It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most disturbing video game I have ever played

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANClENT
manhunt is awesome. i love the kill scenes. takes gaming to the extreme

I'll have to agree. Manhunt put my brain in a special place I didn't like to stay in for very long at a time. Incredible game.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

The uncensored version of Manhunt 2 actually had parts that made me nauseous.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I find Dead Space games so slow clunky and just plain awkward to maneuver.

I much preffer AVP for deaths, especially when it's happening to you, you get your head ripped off and can see your body hit the floor from the eye's in your head, still being held by predator.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Age of Conan has its moments of violent game play

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by razzcer
Age of Conan has its moments of violent game play

www.youtube.com...

Damn, I miss that game.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

dont like the pvp anymore, but everything else is great,and im looking forward to their new game "the secret world"
it will be like navigating thru sites of ATS lol...alot of mystic and conspricy

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
Meh the game isn't that good. The difference between this and manhunt and manhunt 2 was you were killing humans, in dead space you are killing mutant zombie dealies. Really though, there are plenty of gory games out there, this is just a fairly new one.

LMAO did you really just compare manhunt to dead space?. the game isn't good?. maybe not to you but to everyone else dead space was a heart pounding thrill ride. Just read or watch the reviews on youtube. Dead space scares you like no other game could. no disrespect but did you even play dead space?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I don't really do a lot of violence in games...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SamTGonzalez

The one thing the game does, that a few others also do well, is to establish a creepy mood, with lighting, music, and sound...that really kind of makes you a bit edgy, if you allow yourself to be engaged by the game. The Doom reboot did this well too...creepy game.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
dead space 2 omg as soon as i started first level when that body jumps on your back while u have the straitjacket on the controller got chucked 1 way i jumped the other lol manhunt did rule but 1 game that messed with my head was the suffering the only game to ever make me sleep with the lights on

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
My step-kids like to play The Sims. They had decided that they didn't like the goth family very much so they rounded them up in a room, took away the doors and the watched them die as they slowly starved to death!

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

actually many underage teens over thousands purchase rated m games at flea markets where vendors sell any game to anyone regardless of age.

Fleamarkets sell older games, not new ones.

What does "over thousands" mean? Probably not their age. Are you referring to their amount? You already said "many", you don't need to refer to the amount twice in the same sentiment.

Secondly, I'd like to correct what you said; "Actually, many underage teens download all kinds of games from the internet, regardless of their rating, and install and play them without their parents (or any 'authorities') even knowing (or caring) about it".

Teenagers in flea markets? Really? And "over thousands" (whatever it means - does it mean: "over thousand", or simply "thousands"? Or perhaps it's a weird way to say "millions"? Still, technically, 2001 would be 'over thousands') is a pretty small estimate - try millions or hundreds of millions. This is the age of 7 billion people on the planet, and the age of the broadband internet..

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

The most disturbing game I've ever played, that be Barbie Horse Adventures on PS1. Playing Doom 64 in my early teens was a bit eerie. Playing Resident Evil 4 and having my head cut off was pretty disturbing too.
edit on 2-8-2012 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I must say that the mjost disturbing/scary/terrifying game is Slender. You can download it freely from the net and it... Is scary. To say the least. Other disturbing games: SH-series, Project Zero/ Fatal Frame- series.

My favourite puzzle game for ipad

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
It loses 90% of its effect without the sound.
Remember scaring is scarring.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Deadspace 1 and 2 are the best horror games out,resident evil is a childs game compaired to this game. i love this game

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I had no idea they banned Manhunt in the USA, I swore I've seen it for sale.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ckrules

I disagree, dead space has NOTHING on amnesia.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join