It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The $Dollar$ in crisis...

page: 2
3
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by elmotox
reply to post by unityemissions
 


is there a point to speculating further into difference of opinion of each other? your facts have been well received and appreciated. on the other hand your indirect references to ones intelligence and emotional maturity are lacking reason.... the point of this thread is not to discuss differences in understanding of each other.



There certainly is! I think you've made a lot of assumptions about me assuming things about you, lol. I just don't understand why you've chosen to do this. You said many things which are contradictory, and ...they just don't make any sense whatsoever. I'm trying to understand you, but you keep deflecting. Why?


Allow my to explain... you said this:


Originally posted by elmotox

No apology necessary. You continue to make assumptions (comparisons) about either intelligence level or emotional aspects based on less than 5 posts on an alternative news site. EQ + IQ.... like you said.


Actually, I had one previous post that mentioned IQ & EQ...so you lied.

Secondly, I didn't make any assumptions. Please tell me where I did.

Lastly, you claim that my references are lacking reason. Please explain this. It seems you're arguing from a state of ignorance, which is a logical fallacy. I don't much appreciate that.
edit on 9-2-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)




posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I have been hearing the dollar is crashing for some years now. I feel like it has nine lives and we are barely getting through the second one. Oy vay come on already and switch to a treasury note already.



posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6
 


If we speculate that the goal is to make the value of our currency and the yuan similar would we have to replace both currencies with one single money? or would our economy suffer the loss and have some sort of depression again? i little education in economy im sorry if these points are apparent to others
have a nice day



posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

Originally posted by elmotox
reply to post by unityemissions
 


is there a point to speculating further into difference of opinion of each other? your facts have been well received and appreciated. on the other hand your indirect references to ones intelligence and emotional maturity are lacking reason.... the point of this thread is not to discuss differences in understanding of each other.



There certainly is! I think you've made a lot of assumptions about me assuming things about you, lol. I just don't understand why you've chosen to do this. You said many things which are contradictory, and ...they just don't make any sense whatsoever. I'm trying to understand you, but you keep deflecting. Why?


Allow my to explain... you said this:


Originally posted by elmotox

No apology necessary. You continue to make assumptions (comparisons) about either intelligence level or emotional aspects based on less than 5 posts on an alternative news site. EQ + IQ.... like you said.


Actually, I had one previous post that mentioned IQ & EQ...so you lied.

Secondly, I didn't make any assumptions. Please tell me where I did.

Lastly, you claim that my references are lacking reason. Please explain this. It seems you're arguing from a state of ignorance, which is a logical fallacy. I don't much appreciate that.
edit on 9-2-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)


1. I did not lie. i meant (which was obviously misunderstood) that i had only put up 5 (if not less) posts and you brought up EQ/IQ.

2. ill conceit to incorrectly stating that you made assumptions.

3. my claim that your references are lacking reason is based on the (OBVIOUSLY
) incorrect assumption that your comparison that 'the public one surrounds themselves with' and 'ones EQ/IQ' was related to me. so again, i was incorrect (obviously) in assuming such a thing.

Have a nice day.



posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by elmotox
Have a nice day.


You as well.

I'm sorry there have been misunderstandings between us.

If we could have handled this in private, I would have done so first.

Please enjoy your stay in the ATS community, and welcome, friend.




posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by elmotox
reply to post by burdman30ott6
 


If we speculate that the goal is to make the value of our currency and the yuan similar would we have to replace both currencies with one single money? or would our economy suffer the loss and have some sort of depression again? i little education in economy im sorry if these points are apparent to others
have a nice day


I think ultimately the one world currency will happen, but it will likely not be in any physical form. I think we'll see a gloabl banking unit with most all transactions being electronic and some form of limited local currency which banks set hard values on. It may be called the "dollar" in the US and the "Yuan" in China, but they will all relate to the same thing at the banks.

Depression again, you say? We still haven't come out of the current one. The people of the United States would certainly be devastated by any devaluation of the dollar. I would hope to see wholesale revolution before it reached that point, though.



posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
It is simply a matter of time. The dollar is going down. There are two reasons why it hasn't yet first is the market is so huge the financiers can manipulate it for much longer then in the past like the crash of 29 which was more limited in scope. It is global now with the dollar as the world reserve currency.

Second as long as people can still trade dollars for goods and services at a reasonable exchange rate it will stay on life support. Some incident will send it over the edge sooner or later. One of these days we will wake up to a financial 9/11.



posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Reply to burdman30ott6

Hey, how about an electronic currency card+Identification for internet use and citizenship status all in one piece of plastic!
Thanks for the insight, i share your sentiment toward finding a resolution...and soon.
edit on 10-2-2011 by elmotox because: length



posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
It is simply a matter of time. The dollar is going down. There are two reasons why it hasn't yet first is the market is so huge the financiers can manipulate it for much longer then in the past like the crash of 29 which was more limited in scope. It is global now with the dollar as the world reserve currency.

Second as long as people can still trade dollars for goods and services at a reasonable exchange rate it will stay on life support. Some incident will send it over the edge sooner or later. One of these days we will wake up to a financial 9/11.


Do you have any suggestion how one would prepare for a "done dollar"? Someone else suggested buying SDS. precious metals are always an option.. Is there anything else one can do besides trading dollars for yuan now and learning chineese?



posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by elmotox
 



Gold and silver will be the only option when it finally crashes. They will try and reboot with a new currency but you will be lucky to get 8-10 cents in the old dollars so they can re-inflate again. Most will be wiped out and loose thier homes and they will offer low interest loans in the new currency "to help us out"
people will take it as they will be in dire straights. And they will have successfully stolen all the wealth and then turn around and try and recreate the same things again sell everything back to us again they stole from us and do all over again.

If you have gold or silver you just might be able to get land and property for a song in the interim as th economy shrinks back to its real size when all the fake credit and notes and FRN's evaporate. Think the real estate market crash on steroids.The dig is the new currency might not fly as people realize what happened and we could have civil unrest. Something has got to give somewhere eventually. Gold and silver will be king unless is degrade to total chaos then food water shelter will be king.

Also, booze, cigarettes, coffee, and bullets will be currency.




top topics



 
3
<< 1   >>

log in

join