It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anything on the internet really matter? Really does it effect your life?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Does anything you read, see on the internet really matter. Everything from niribu to the patriot act, does it affect you.

How does the patriot act affect you? If it does what can you dop about it.

How does niribu affect you and what can you do about it.

I have seen so many post and after reading them nothing gets resolved, no answers.

How does wikileaks affect you. what can you do about it?

MKultra, NWO, flouride in your water?

It is a waste of time. It effects your everyday life dwelling on this. really how does it affect you I want to know.

This isn't sarcasm I really want to know. Not just about the topics I list but all the topics on this site.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Does reading a book do anything for you?

Do books really even matter?

It's just pieces of paper it's not like they say anything important right?

None of it affects us. Let's just quit bothering to read books.

Seriously dude. Do you even listen to yourself when you rant?

Just keep your blindfold on, keep pretending.
Learning about controversies and partaking in research or debate is bad m'kay!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jlafleur02

That's an excellent post. You're right, I think the internet is a huge waste of time. BUT I enjoy it. Sure, there's nothing we can do about almost everything mentioned, but it's something to pass the time. It's something to think about. And, in a basic sense, it keeps us thinking. Sure there are a ton of stupid things out there, like blaming HAARP for everything, Nibiru/Niburu/PlanetX or whatever it's called; but there are some interesting things too, things that keep popping up from time to time that add a bit of flavour to the real world we live in, like the fluoride in the water, the aspartame in the soda (and everything else). Without the internet, where would mentally deranged people invest all of their energy? Would we see a BernardShnitzel on the news shooting someone or blowing up something? It's possible. Does what happens on the internet affect me? Sure, sometimes. Especially if it's news, even more so if it's local news. Does Nibiru matter? No, and neither does half of the topics on the internet. I don't worry about my "vibe" or "frequency" and I don't worry about the impending doom we face on a day to day basis.
edit on 9-2-2011 by Mapkar because: fixed a word.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jlafleur02

If its all a waste of time then why are you on this website? If it is a waste of time why do you pay your ISP every month?

Some people are bizarre

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jlafleur02
How does the patriot act affect you? If it does what can you dop about it.

It effects me.

Nothing you can do about it, but talk about it.

Plus i can tell you 100%, these people monitoring people are useless beyond words, and man how these people never get anything right is beyond a joke. How society is run by these people is so funny, as never being right is what the people behind these things are paid for.

Amazing.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Ummm prolly not,
I have learned a lot, but sometimes I wonder what's the point, so I post less and less, there is a lot of bickering, confusion and disinformation, people are gullible and believe what they want to believe even when faced with an insurmountable amount of information to the contrary.

I use to get kick out of sharing information I found, but now it is just a battle.

I don't care any more.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by KingDoey

Not really bizarre. Sorry if i offended you. I know I wouldn't want to break your chain of thought on these important matters. My questions are they really important.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
On the Internet I see people debating topics that they would be afraid to mention in public for fear of ridicule from the simple minded imbeciles who cannot handle big ideas or big words.

These debates cause me to question my own existence and the reality outside of my front door.

So I research for more answers. I look everywhere, from mainstream news or science journals, to "alternative media" sources. By compiling this information and attempting to make ends of fact or fiction, I am improving my capabilities as a critical thinker. I am becoming "better" at thinking.

This affects almost everyone.

People learn things they did not know beforehand through reading.

Being presented with a massive volume of information, some true, some false, some hypothetical, and trying to make sense of it all is a challenge. But it is one that we must face if we ever hope to expand upon our own knowledge and understanding of the world around us.

You have to make up your own mind.

See, I bet even the Internet did That for you.
It helped you make up your mind.

You are throwing the baby out with the dirty bathwater here.
Just get rid of the bathwater and keep the baby.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
If they shut off the internet tonight, I'd just keep on keepin' on.
So no, when you come right down to it, the internet's not important at all.

It can be fun and educational, though, as long as one doesn't use it to fill one's head with idiocy.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

The massive amount of information is creating mass confusion,
information overload,

I thought this several years ago.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I will reply to this post to answer questions that are directed to me but i am all done with the internet. my quality of life was much better before I started worrying about all this crap. I am getting e-mail and doing things that require me to use the internet but all this social media,(facebook, ATS, etc,etc) has taken time from my usual life which is much more fufilling than this. I know you will say different but really go outside meet people face to face and actually interact.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Not really bizarre. Sorry if i offended you. I know I wouldn't want to break your chain of thought on these important matters. My questions are they really important.

If your questions are not important, than the entire Universe is point-less.

If any one thing is to be worthy of meaningfulness, than all things by default would be worthy.

What's the point of life anyway? Exactly...

You are very cynical and do not give yourself any credit.

No matter who you are all of your questions are important and make a difference to someone. Learning new things and combating ignorance makes a difference, it changes people's outlook on life and gives them new opportunities.

Everything we say and do holds significant importance, it affects the standard of living conditions that we are forced to deal with every day.

A world of controversy and debate is surely preferable to a world of blind acceptance and unquestioning devotion.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I will reply to this post to answer questions that are directed to me but i am all done with the internet. my quality of life was much better before I started worrying about all this crap. I am getting e-mail and doing things that require me to use the internet but all this social media,(facebook, ATS, etc,etc) has taken time from my usual life which is much more fufilling than this. I know you will say different but really go outside meet people face to face and actually interact.

and you are correct,

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
On the Internet I see people debating topics that they would be afraid to mention in public for fear of ridicule from the simple minded imbeciles who cannot handle big ideas or big words.

These debates cause me to question my own existence and the reality outside of my front door.

So I research for more answers. I look everywhere, from mainstream news or science journals, to "alternative media" sources. By compiling this information and attempting to make ends of fact or fiction, I am improving my capabilities as a critical thinker. I am becoming "better" at thinking.

This affects almost everyone.

People learn things they did not know beforehand through reading.

Being presented with a massive volume of information, some true, some false, some hypothetical, and trying to make sense of it all is a challenge. But it is one that we must face if we ever hope to expand upon our own knowledge and understanding of the world around us.

You have to make up your own mind.

See, I bet even the Internet did That for you.
It helped you make up your mind.

You are throwing the baby out with the dirty bathwater here.
Just get rid of the bathwater and keep the baby.

The internet and bforums do not take the place of actual action. You might think you are doing something, but you are not. A real conspiracy are these boards, where people feel like they are doing something but are not. What change has come from this site. 100,000 members plus strong. What change have we done. I will take it to the streets instead of wasting my time!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

information overload,

I do not sense a information overload.

Do you realize the physics involved with driving a car? In big city rush hour traffic? It's insane!!

But yet most of us do it without even thinking about it much. Successfully.

If you learn the "highway" and how to deal with "rush hour traffic", the Internet will not overload you. No, you will be on one hell of a joy ride!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

A world of controversy and debate is surely preferable to a world of blind acceptance and unquestioning devotion.

And how do we transfer our internet knowledge into live social situations, I haven't found a soul that wants to discuss what I find or post online, my husband is to busy working himself to death.

Who are we reaching?
How are we changing the world for the better?
Are we sure our information is one hundred percent true, I for one worry about posting untruths that could be used for propaganda.

Honestly there is so much BS posted on line that people believe, it really worries me.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

If your questions are not important, than the entire Universe is point-less.

If any one thing is to be worthy of meaningfulness, than all things by default would be worthy.

What's the point of life anyway? Exactly...

You are very cynical and do not give yourself any credit.

No matter who you are all of your questions are important and make a difference to someone. Learning new things and combating ignorance makes a difference, it changes people's outlook on life and gives them new opportunities.

Everything we say and do holds significant importance, it affects the standard of living conditions that we are forced to deal with every day.

I understand this. Everything you do is local. That is why I say go out and voice your opinion. A person in texas doesn't have the same needs as me. It is a waste of time. A lazy mans alternative. I am sure it has got people talking and thinking but it won't translate to nothing unless it is acted upon. What are we going to do have an internet march or an internet rally?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

And how do we transfer our internet knowledge into live social situations, I haven't found a soul that wants to discuss what I find or post online, my husband is to busy working himself to death.

Who are we reaching?
How are we changing the world for the better?
Are we sure our information is one hundred percent true, I for one worry about posting untruths that could be used for propaganda.

Honestly there is so much BS posted on line that people believe, it really worries me.

Do you think people would do this in person? Act like this. I always found it better to talk face to face.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

information overload,

I do not sense a information overload.

Do you realize the physics involved with driving a car? In big city rush hour traffic? It's insane!!

But yet most of us do it without even thinking about it much. Successfully.

If you learn the "highway" and how to deal with "rush hour traffic", the Internet will not overload you. No, you will be on one hell of a joy ride!

I have spent many years obsessively researching on line only to find to many twists and turns to every story, I new a long time ago you couldn't trust the internet,

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

What change have we done. I will take it to the streets instead of wasting my time!

I don't know what change anyone else has done, but I do have a small glimpse of the change I have created.

Generally I notice that change more directly with real life people I know personally face to face, and then years later have them tell me "oh you were right about bla and bla even though I didn't believe it at first". That means me spreading what I knew was fact made a difference.

By using the Internet I can talk to all kinds of people I will never meet face to face.

It's like writing graffiti on the wall, it sends a message to other people. Even though I never met them. And honestly I hope they don't find out who wrote that graffiti hah.

Without the Internet I would have a very small and silent voice that very few would ever hear.

With the Internet I now have a megaphone and can reach people all the way across the world.

If I can change their thinking and get them to question their beliefs, than my job is done. I am a success.

I want other people to challenge my thinking, I want them to question my beliefs.

I cannot find this in real life. Most people at work or around town are far too dumb to even hold a decent conversation. Most people are far too ignorant or brainwashed to talk about topics I am interested in.

You must live in super-town if you think that people walking around town are so smart that you can just bring up all kinds of odd topics and discuss if you think it's fake or real or whatever.

Also it's really hard to carry 5000 encyclopedias everywhere you go. The Internet makes doing research really easy and allows us to share that information a lightening speed.

That's why the government invented the Internet anyway, to share massive research at high speeds between various facilities.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join