It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did you watch the Super Bowl?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Was it to watch the greatest show on turf

or
Was it to see what new funny, and interesting commercials they would show this year

For me its the only football game this year that doesn't get fast-forwarded during the commercials. Usually i give a game a good thirty minute wait before starting so i can fast forward, and ignore the commericals. But the Super Bowl is known for having some of the best commericals all year. Stuff that is just way too awesome to pass up. My mother, sister, and gf, really don't care for football at all. But they love the Super Bowl because they can't pass up on the commericals. God help anyone who tries to fast-forward through any of them.

Personally i would watch the big game no matter what. I love football, and would watch it even if the big budget commercials weren't there. Don't get me wrong i really love some of those commercials, but its not what draws me.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Royal76

The same reason I watch anything- to be entertained.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by CayceFan
reply to post by Royal76

The same reason I watch anything- to be entertained.

good enough answer.

me i never watched it, being in europe, means nothing here.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Royal76

This year I did not even think about the commercials to be honest I forgot all about the big budget commercials. Also after watching them they were not nearly as funny as previous years.

I had no stake in the game but I watched to see the Steelers lose to the Packers. I am not a fan of Big Ben and I wanted to see Rodgers win a ring along with Woodson because he is a Michigan man. Other than that it is football and I am always up to watch a good game.

Usually I get together with friends to watch the game but for some reason nobody was really feeling it and most people just stayed home to watch it.

BTW the halftime show was the biggest pile of Sh*t I have seen in a long time... Mainstream music is a steaming pile of crap and the Black Eyed Pees performance was no exception.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Personally for me i watched it as i was genually interested as to who would win.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The commercials have been going downhill for the last few years. Only a handful were worth watching, so I don't know why anyone would watch solely for the commercials. If you're not watching for the social aspect of gathering with friends for the game or because you enjoy football, I don't know why you're watching.

That said, I love sports. Football is one of my favorites, and the showdown between the good-guy Packers and bad-guy Steelers (led by head bad-guy Ben Roethlisberger) set up for a fun, exciting game to watch.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

What do you watch? Man U? I'm just curious, because a lot of people from other countries watch the game. If nothing else just to see all the other stuff. Just like in America when we watch the World Cup, not because we actually think the USA has a chance, but because its a big event.

new topics

top topics

join