It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What country should be first to introduce intelligent E.T./Alien life to world masses. And why?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
With all due respect to everyones opinion, I think it would only be fitting for it to come from the Secretary General of the United Nations as they should represent all of humanity not individual countries.

If the ET's first words are "Yekshemesh!", "Shenquey!" I won't be surprised

edit on 9/2/11 by Hongkongphooey because: typo

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
North Korea is Best Korea. Kim Jong Il should be our representative. Just shave his head, remove his spectacles, and there you go.

Also the ETs will be happy to hold a meeting in N.K. anyways, Any country living 50 years in the past would have to appear very non-threatening. If it comes down to an invasion, what can the average N.K. citizen do? Throw rocks?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Mexico, with multiple UFO sightings weekly, I feel as though Mexico is heavily involved with ETs and that they would come out with it... What's Mexico got to lose?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
This is how, IMHO, that they should do it.

-Land in Antarctica and set up a 500 mile perimeter around the landing site. (return the scientists and workers already there to their countries of origin
-send out a global broadcast inviting 10 delegates from each country and each religious faction
-State in the global broadcast that they are here for the whole of human kind and will not favor one over the other.
-If any country tries to land and communicate without being part of the invited delegations or attempts to gain favor by coming alone/or tries to sabotage/block another country/religious sect from attending they will be left completely out of the talks and will not recieve any help what so ever

As an after thought, maybe they should send the mass broadcast before landing.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
if ET was smart he would choose the country

If there was international conference to let the world know ET was here

I have to think of neutral well respected country for the conference to be held at.

Belgium or Switzerland

edit on 9-2-2011 by mysteryskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I would say Australia and its not a matter of favouritism. We have a reasonably sized continent of which is isolated and we also have a smaller population than most continents on the planet. On top of that the population is well spread out. leaving plenty of room for them to utilize for setting up any form of base on ground. Also given our population is last time I checked roughly 20-22 million. So that would also help prevent them being swamped by large masses.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I think they should be introduced by the Hell's Angels...
...because the ET/Aliens are themselves Hell's Angels.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Amdusias

Canada fits the bill better IMO, even using all your stated criteria. 20-22 million ? we have 30 and are much more spread out.

Hospitable, virtually empty and who doesn't love doughnuts and poutine??

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
The Netherlands, because a friend with weed is a friend indeed

But seriously, whatever country has the lowest crime rate and the happiest civilian population while still being modernized. I think it's Denmark or one of those smaller European countries.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Any intelligent life form would introduce themselves when the time was right. But if not all countries would have to spill the beans anyway.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
China, because the Chineses are the most curious people in the world,
they have nothing to lose and can only benefit by it, they have shown
already their tolerance at the UFOs and they have some other visions
about the reality as a whole as well as in the physics.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
north korea

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Peruvian shamans should be the first because ET isn't really ET at all! ET is not biological and technological and from another planet, but shamanic and mystical and psychical and from the collective unconscious. Surprise!

edit on 10-2-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Well I doubt the US or any of its allies would tell us anyway.

I believe it should be Ethiopia. Why?

Ethiopia is where humans supposedly appeared.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

edit on 10-2-2011 by havanaja because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
What country would ET/Aliens choose for disclosure? Excellent Thread. First, a hope that ET would choose a country with the following proffile: non-agressive to the rest of humanity in the last 100 years; a religion or spiritual belief that tolerates/accepts people's differences, and expansive to include the universe; culturally peaceful, appreciative of beauty and art; a stable government with full participation by all its citizens; a fair distribution of wealth that also gives room for individual effort (am I being PC in bending a knee to Capitalism?), etc..
Countries/cultures/belief systems that might fit these guidelines:
-Buddistm, pantheism (sacred trees,mountains, rivers, lakes), Druidism, etc.
-tribal systems - with extraterrestrial origin/creation myths and/or councils of elders:
Hopi and Navaho (Southwest USA), Tibetans, Aleut (Alaska), Laplander (Artic Scandinavia),
Igbo (W Africa), Australian Aboriginal, Inca, Xhosa (Africa), Dogon (African, believe they originate from
Sirius), Hindi and others;
-Countries: Tibet, Canada, New Zealand, International Association of Tribal and Aboriginal Peoples, Netherlands, Switzerland, Indonesia(?), Thailand, Phillipines, Portugal,United Nations

However, maybe the realistic choices would instead be countries with persuasive leverage (power) if they could be "convinced" that it would be in the best interests of Humanity if everybody will "calm down and cooperate". Such countries might be:
- COMBOS: United States-Russia-China-India-Japan-EU, United Nations, Switzerland-New Zealand-Canada- Tibet,
- "Take me to your leader": United States, China, USA-Russia-China
In animal studies, we take the last approach (e.g., in researching apes in the wild we focus on dominant individuals and packs). So, to be brief, the logical, max leverage option would be USA. The second choice - a first tier COMBO (USA-Russia-China-India-EU-Vatican)

I believe from readings that a COMBOS choice has been made: USA-Russia-UK-Vatican. Perhaps Disclosure is waiting for China, and maybe with India-Japan, to come up to speed. (Special note: in last 10 yrs or so, Vatican seems conspicuously active in its public efforts to change from its 2,000 year history of repression and resistance to change)
edit on 10-2-2011 by havanaja because: Streamlining.

edit on 10-2-2011 by havanaja because: same

edit on 10-2-2011 by havanaja because: syntax changes made by system?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
It should happen at a meeting of the UN in New York city. That's the most logical way for it to happen, if its in a way that we choose. A single country shouldn't, and probably wouldn't be chosen.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by HappyTimeHarry

We saw the UN response to 9/11 so that isn't going to work either. Pretty sure any current alien intelligence is going to be too involved with the current NWO to allow disclosure for most of us. Best place for disclosure is through past contacts. If we look back at events from several hundred years ago we get the advantage of hindsight. Also those older events are less likely to be classified intelligence. Our modern computers can be networked in a manner that will provide some AI to help overcome the human disassociations that prevent us from understanding the truth.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AMANNAMEDQUEST

Hahaha yes!

And my choice would be Iceland or Greenland
edit on 2/11/2011 by Nspekta because: ...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

That's obvious: Egypt! Because there are those Giza pyramids and other such places of archeological importance where pyramids are found. Stonehenge doesn't count because they moved it, I believe. Umm: I know! Easter Island! It's practically desolate and the stage, err, I meant the "landings" could occur and these "life forms" could show their "true" appearances.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join