It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt: The other shoe drops.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I had posed the question in last weeks' thread, What's behind the Egyptian turmoil?

Today, thanks to the fine folks at AP, the answer to my earlier question is being ever so slowly revealed. Not that you would suspect such information from the title of their piece. Here it is:

Strikes erupt as Egypt protesters defy VP warnings

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The thought of martial law is terrifying, they will fire on them and won't stop until all are dead or leave. I thought if Murabak didn't leave the peace we have seen in the past few days would come to an end . I feel for the protestors, I don't want to see them loose their lives. What are they to do - it seems they want to stick it out.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
This is both terrifying and empowering to watch unfold. Egypt is truly putting its foot down, as a people, and we're watching in real-time as the stakes go up over and over. If the gov't "clamps down" and declares martial law, this thing is going to spread wildly. The whole world is watching and I believe nearly all of us are on the people's side in this thing.

The revolution meme is catching
edit on 2/9/2011 by flyingdog because: excited typing frenzy

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

I dont think anyone wants to see death and destruction, but sometimes, especially in this case, both are necessary. These people have not had a voice for years, and they are now standing up for themselves. It will take a lot for them to give up now, and I believe that the D&D will drive them further into the protests and it will be a full scale revolution. Their govt knows this and will be very very careful.

The govt may have more weapons, better training, more money, etc, but the people have sheer numbers. Youd be surprised what 300,000 people can do with sticks and stones.

I wish them the best, and hope they are all safe.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

I thought the military had already shown that they won't fire on them? I'm sure there will be some forces that will carry out the orders, but hopefully there will be other forces to defend the protestors. I don't believe it will be a large scale massacre. Any attempt to kill the protestors will only be met by a bigger resistance and by international pressure or direct involvement. I think this is just more desperate, idle threats.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Desperate, idle threats for a while perhaps - but we're not dealing with N Korea here.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
It was well hidden up until now but the oil has surfaced. I think the Egyptians are unwary of the consequences for pushing this too hard. The regime change will happen with or without further impoverishing their nation. Shut down the flow of oil, shut down what little of their economy still exists. The following from Al Arabiya News:

Hotels close down, 2.5 mln employees lose jobs. Egypt protests deal blow to tourism sector.

It's hard to imagine that any new regime will be able to recover from such a deficit. For the Egyptians I believe this is a case of "out of the frying pan and into the fire". Those wanting to balloon oil prices will get their wish. Those wanting renewed hostilities with Israel, wishes granted.

Egypt will be subject to more suffering as the price of food will balloon with the oil. They cannot feed themselves now it will not get better. I find it hard to believe that the desire for democracy peaked after 30 years in concert with an advertised global food shortage. That is hard to believe without outside pressure.

On The Verge Of A Global Food Crisis

The Great Food Crisis of 2011

The unrest of these past few weeks is just the beginning. It is no longer conflict between heavily armed superpowers, but rather spreading food shortages and rising food prices -- and the political turmoil this would lead to -- that threatens our global future.

Food shortages: Creating a crisis to force global food control

Control the oil, control the food, control the populations, control the world.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Thanks folks for posting. The human element is of the greatest concern in this. The conspiratorial side of me wonders who will benefit from the blood and sweat of Egypt? Some group will make hay at their expense. My gut tells me it is all about oil and food. Or better stated as power. That seems to me the way of the world. People suffer and die, power is gained.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Hemisphere

I would say either Iran benefits, or the US and West benefits. Somebody will swoop in and manipulate the new government. It is hard to say who Saudi Arabia and Israel should support, but no matter what, I agree that someone will profit from this.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
some seem to be missing a point here,
the military will not fire on the protesters
and if Sulieman orders the police to do so,
then you're gonna have a battle between
the Police and the Military. And those military jets
flying overhead won't be dropping lollipops.
so if Sulieman gives the order for Martial Law
and the police to enforce it. It will be his doom.
the military will drop him in a box and watch it
sink to the bottom of the Suez.
Good luck on the swim back.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I guess I fall into the minority here as I believe the people are actually standing up for themselves in this one. They are demanding a gov't that ensures their best interests. Many of the powers around the world will certainly look to take advantage, but my optimism on this begs me to believe that they will not be bought this time.

I guess I choose to believe this is part of something good

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I'm beginning to think that Egypt is a test model
for TPTB to see how a Revolution would play out
in advance for America. Once they get all the
intel from Egypt, then they will know better
how to quell the dissent in America without
losing their power base.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyingdog
I guess I choose to believe this is part of something good

it probably would be had we not known
who was funding and organizing the
mass protests.

Millions of Egyptians are being used
like pawns in a chess game and the
sad part is .... they don't know they
are being used. They themselves have
good intentions, but the people funding
it do not.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
i am totally on the side of the protesters but with that said i think that the egyption government is doing a good job in the fact that the military has not been shooting people, i could only imagine if this was going on in the US, the national guard would be killing people i think , no way the TPTB in the united states would allow a revolution without alot of deaths.

hell the military was killing people in the 60's and those were peacefull rallies...........

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
With the announcement that the Suez Canal workers were on strike yesterday, today the US stock indexes are all down on after hours trading. What do you think could be behind that? The indexes were all inflated to begin with on the rosy unemployment stats, those stats propped up by the government and Fed. What is happening now is what I mentioned in last week's thread and that is that the oil prices would soar. They haven't yet because of a current surplus but this turmoil was in part to create a crisis and dry up that surplus. The greedy are taking their stock gains prior to the commodities indexes starting to spin skyward. (Stocks plummeting.) Watch oil, gold and other commodities in the coming weeks. And.... who will feel the brunt of this? Everyone but.... the Egyptian people more than most. They sell precious little oil, they purchase most of their food and the prices will skyrocket with the other commodities.

All of this is twisted and these people of course want a say in their own story. What they don't know however, this is the sad part, is what the true cost of pushing Mubarek out now will be. This is what makes me continue to think that this turmoil was triggered by globalists. George Soros is known for and brags about his ability to analyze and benefit from economic chaos. This was precisely planned, timed and placed as I mention in the other thread. The entire regime change could have been made smooth and rather painless in comparison if the POTUS was counseling Mubarek for some time regarding a transition as has been reported. If he was, what did that entail? Handing over Egypt to the Muslim Brotherhood? That might have been the plan more or less as that would have caused the same instability as there is now. And why would Mubarek do that to his country? Even a despot has limits and he is a despot after all. Castro has been around far longer but Castro don't control the Suez Canal and so no problem with the Cubans and their rights. The POTUS is in the pocket of Soros and the globalists. I expect that any recommendations he makes has global considerations first and foremost with national sovereignty being the last concern. "The needs of the many outweighs the needs of the few." - Gene Roddenberry At least that's what they're always sellin'.
edit on 10-2-2011 by Hemisphere because: blah blah

Ex

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I wonder what would have happened if our fore fathers had said:

" Ok, England, we will continue to pay your taxes ,
because we think you will beat us if we go to war"

I see a people rising up against the oppressors of Egypt,
with a loud voice that says:

" We see the rest of the world through the internet,
we know what we can become if given the chance.
We want prosperity and FREEDOM to choose our destiny.
HEAR US !!!!! "

Maybe the US won't come out of this with everything we have had .
but. these people also know at this point if they give in......
They will be hunted and slaughtered , just like disadents
in China!

What would any of you risk everything for ????

The Revolution will be televised!
Power To The People !!
edit on 2/10/2011 by Ex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
some thinking and research, spurred on by the various comments here on ATS, has led me to conclude that this is all hijacked and controlled from the behind-the-scenes elitists.. Thanks for crushing my spirit guys ... another false revolution wave to sweep the planet, reinforcing the very control structure people think they're fighting against.

Interesting times indeed

new topics

top topics

join