It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former power lifter youtubes wrestling clips and get more than he bargained for.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Hello ATS!
My name is Jack. I have been lurking around here for a few years now, way too intimidated to actually join, but something was in the snowy air today and I decided to go for it. First off, a few things about me. I tend to be long-winded, however this doesn’t always mean I have a lot of interesting stuff to say. Probably the main reason I haven’t joined until now is that a lot of my favorite posts on here are written so far above my head that I have a hard time imagining what I could actually contribute. I am 28 years old and used to be a power lifter in college. I tore holes in both my shoulders around the end of 2007 and was laid up for awhile. During this period I had a lot of down time to mess around on the laptop. I went to youtube one evening and decided I wanted to watch some old wrestling clips(don’t make fun) from the late 90‘s. I typed “New World Order” (remember the NWO from WCW wrestling) into youtube and it came up with all this stuff I’d never heard of. I dove in and needless to say, didn’t get any sleep that night. I started watching and reading about the Illuminati bloodlines, the new world order, project bluebeam, fema camps, the Georgia Guidestones, aliens, 9/11truth, and so on and so forth. It all fascinated me, and still does. I have spent the last few years reading, and at times obsessing over these things, and have only come to one conclusion. That is, I don’t know what I believe. All I know is that the world has much more going on than I had originally been taught, and that the only logical thing to do is to keep an open mind about everything. That is why I love ATS. I never have any idea what I’m going to find here. I do have preferences though. I really enjoy anything involving space and time. Topics like stargates, E.T. contact, and most black budget projects keep my attention no matter how far fetched they may seem. It’s just fun to think that if just one percent of what I’m reading is true, then the world is a completely different place than most people think it is. One thing that frustrates me is when I go to ATS and find that 90 percent of the threads are arguments regarding the tea party, Obama’s place of birth, and things of that nature. I’m not trying to cut anyone down. These topics are important to some. Personally I just feel like I get enough of that from cable news. I come to ATS to read about things no one else is talking about. Do you know what I mean? I don’t go to mainstream media for information regarding alien life, therefore I also don’t go to ATS for information regarding Sarah Palin. In fact I try to avoid all information regarding Sarah Palin, it’s rough on the old brain. Too much about her and I start forgetting how to do math. Bottom line about me is this. I am someone who loves learning. I am still in school and would be hard pressed to come up with any posts that can rival a lot of what I see on here, but I will try. I enjoy the challenge, plus I love writing and being in an environment with great writers can only help me to improve. I look forward to finally being a part of this community and getting the chance to chat back and forth with all of you. Thanks for having me.
Jack Bateman

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackBateman
I don’t know what I believe. All I know is that the world has much more going on than I had originally been taught, and that the only logical thing to do is to keep an open mind about everything. Jack Bateman

Nail on head Jack.
Welcome to the rest of the story.
edit on 9-2-2011 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JackBateman

Never fear! The water is only cold at first...get a good swim and everything starts to normalize...

[/eerie music]

but anyways seriously, welcome..im fairly new around the boards myself...also being a lurker/troll for a while i can honestly say this is the place for open-minded discussion on pretty much every shade of life...so stick around a while.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Welcome. Your comments are as welcome as anyone elses, shux some of the things I have posted have certainly been low brow enough for you to feel tremendously comfortable joining the fray. Good to have ya.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Welcome to being a fully fledged member. I too have followed this site for a number of years before finally taking the plunge.

I also walked into the world of conspiracies by accident. I was a manager in a new job and finally had unrestricted access to the internet. I was having a discussion with a colleague about the Da Vinci Code book and decided to look up the Bible codes as a consequence of our conversation. At first this was all I started to look at, but as is the norm with any search engine it offers you the opportunity to look into other websites which references to Bible codes.

Then the BIG one hit me when I started to read about the NWO. I became so engrossed with what I was discovering that I forgot about my job and what I was employed to do. Initially I felt depressed that everything I thought I knew about the World and life was potentially a a big fat lie. So much so that I knew that if I wanted to continue in employment I would have to stop educating myself and leave all of this behind.

However, I soon left that job to take up a job that I currently still work in and decided to continue researching at home. Since then I have read things that I take with a pinch of salt but also others that have given me pause for thought as well as others that have changed my entire outlook on life and the way I now live my life.

I am now glad and happy that I have awoken and look forward to dedicating my energies in seeking the truth for my childrens sake and maybe my future Grandchildrens sake.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Welcome, and from another prone to longwinded-ness... Break up your posts with paragraph spaces. It makes it easier to read.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Welcome aboard. I thought you were going to teach us how to do the Dim Mak death touch.

Unfortunately you will have to wade through the political cesspool to reach the good stuff. Look at it like an adventure game.

la2

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Welcome, you will find lots of interesting stuff on here, and other peoples idea's and points of view will have you googling constantly, as i did lol.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
It is good to see that you know all is not as it appears and it is a very difficult task going through so many competing ideas, opinions and facts. As for where to draw the line through it all, this is how I see it www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Hello JackBateman, and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Hefficide,
ATS member and Moderator.

top topics

join