It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

personal experience, very strange story, your help is requested!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I wonder if your ex has witnessed anything like this, still now.

do u still have cats do they/u notice anything peculiar in any other dwellings?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Alright boss I dont know much about the portal thing. I have however heard of residual haunting, which is kind of like a scene from something playing out over and over. But that dosent explain why u have only seen it once

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Malfeitor

I agree with you that it would be odd for a relatively new house to have a spirit in it. I would definitely lean toward a dimensional being here.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

My old cat has passed away. She never responded to anything in my new home. My new cat doesn't either. He is very alert and not quite a year old. If the thing is bothering my ex then it can have at it LOL

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

Actually I saw it several times , but this experience is the most vivid one.None of the other times lasted as long they were more like the corner of the eye type experiences.

As for residual hauntings, I thought about that but it was never the same twice in a row. There were even times when the cats saw something and I saw nothing.. They would often spend time at the place in the wall watching something that I couldn't see. Actually it was kind of funny to see them jumping up the wall and swiping at nothing. Only got scary when something came out of the wall.

Odd thing was that it always went fron the wall to the door and I never saw it go the other way.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
As a paranormal researcher and investigator as well as someone who has regularly worked on possession cases with the Catholic Church I've seen more than most. I'm also Agnostic so I'm not influenced by religious mythology. Making the assumption that you are telling the truth, which we kind of have to assume since rhere is no evidence, only a story, we can hopefully help you understand what you saw.

What you claim reminds me of a personal experience that followed us through three homes. We didn't move because of it but it came anyway. Let me briefly explain. I was in my mid 20s and already fairly well accomplishex in the paranormal field. I had seen legit cases of posession and numerous hauntings. Every night when i got inyo bed I was assaulted physically by some entity. It punched me in the head multiple times each evening. My wife, son and myself along with many others had seen glimpses of the entity as well as witnessed very real acts committed by the entity. We never got a good look at it and it proved to be very elusive. Then one day it stopped hitting me during the night. It found a new target. Keep in mind this thing attacked me every day for years without fail.

My son yelled for me about 11:30 one night. He said there were three things standing beside his bed grabbing at him. I Will leave his story out as it isn't relevant. He described whar he saw and drew it. These three beings stood a bit taller than a normal human. They were shrouded in a tattered black hooded robe. It was almost a part of them. You couldnt see faces or feet. The only visible part other than the cloak was their hands. He said they looked old. The skin on the hands was drawn tight and was very pale. Something caused them to leave snd they melted through the door. After the event that caused them to leave they ceased to bother him.

The next night one of them returned to me. I was awake and my wife was asleep. I notice the wall beside my antique dresser began to ripple like the spot where you throw a rock in a pond. This black robed thing(if you need a visual reference picture the black robed ring wraiths from lord of the rings) melted out of the wall. The rippling wall wasnt giving the appearance of the consistency of water it was more like motor oil, thick but still fluid. It was still the wall though. So this thing melts out of the wall. I sat up just to make sure I wasn't having one of those issues where the brain is awake and the body isn't. It melted out if the wall and began smoothly gliding towards me covering the twenty feet from the wall to the bed in about ten seconds. My wife suddenly sat straight up and we could both see our breath. As it came closer she began having an anxiety attack while I sat intently observed the creature. It put its hand up in a fast blurry motion striking me in the forehead(where it always hit me every night) and it knocked me into the lying position on the bed. I began to feel fear. I've never been overpowered by a spirit before. This part is irrelevant but I will include it anyway. That fear caused a reflexive psychic reaction that knocked the entity back three fourths of the way to the wall. As it approached again the reflex repeated. The entity glided backwards and slowly melted back into the wall.

The way you dwscribed your entity coming out of the wall reminded me of that. Your friend says there is a portal in your home. There is a veil that separates our world from the spiritual world. They exist simultaneously in the same space. There is a veil that separates the two. There are places where the veil is thin where a strong entity can punch through. But as far as a portal that isnt what i would call it nor have i experienced it. But we cant really locate it with equipment since we cant quantify it. Im sure there are some fixed entry and exit points where very weak intelligent entities can come through but for the most part nobody encounters really weak intelligent entities. They cant maintain their cohesion if they are that weak. So odds are with an intelligent haunting it has thestrength to punch through a weak point in the veil. And if it can do that it has the strength to affect the physical world.

Has it interacted with you or your home physically? It sounds eerily similar to what plagued me for years.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

I would not be sure that it interacted with me, unless it was what was moving things to other places than where they were put originally. As I said in my first post, things would not be where they were placed and other things would disappear all together, only to reappear at a later time. It seemed to be aware of me during the time I relate in this thread, However no touching or interaction I would consider to be real awareness it could touch me.

We did hear footsteps in the attic which you couldn't even stand up in. It was also filled with our stuff so you could move only with great difficulty. We heard a phone ringing in the attic one time and there was no phone there. Also random knocks and bangs. I often wrote these occurances off to the cats getting into things, but the truth is they were usually sleeping when these occurances happened.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The disappearing object thing happens to me a lot, mostly small things.

I've noticed something really quite odd about it - if it happens and I show frustration, and often I do to the point where I search the house in a verbal frenzy, I don't find the object that's gone missing. The angrier I get about it the longer it seems to take me to find whatever's gone missing.

I posted about this before in a thread about missing plectrums/guitar picks, some took it seriously and others just found it rather mundane...it is mundane but it still happens a lot - mostly plectrums, but seems to happen with objects I really want or need at that moment in time. For example, I could be sitting here writing something on a piece of paper, set it down on a table and remember doing so vividly, go to the bathroom and return within a minute or two and the pen for instance will be gone...I'll search a bit, find nothing...it gets to the point I'm literally tearing my room apart shouting things like "there's nowhere it could have possibly gone!" etc. Like most people I've a plentiful stash of pens or whatever but the point is you know it was there and there's nowhere it could have gone.

More bizarre is when I drop something and it completely vanishes, I sat on my bed with a guitar and dropped my pick one night and it vanished...I looked everywhere, practically got undressed, looked in my shoes and even crawled about the practically bare floor and found nothing, things have also disappeared from inside my pocket.

Sometimes it will happen and I'll perhaps be in a better mood or lighthearted frame of mind...and simply laugh it off, and it's these times I find the missing object almost instantly.

Other than that I've never seen any entities, nothing has ever really happened. I once heard a really deep, guttural sigh, almost a yawn, it was slow, low and kind of gritty...but sounded kinda sad like someone a bit fed up, I was just drifting to sleep at the time and the instant I heard it I woke and froze, it seemed to continue for a brief moment after I awoke and became aware, but I always sort of just assumed or hoped it were a dream, or that perhaps I did hear something like maybe a member of my family yawning or something and it came through kinda distorted because I was half asleep.

Another thing I get a lot is the feeling that my bed is shaking or vibrating as I'm drifting to sleep, I discount these things though since it's probably nothing more than the start of a dream or something of that nature, I have some odd dreams and have posted about some of them and so am dubious to anything I see or hear when I'm sleeping, whether it wakes me up or not - the things disappearing is very real indeed and I find it difficult to hide my frustration at times when it happens.

It's the only thing I can relate to with regards to your story, I dunno how I'd react if I saw what you did, a part of me thinks I'd be terrified, another part of me thinks I'd perhaps be more intrigued as it didn't appear to show any malicious intent or anything like that.

Cool story, though, elaborate and lot's of detail - sounds sincere and you seem like a well-grounded and logical chap. Enjoyed reading it, cheers.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I've had new experiences within this house. If you read my former posts, you know that I've recently (as in February) moved back into the house of my youth; things have gone missing, have broken without cause, and even vanished from within my own grasp in the last three weeks. Its taken time, but whatever was in the house when I was young is awake again, and seems eager to screw with things.
I'm a cigarette smoker, and I've had a pack vanish without a trace in a span of two minutes, unopened, and from within an unopened carton. Factory mistake? I think not; each serious smoker takes this sort of possibility seriously, and checks the entire carton for "structural integrity", if you know what I mean; a weak spot in a carton is a missing pack, and I most certainly would have caught it before purchase.

Two light bulbs from separate packs have literally exploded within my grip, one of which cut my finger rather deeply. I suppose the last thing worth mentioning is that since I've been here, all four members of the household, two of which have never had sleep issues before, have become insomniacs; nobody sleeps until an hour before dawn, though all but me and by fiance sleep in separate rooms.
Looks like some property is just cursed. I've had twenty hours of sleep since last Sunday night, which was, I think, the 27th of May.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

My new friend, are you still there? I'm in a bit of a crisis, one which I think you could help with. Should you respond I will provide more details in private.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Malfeitor

I'm here almost everyday.Send me a u2u.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
THAT...

just made my heart skip a beat ~!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
As an update to an earlier post in this thread..... My new cat in my new home has begun to stare at a couple of areas in this house. He is reacting as if he can see something. This started a couple of months ago. Since this behavior started he has become ill and he will be going to the vet in a couple of hours. Hope the little guy is gonna be ok. He's a great cat.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: lonegurkha
Cats are very perceptive to both the physical and spiritual realms. Cats are extremely intelligent animals and share a connection with other cats which can best be described as 'psychic energy'. Cats do possess a form of sixth sense that has been documented as far back as the ole` Egyptian times. They had cats to ward off evil spirits and protect their kings and help transition them into the afterlife.

So, it appears from the reactions of your cats that, Yes you definately have some sort of entity in your home. Whether it be manevolant or even a human spirit that is passing through. Although black in appearance, human spirits can appear in a black form, this is when they are more advanced that you can see them in this state. That is not to say that is what it is.

Play it safe, if it continues contact a Physical Medium and let them tell you steps to take to restore peace to your abode. Best of luck to you, Peace, Love and Light

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Starangel

Fortunately for me I no longer live there. My schizophrenic ex got the house. As to my last post here, My cat had to be put down. He had asthma and he had also acquired diabetes. The vet's recommendation was to put him down as the drugs to treat both conditions would work against each other. As he was suffering greatly and there was nothing we could do for him we chose to end his suffering. I have a new cat now. He's a pistol and a lot of fun to have around. He has reacted to something in my home on several occasions just as my last cat did.

Makes me wonder if something has followed me to my new home. I also lost my fiancé back in October and I wonder if she is looking in on me. She did pass in this house.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: lonegurkha

my deepest sympathies on the passing of your fiancé and cat.
my personal experiences in these matters go back to childhood and continue to this day, albeit in a not so
violent manner now.
around 2007 I was involved in the restoration of an old cottage built 1762. another group a builders were on the job and we all got on pretty well. one thing I did notice was they were never working alone in certain areas of this large cottage (3 levels) whereas I stripped out all the timber, index stamped and transported for tank stripping.

upon initial arrival at the job, prior to tendering I became aware of a certain funk/atmosphere that rattled my radar hairs. the sensation was one of being watched. I contemplated this whilst quantifying the proposed works and through past experience knew that the remaining time involved would make or break the job. clients accepted the tender and hi-ho on with the job.

I worked alone and elected to bivi there for a week to save travel time. small radio, trangia set and basic foodstuffs.
the atmosphere was unusual all the time. I contemplated this in the darkness during the nights and figured there was intelligences present that were scrutinising me. no violence involved at all, just scrutiny. I concluded that the best course of action was to maintain standards in keeping with my craft and carry on.

during the working day I would interact with the other builders a handful of times at most. they always appeared in pairs or all three of them together. an occasional dinner break brought us all together conversing on various subjects but altogether very soft benign conversations.

one afternoon about three days in, a certain builder approached me for some drill bits and I obliged. during the passing over of said bits he asked me if I was spooked working alone and staying overnight. I replied no to which he responded by saying all three agreed there was something in there that gave them the creeps and their boss refuses to discuss it. his only rule was that they never worked alone due to something that had occurred to him.
the builder who had approached me for the bits seemed quite receptive and a matter of fact type of chap, although he continuously scanned the area around us as we conversed. when he brought up the possibility of a presence in the cottage, I immediately described the setup, more than three present, watching everything at all times and quite concerned with change. he asked if I thought that they could be nasty and my reply lol was, 'if you do your job right and consider the house as your own home, that will suffice to appease them.' lol naughty fakedirt!
a few months later I went on a completion visit and was happy to see that they had stuck to the highest standards possible. the atmosphere was calm compared to an impending storm at the outset.

I offer this small slice of my experience to you as I feel you are sincere in your post.
best wishes for the future f.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: fakedirt

Thank you for the story and your sympathy. Interesting story.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join