It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anything on the internet really matter? Really does it effect your life?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Well breaking news effects everybody or atleast can, especially if they are telling you your countries going to war that's just an example

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jlafleur02

I know the internet is being used as a tool to further many agendas, it is a propaganda tool,

I believe it is a dangerous place in the wrong hands.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by simples
Well breaking news effects everybody or atleast can, especially if they are telling you your countries going to war that's just an example

You can't post breaking news, you get scolded for that too, or ignored.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

I have spent many years obsessively researching on line only to find to many twists and turns to every story, I new a long time ago you couldn't trust the internet,

You shouldn't trust anything except yourself.

This is one of the basic rules of life.

That is why you are suppose to take things with a grain of salt.

I will prove you wrong though.

Humans breathe air. - Is the Internet lying? Seriously?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

The internet and bforums do not take the place of actual action. You might think you are doing something, but you are not. A real conspiracy are these boards, where people feel like they are doing something but are not. What change has come from this site. 100,000 members plus strong. What change have we done. I will take it to the streets instead of wasting my time!

that's what your internet does. but really, the internet is simply a construct. some people regard it as a venue for interaction with others, others think of it as a quick & seemingly limitless source of information and there are some who think of the internet as a tool to be used in order to influence how people think and act. in the same way that clothes protect your privacy & helps you express yourself for better or for worse, yet some people would insist that wearing clothes prevents you from being more in touch with nature. so, it is really up to you if you'd let the internet influence your life, if you don't let it then it would make sense to use the money that you're paying for your internet subscription to a better & more practical purpose. but for the people of tunisia, and countless others it's already too late. the internet has reached out and changed their lives.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jlafleur02
Does anything you read, see on the internet really matter. Everything from niribu to the patriot act, does it affect you.

Most of it is nonsense these days but it used to be much more worthwhile to read. If you dig enough and piece together information it makes a bigger picture but like life, sometimes its a complete waste of time.

I have seen so many post and after reading them nothing gets resolved, no answers.

Debates do not always get answers, but the ones that do are what makes it important.

How does wikileaks affect you. what can you do about it?

Wikileaks is making an impact on the world whether I like it or not. I could learn how to hack, gather my friends, teach them and then shut it down or I could start my own leaks. Neither interests me as its not what I want to do but I find it interesting none the less.

MKultra, NWO, flouride in your water?

Ever heard of flouride in tea? Ive been mentioning that one for years as its far worse and its still water that everyone bangs on about.

It is a waste of time. It effects your everyday life dwelling on this. really how does it affect you I want to know.

Good point, information is not wisdom. You can learn as much as you want to the point that you are not living life and that is why I believe that conspiracies are still tolerated right now. Anyone who is not experiencing other varieties of life just because they read a thread about the end of the world is doing nothing but depriving themselves of wisdom.

I think you could have worded this thread much better in a way that is not offensive to other members but I get your point about wasting time.

Just my opinions as you asked the questions.

Cheers

edit on 9-2-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Rant?? All I read were questions. Do you read?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Humans breathe air. - Is the Internet lying? Seriously?

I don't know there is no link.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
case in point:

before

after

top topics

<< 1   >>

join