It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1979 the game

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

1979 the game

www.youtube.com

A director of the groundbreaking video game franchise "Grand Theft Auto" Navid Khonsari sits down with RT's Anastasia Churkina to discuss his new project "1979: The Game". "1979: The Game" is about the Iran hostage crisis where Iranian students took American embassy personnel hostage.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
not sure if this is in the right place. if not can the mod's please move to an appropriate place, thanks.
based on the iranian revolution this game will apparently bring things like America's ties with Saddam hussein and the Taliban to an audience that may have never given such things a thought.
especially given the piece i saw fox do on Iran yesterday its good that people can get an alternative perspective on the world we live in and how its shaped. i urge you to watch the video and let me know your thoughts?

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 9-2-2011 by danielhanson420 because: spellchecked for the grammer nazi's

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by danielhanson420

I watched this interview yesterday. While I don't know if this game will be fun and/or successful, I very much like the concept of being able to play through historical periods from different points of view. Hopefully the facts provided are as accurate as possible. I remember that starting in 1979, when I was 10 years old, developing a hatred of Iran, and of Iranians, because of the news that I watched that passed the hostage story off as a single event, rather than the latest act in a script that began in the '50's, when we overthrew their elected leader. It took me getting to know some Iranians, and to read about the real history of the region to understand that the Iranians were pawns in a larger game, much as we were then, and still are today. The power of propaganda is unbelievably powerful. Perhaps games like this are a way to make people who don't use the net to try and get a more accurate picture of history, to understand that they have not been told the whole truth about a great many things that they have never thought to question before.

Consequently, a game like this could also be used to perpetuate false histories as well; to further ingrain falsities and misinformation into the collective conscience. So I suppose it's like every other media product in that respect. I'll be watching to see how well the game does. It's sure to raise a few eyebrows due to the subject matter, and that's a healthy thing.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
i think you just summed up my feelings on the situation. other than the fact it happend long before i was even thought of lol.
i find most of the people around were i live have the very sacry world veiw of there all paki's and ragheads we should nuke them all, problem over! when you try to engage them in conversations on such matters the answer is "why do you care" "am i botherd"
its no wonder the muslim comunity in this country segragate themselfs. the media and politicians try to say rasisim is gone... i'll tell you first hand it never left!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Holy crap, I can't wait for this.

top topics

join