It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Dies After Butt Injection at Philly Hotel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Woman Dies After Butt Injection at Philly Hotel

www.foxnews.com

A 20-year-old woman visiting Philadelphia from London died early Tuesday after she had silicone injected into her buttocks, police confirmed to myfoxphilly.com.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Quite the world we live in isn't it? Or maybe we all are living in our own little worlds...

Whichever planet this Claudia Adusei hails from is not one with which I am familiar. I cannot understand a mindset in which the shapeliness of my buttocks (or of anyone else's buttocks) would consume the attention to such a degree as to warrant a trip to another country to have a surgery which is not medically necessary.

Onion booty or death! I wonder if she will lie face down in an open-casket so that everyone can see what she died for.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
S&F OP. I do not even know what to say about this.lol

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I blame the woman who came to the US to have this done...

But I also blame the society in which we live...

That MTV "How big is your closet, how firm are your boobs, how cool is your purse, how much do you weigh, how young do you look, how much do you have, how big is your house, how small is your stomach, how great is your life, how high can you reach, how much can you buy...." society.

There's a lot of pressure to be perfect, isn't there?

And those who are not fully awake succumb to the fever of "I want, I need, I spend" or I'm nothing.

We are all a microcosm of the macrocosm.

Are we not?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

I agree that we are micro's of the macro in that we each, individually and on a smaller scale, represent the whole. But to blame society for this woman's obsession-with-perfection (assuming that's what caused her behavior) is not right. The individual makes choices, not society. We each, alone, have to choose from where we get our motivations in life; from within or from without.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

Yes, you're right.

In a perfect world, we'd want everyone to be STRONG enough, EDUCATED enough, devoid of any BRAINWASHING from the powers that be, HEALTHY enough, LUCID enough, and on top of their game.

I live on earth.

Where do you live?

Do you have kids? I do.

I see what happens when an individual is subjected to materialism over and over and over again on a daily basis from horrid television shows featuring multi-million dollar weddings, spoiled brats, million dollar birthday parties---not to mention violence and what they pick up on a daily basis from the world around them.

It is DAMN hard as a parent to reverse what your children learn and pick up. I'm patting myself on the back because my children aren't nuts, flaked out or ultra materialistic. Just getting them to be decent human beings in this crazy, un-envolved environment took every ounce of my energy.

Personal choice is great, my friend.

CHOOSING what's best for ourselves....... Well, that takes a whole other skill set. Sadly, most people don't fit the bill.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Yes, I do have a child, though she is still very young. I can see that it is very easy for any of us to fall victim to the monster that is society. How to protect and raise children to be 'themselves' without completely removing them from outside influence? I suppose that is a whole other thread...

Actually, I am greatful that such an event DOES make the news. At least that may mean that this complete lack of self is not quite so common. Yet.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

People get fixated on their bodies, how they look. It's sad. It gets to the point where they'll do anything to be part of the "beautiful" people. Starve themselves, endless cosmetic surgeries - it's a mental disorder combined with society's image of what is attractive.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Many safer alternatives such as Glutimax butt cream. Everyone can use a little butt cream to look lik JLo, lol.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Studies show that women get 20% more depressed simply flipping through a woman's magazine. Because no one is capable of ever looking like the tall, thin, beautiful women who are on there.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Why would she waste her time with silicone injections when the Tastykake factory is just down the road?

For those of you outside the Philly area, you don't know what you're missing; these are the best snack cakes EVER!

If you want to add inches to your behind, they are the way to go, and a much more enjoyable procedure IMO.
edit on 2/9/11 by FortAnthem because:

top topics

join