It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iceland Strato-Volcano looks set to blow. Last year's "tiny" by comparison!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
It looks like Iceland's second largest volcano Bárdarbunga is set to blow. Geologists are calling the volcano that went last year that shut down air-traffic all through Europe "tiny" compared to this one!

More information here: RSOE Emergency and Disaster Service information

Being that this volcano is located under the icecap of a glacier, if it blows how much more powerful or devastating will that make it.

Also, with all of the pole-shift news and activity lately, am I the only one who sees an increase in volcanic activity? Coincidence?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
oh goody! something else to look forward to!
seriously...the ongoing debate is, is there more quake/volcano activity, or is it just better detected/reported (global media)? hard to say.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 9-2-2011 by works4dhs because: add link

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Doesn't look promising

Iceland's second largest volcano looks set to blow, bringing far more chaos than last years eruption, geologists warned yesterday. Professor Pall Einarsson, of the University of Iceland, said unprecedented tremors gave good reason to worry. He added: “There is no doubt that lava there is slowly growing.” Bardarbunga’s last major eruption, in 1477, shot vast clouds of ash into the air and produced the biggest lava flow of the past 10,000 years. In comparison, the volcano which brought air traffic to a standstill last year, is tiny

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by YourPopRock
It looks like Iceland's second largest volcano Bárdarbunga is set to blow. Geologists are calling the volcano that went last year that shut down air-traffic all through Europe "tiny" compared to this one!

More information here: RSOE Emergency and Disaster Service information

Being that this volcano is located under the icecap of a glacier, if it blows how much more powerful or devastating will that make it.

Also, with all of the pole-shift news and activity lately, am I the only one who sees an increase in volcanic activity? Coincidence?

Boy is it going to be a fun year.

And no you are not the only one that sees an uptick in volcanic activity - just like with EQ activity, volcanic activity is certainly ramping up despite what all the government shills and disinfo agents keep telling the masses.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I have been following the RSOE site for a while now and it seems the small grade earthquakes and the volcanic activity is off the charts lately.

What implications would a volcanic explosion under a glacier have vs a regular old volcanic explosion?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

No kidding, looks like Japan is about to go haywire too!

I am afraid of what will happen to Europe if Iceland goes though. That is the one that could get ugly.

Plus, I don't want Bjork to blow up!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
wonder what will happen first a global catastrophe or dollar crumbles??? lol i guess it doesnt matter cause we wont have one without the other

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I wonder if this is the sudden change that will alter Europe's landscape that Edgar Cayce was warning us about??

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by works4dhs

seriously...the ongoing debate is, is there more quake/volcano activity, or is it just better detected/reported (global media)? hard to say.

Some say there is a connection between the solar cycle and quake/volcano activity. It can be broken down into two different theories both connected to planetary forces effecting both the earth and the sun.

263 J. Ind. Geophys. U nion ( October 2005 ) Vol.9, No.4, pp.263-276 Planetary Configuration: Implications for Earthquake Prediction and Occurrence...

ABSTRACT

Though there have been several attempts at earthquake prediction from different perspectives, this attempt aims at establishing planetary configurations as a definitive means of earthquake prediction. When two or more planets, Sun and M oon are aligned more or less in line (0o or 180o) with the Earth, then the Earth would be caught in the middle of a huge gravity struggle between the Sun and the planets. T he gravitational stresses would change the speed of the Earth in its orbit and when the speed of rotation of the earth changes the tectonic plate motion also gets affected. T he total angular momentum of planets involved in earthquake triggering mechanism can be calculated and the total force acting at the epicenter in a direction opposite to that of the earth’s rotation can also be determined. At the epicenter, the speed of rotation of the earth can be calculated with the help of available software. So the planetary forces in the opposite direction to the rotation of earth act as a triggering mechanism for the accumulated stress at faults and plate boundaries to be released abruptly. T his does not, however, mean that earthquakes will occur at all edges of the plate boundaries. Two of the parameters contributing to the triggering of an earthquake at a place are a) distance of epicenter from the planet position and b) direction of force acting at the possible epicenter. From the analysis of “ significant earthquakes” over the past 100 years from all over the world and from Southern Peninsular India, the relationship between (i) latitude, longitude, and magnitude of the tremor and (ii) distance from the planet and direction of forces acting at any point can be inferred. Such inferences already made for different localities in other parts of world have unfolded an accuracy of more than 75% with regard to earthquake prediction.

Then there is the possible connection of Sunspots/Solar activity to planet position. www.landscheidt.info...

edit on 9-2-2011 by crimvelvet because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I think that the Iceland volcano isn't isolated. Look at all of the earthquake activity around Greece... Look at the volcanos and earthquake activity in Japan... this is all seeming to speed up and get to be more constant.

If there were really to be a crust slip type of pole shift, wouldn't all of this molten rock activity all over the planet fit in perfectly with that scenario? And wouldn't all of the earthquake activity also fit in perfectly with it? I am not saying that just because a volcano in Iceland goes off that the whole world will be turned upside down, but I am also thinking that these things do not operate in a vacuum... There has to be some interconnection between them.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
It could erupt. That doesn't mean it will erupt

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArieZ
I wonder if this is the sudden change that will alter Europe's landscape that Edgar Cayce was warning us about??

Is he the guy who said California would slide into the sea in the 1990s? And that Atlantis would rise from the Atlantic in the 1960s?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

This is true, but it comes down to the old adage... "Where there's smoke, there's fire"

(Or in this case, where there's lava, there's fire!)

With the already harsh winter that europe is experiencing, imagine the problems that a full bore volcanic eruption like this would cause!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by YourPopRock
reply to post by Essan

This is true, but it comes down to the old adage... "Where there's smoke, there's fire"

(Or in this case, where there's lava, there's fire!)

With the already harsh winter that europe is experiencing, imagine the problems that a full bore volcanic eruption like this would cause!

Actually, after December, some parts of Europe are experiencing rather a mild winter - we've not had any snow here since before Christmas, which is quite remarkable.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Anyone happen to have a link to a webcam? I can't seem to find one.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
we've not had any snow here since before Christmas, which is quite remarkable.

You just had to go and say it didn't you, you just wait and see now!

I hate snow!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Now there will be a huge volcano winter! Murphy's law!

I am looking for a webcam of the volcano. Should be interesting to watch as RSOE updates are pegging this eruption as a pretty much sure thing.

Could watch this one go ka-boom live!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Here is info on the last time this thing blew... it created the earth's largest lava flow in the LAST 10,000 YEARS!

Bardarbunga volcano

That could be insane.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
It'll probably erupt when I'm holidaying in the sun again......lucky last year, made it home with no delays, actually if the pole shift happens anyone got any idea where the best holidays are gonna be ? maybe there'll be some sales on !!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join