention that to give the Fallout and Oblivion players some real perspective on time dedication (waste?)
I have played every Fallout...starting with the Fallout predecessor "Wasteland" on the Apple IIe
I have played every Elder Scrolls....and if you have played them...I was at least as frustrated as you.
...The older I get...the harder it is to find a good RPG.
I hope Dragon Age II holds up...I hope ES V does too, since Morrowind, it has been the best RPG...Yep, Fallout 3 and New Vegas can hang up there too with them. The Gothic series was great too, but I am afraid to be disappointed by "Arcania" I heard it wasn't too good.
Even the last two Fables were decent.
....but Two Worlds II was by far the best surprise I have had in an RPG in years.....If you like RPG's and haven't played it...you must.
...I also enjoyed KOTOR...so if they are making another one like that...I am in for that.

I would also love to hear that the "Space Rangers" guys were going to make a 3rd. Best cheap download game I ever played was Space Rangers 2.

...If there are some seasoned RPG players out there...I would love to hear of a game I have missed that are "must plays"

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

WOW consumed my life for awhile too man right around the time burning crusade came out! as for fallout nothing will ever match the original new vegas came close for me, but nothing will ever match the original where you had to drink from toilets to find water or die.. and the first time i encountered the deathclaws.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
That really is a good point! RPG's in the past were harder. My biggest complaint is that one of these game makers hasn't been able to take the best of other games and use it. Take Might and Magic....you could risk all by going into a tough part of the map but you could get some sweet stuff....now....you only get crap that is "level appropriate"
fallout 3 and New Vegas wasn't so bad but they could have had better slots and mini games. Liars dice in Red Redemption is fun as hell for a time out from killing distraction.
The lock picking in Two Worlds II is good but the swag is level appropriate too, so no epic stuff.
Thats what made WOW so damn addictive and good...if you were a thief, like me, you would go into an "instance" by yourself and sneak around to get the good stuff, knowing that if you got busted, you were so dead.
RPG's need to be tougher... and some need to be made for people my age...the guys that had a magnavox before Atari even thought about "Pong"...we need more adult themes. We need some damn old guys making these games I guess I am saying.....
We need high risk....high reward...we need to be made to think...rather than...kill this..get that...
In "Arena" Elder Scrolls,....you had to figure out the riddle...actually type in the answer...to get into a room....no choosing from 5 choices and getting to choose all five!!!! I hate the dialog boxes where there are no consequences for choosing the "phuck you" choice over the more diplomatic well thought out choice. Some games were good with that. You choose a choice, and you live with it.
....what in the world was my point in all of this?????
I guess I just get jazzed talking about RPG's

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Sounds like you would like Bioware's games if you haven't tried them already. Especially what you said about conversations with characters reminded of pretty much all of their games. Rude to somebody or say something you shouldn't have? They could become an enemy of yours. They might just decide they don't want to hear what you've got to say anymore. You may miss out on some benefits or services they may have offered you otherwise. Say the wrong thing and you could be attacked on the spot.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I am going to have to give up my current addictions EvE and DC universe as soon as Star wars The old republic comes out cant be paying for too many mmo's these days ..On that note how the hell did we forget about mass effect 3?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Didn't know ME3 was coming out anytime soon....yep...another must play...I played the other two.
and yes...Bioware games I am very very familiar with.
...In my day...level 60 was max for your WOW character....It felt like I really lived an alternate life...I made friends...some I spent more time with in that one year than I have with family members over a real lifetime...
But after reaching 60....and the exp. pts. stopped coming...it lost a lot of its meaning.....I gave away my gold to poor newbys at the Dwarven trading floor....I went out and found a nice scenic spot high in the snow covered mountains by a tree...took one last look around....and ended my Dark Elf's life.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

What a epic way to go out!
.. Yeah i believe mass effect 3 is December. I'm sure it will be pushed back though.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Another one I almost forgot about is the new Deus Ex. Should be fun.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by warbird03

I thought i heard about a new bio shock this year too.. And Mortal kombat
edit on 9-2-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
First Marvel vs Capcom 3 is coming out soon.

Bulletstorm should be a fun game and its also coming out soon.

Dragon Age 2, is worth checking out

Dues Ex 3, is definitely on the list of games to get.

Elder Scrolls 5, if they release it this year

Metal Gear Rising, looking forward to this game.

And even though I try to stay away from mmo's becaouse they suck up to much time.
Guild wars 2 is still on the list.

And from the people who brought you Demon Souls for the ps3.
Dark Souls is coming out this year, for both systems.

And those are the ones that I can think of right now, though if I had a X Box 360 then gears of war 3 would be on that list.

edit on 10-2-2011 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
...The older I get...the harder it is to find a good RPG.

...If there are some seasoned RPG players out there...I would love to hear of a game I have missed that are "must plays"

Hehe! I agree with everything you said!

I've been playing games since Pong in the mid 70's and the best games I have played during these years were RPG's or similar games with RPG elements.

I find it so hard these days to find a good game which I really can enjoy!

Most games are dumbed down version from their original ideas to fit the masses, but there are a lot of people over 40 still out there on the market who would love a good game which require some more strategical thinking and not SOLEY the generic braindead shooters where you're running around shooting stuff in exactly the same way in every game.

They should make more games for us older gamers! we are a huge marke nowadays! screw the dumbed down masses - they would slowly adept!

Yeah, the Gothic & Fallout series were quite good!

I still have high hopes for Elder Scrolls V Skyrim because I loved the other two - hope we don't get too disappointed though!

And I loved the first DEUS EX back in the days, so I'm eagerly waiting the release of DEUS EX 3 this spring!

I came to this thread as you, looking for a tip and some new titles, but the outlook for this year seems to be as earlier years, so far! pretty grim really!

I'm still waiting for the 10/10 perfect game, the game of my life!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaPpedDoG
I'm really hoping Diablo 3 will be out this year!

Yep, that would be one of my ones i am looking forward too.

If it comes out this year or next will be a game i may play
edit on 2/10/2011 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join