It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Security Firms Pitching Bank of America on WikiLeaks Response Proposed Targeting Glenn Greenwald

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Security Firms Pitching Bank of America on WikiLeaks Response Proposed Targeting Glenn Greenwald

emptywheel.firedoglake.c om

As TechHerald reports, among those documents was a presentation, “The Wikileaks Threat,” put together by three data intelligence firms for Bank of America in December. As part of it, they put together what they claimed was a list of important contributors to WikiLeaks. They suggested that Glenn Greenwald’s support was key to WikiLeaks’ ongoing survival.

The proposal starts with an overview of WikiLeaks, including some history and employee statistics.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Heh-heh, just goes to show you the whole WL scenario tends to go FAR beyond mere gov and military corruption.

Now the "security" industry, which largely operates in the 'grey' area of surveillance of the citizens, is seemingly popping up more and more in these recent times.

Whether or not B of A actually accepted these folks proposal or not remains to be seen, but I find it pathetic the lengths that some of these folks go to, to try and suppress the flow of information and free speech.

And constitutional lawyer and investigative journalist is CERTAINLY a threat to oppression and control by those with vested interests, who are trying to shut WL down. He has been SCHOOLING gov and media shills on the lamestream media programs and over at salon.

But, as I know myself, this does not come without it's price. Making waves and disrupting the status quo often times makes you the target of those wishing to silence you.

Keep up the good fight Glenn.

emptywheel.firedoglake.c om
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

The sad thing is BoA has been my bank for a long long time, and now I am going to have to stop doing business with them. Their evil has become too obvious to continue to ignore.

I just need to find a bank that isnt equally evil.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Great post, thanks. Interesting to see that Anonymous (or whatever group is behind these so called hacktivists) are able to react quickly and actually get what they need.

Also it sheds light on the dark side of the corporate world. I wonder what really can be found in such reports on different subjects. Wars, political conflicts etc.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I hope this sets off a hailstorm of attacks on certain corrupt/greedy entities. If they will not give us the truth, I suppose we will just have to take it.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Quite interesting... Just goes to show that the "Security industry" is not much differant from any other service / consultant based industry. Just a differant product/service model.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

The sad thing is BoA has been my bank for a long long time, and now I am going to have to stop doing business with them. Their evil has become too obvious to continue to ignore.

As much as we know about big banks today, why not switch to a credit union?

Sorry, yes, off topic, but short.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I find considering the 'security industry' as a distinct entity is somewhat of a surrender.

I suspect these are no less than extensions of the same cartels who committed the crimes in the first place.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

You mean after BofA sent 90% of American Bailout money to china instead of helping the multitude of homeless being created by their own bubble, you didnt see that as evil enough?? I surely did. After 19 years, I closed all 3 of my accounts the day i got that info and never looked back.

Silver

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by S1LV3R4D0

Somehow I missed that nugget of info. There are times I have to take a break from ATS and the news. Mental health vacations if you will.

new topics

top topics

join