It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child Brainwashing in Action

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I don't know about you but I find this very disturbing.

The title of this video is "Shocking! Israel paying to brainwash Christian children". I'm not sure how accurate that is but once viewed there is no denying the level of brain washing going on.

Note the rocking back and forth motion. A physical action that helps to anchor the point.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Namaste1001

Despite what the title of the video and the thread states, every child in that video looked like jewish children taking part in religious camps to me. Brainwashing ? Maybe, as much as sending children of any kind off to religious camps of any faith is brainwashing. Jews Paying to Brainwash Christian Children however, erm no thats not even remotely what's happening.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Brainwashing indeed .. its just sad to see..... poor children beleiving all this crap .....rocking back in fort like they on crystal meth ..... sad.......

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Nothing like showing your love for god by rocking back and forth staring at a wall....... amazing

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr3ws
Brainwashing indeed .. its just sad to see..... poor children beleiving all this crap .....rocking back in fort like they on crystal meth ..... sad.......

Not as sad as the kids who don't believe in anything, but who are also too stupid to actually understand any of the sciences and who may actually be on crystal meth/coke/crack.

Try to be more openminded and less obviously ignorant when showing off how superior you are to others.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
There is no such thing as a Christian child; just the child of a Christian. A child's perception is indeed the most vulnerable, and their minds can be manipulated/molded anyway desired. When this begins, a child immediately loses the abstract beauty of the human mind and their ability to formulate unique experiences.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by maskfan

Despite what the title of the video and the thread states, every child in that video looked like jewish children taking part in religious camps to me. Brainwashing ? Maybe, as much as sending children of any kind off to religious camps of any faith is brainwashing.

It's difficult to interpret someone's tone in an online forum, so I'm not sure if this was sarcasm or not... If it was, you'll have to excuse me, but I agree with this.

(Western)Religion, in my opinion, is something that shouldn't be taught to children, but to people who's minds are developed enough to actually have a feel for what resonates with them on a personal level..

Of course, if they did that, they might not have as many devout believers.

....Imagine what it would be like if someone tried to seriously explain to you as an adult, that there is a Tooth Fairy and what her function in society is....

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Some dude's holding a snake in the background........sup with that?

Peace

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by nasdack24k

The trouble is spirituality is a difficult subject to tech objectivly to children, especially should the child decide they wish to persue it. Religions are essentially brain washing institutions, but so are a lot of other things we all take encounter in our everyday lives. Adults who chose to follow certain religious philosphies should be allowed to do just that (assuming they aren't hurting anybody), but how do we handle children?

Devoutly religious parents will want their children to be raised according to their beliefs and whilst I agree children should be allowed to come to their own understanding, it isn't as if they are going to be given unbiased opinions surrounding religious topics simply because they weren't sent for religious schooling at a young age.

None of us have the "correct" answer for issues surrounding our spiritual development (I would even go so far as to say religious institutions aren't interested in that anyway but are more about control), however drawing parrellels to Santa Clause or the Tooth Fairy when we are actually talking about peoples earnest attempts to develop a life philosphy and theoretical modeling of the unseen universe is I think a dishonest track to take.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Actually some of us do have the answers. The answer is mind your own freaking business and let parents raise their children how they see fit. None of you can tell a parent how best to raise their children. Unless that parent is physically abusing their child you have no right to do anything other than give your opinion.
If the parent tells you to stuff your opinion then so be it.
Those of you who are so anti-religious need to step back and take a good look at yourselves and see how wrong you are. If you think religion is so backward and wrong thats fine, again its your opinion but you cross over the line when you seek to prohibit the teaching of any subject simply because you thinks its not consistant with your belief..
This is what gets Christians so up in arms about your smug elitist attitudes. They get bent out of shape and scream persecution. They are right. They are also for the most parts hypocrits because they do the same thing. Your both hypocrits. If all of you just stayed out of other peoples business things would be much smoother.

For the record I am an agnostic. I was however raised a Baptist. I moved away from the Christian faith as I grew up. I came to that decesion on my own and I did not need anyone else telling me otherwise. I raise my child as an agnostic and I am happy to let him make up his mind as he matures.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Dragoon01

I think most people are referring to extremists; Religion and intangible entity belief systems are historically the sole root of conflict and evil perceptions. Most people would rather a world of unity, peace, and equality. This is pretty much impossible to achieve when you decide a child's perception of the world when they are born, already separating them from their brothers and sisters of the earth. It's a total contradiction to provide the illusion to a child that they are equal to every being on earth, however, they MUST learn these teachings to prosper and not others. Every divinity of the world has it's own set of ideal behaviors, and therefore is the most ancient form of conflict. So you're telling me that a parent has the right in some Middle Eastern country to condemn their own children legally because they were raped by another older family member? Even a political motive for war or evil is derived from an instrumental earthly ruler/martyr/dictator/group that entacts the will of a God or belief system. To deprive a child of their OWN spiritualism and leading them to succumb their soul to a manufactured ideology is wrong. Not every child has the chance or ability to deviate from this path, and many Religious environments/families nurture the thought process in an irreversible manner. I do however believe in many of the moralistic values Christianity presents, but the idea that we are governed by a superior entity, whom we are obligated to please is just wrong. Many Christians place themselves on a righteous pedestal and hold their beliefs in higher order; why else would they try to recruit. I believe in spiritualism, which is the one common intangible that exists in every person. I feel you should experience your own sense of spiritualism and perception of the world before becoming part of some herd of fallacy. As imaginative as it is, Religion limits the imagination of broader ideas.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Namaste1001

Those are Jews, not Christians. Sounds pretty extreme, reminds me of a typical bible thumping
evangelical meeting. Just a Jewish version of Christian zealots.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dragoon01
Unless that parent is physically abusing their child you have no right to do anything other than give your opinion.

Interesting that this is exactly what we're doing here...
While I'm glad to see you acknowledge that this does constitute psychological abuse, I'm not sure why you condone that. Also it could be argued that encouraging the formation of dysfunctional neural networks is a form of physical abuse also - neurological foot-binding if you will... I'll digress for now.
edit on 2/10/2011 by nasdack24k because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
In your opinion this is psychological abuse. It is not. This is how conservative Jews pray at the wailing wall. I dont know if these are actually Jewish children or if they are a Christian church with a heavy Jewish influence but this is not abuse. You are justifying your negative opinioin of religion and desire to control the upbringing of children by calling this abuse.
At no time is any of the children harmed in this video. If the children were being told to smash their heads against the wall then yes that would be abuse. If they were being physically harmed then yes that would be abuse. If they were being verbally put down directly by adults then that MIGHT be psychological abuse. None of that is happening. This is children being taught to worship in the methods of their ancestors.
Can religion go to far with Children? Yes it can. Again physical abuse is to far. Also encouraging your children to commit suicide is going to far. The practice of female circumcision as practiced by middle easterners and africans goes to far. Yes they can get out of hand. teaching children to pray is not out of hand
edit on 10-2-2011 by Dragoon01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

In your opinion this is psychological abuse. It is not. ... [snip].. If they were being verbally put down directly by adults then that MIGHT be psychological abuse. None of that is happening. This is children being taught to worship in the methods of their ancestors.
Can religion go to far with Children? Yes it can. Again physical abuse is to far. Also encouraging your children to commit suicide is going to far. The practice of female circumcision as practiced by middle easterners and africans goes to far. Yes they can get out of hand. teaching children to pray is not out of hand

Ok, I normally let most of the truly awful spelling on this site go by without comment, but this time... No. The word you are looking for is 'too' meaning 'very' or 'overly', NOT 'to'. Jesus.

Second, simply saying "it is not" is not an _argument_, it's an assertion. You list several things you would consider abuse but do not justify or even explicate your criteria beyond "don't physically hurt them".

For many of us, the idea of teaching children, the most vulnerable and helpless in society, that we know the answers to life the universe and everything, when in fact we do not, is manifestly and _obviously_ abusive. It is ethically reprehensible to convince children that there's an invisible man who lives in the sky who watches everything you do. It's _sick_. The fact that millions of people do so and have done so for millennia is not a justification -- it's an amplification of the monstrosity of the act.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
If those kids would put that much emotion into learning stuff that does matter, the world would be a better place... like any other religion this is indoctrination at its "best"

edit on 10-2-2011 by AphexTwins because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Some dude's holding a snake in the background........sup with that?

Peace

There are two items that I see in the background that can be mistaken for a snake;

1. A Shofar being blown.

2. A man wearing tefillin.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

If they were being verbally put down directly by adults then that MIGHT be psychological abuse.

Ok... Not trying to derail the thread topic here, but if verbal insults only might be abusive.... then what, in your opinion, qualifies as being clearly psychologically abusive?
Psychic driving?
Some type of brainwashing akin to A Clockwork Orange, complete with a strapped chair and old film reels?
Chinese water torture?

Spit it out, I wanna know..

join