It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So this is what we have come too.. Sad

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Latley I have been noticing a increase in bs on the boards in the form of trolling, Threads that cease to have a point, And of course my favorie, Stars and flags being handed out like candy on haloween.

So i have decided to go back and find some threads from the past that may help keep ats on the right track, These threads are all from different subject content, But all similar in one way.. they are what ats is suppose to be about.

Reality glitches

Consciousness research

Stargates are real

Something has changed timeline

Please if you wish to turn this into a social experience then refraim from posting. Also Think before you start a new thread, And use the search option to see if the thread already exists, Also if you notice a off topic post or a troll please lets not give these people noteriety just click the alert button.

There have been a lot of these threads latley maybe one of them will finnaly sink in. Thanks for your time.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

There ya go, i gave you a star! no flag as i cannot find em.
ATS is about anything that perplexes our small brains and may be techie, or just beyond the pale.
Kind of like a non denominational church.
Hope that helps.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Please anyone flagging this make sure it is for the right reason, don't flag too flag I am merely making a point not looking for flags. thank you.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

Theres' to much bulljunk on this site and some buddies just make a darn mess of it for everybuddy!

Star and flag for you, pal

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by inchworm

Thank you, Lately it has become hard to sort through all of the junk posts that cluttered up the boards to find the actual relevant ones that keep people like us coming back for more.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
There was a thread similiar to this earlier today just titled "threads" that i also posted in, because i think you are right, eventually it will sink in and people will stop posting lame experinces that they may or may not have made up because a lot of the time I think people just like to tell ficticious stories to see if they can rouse some responses.

My personal pet peeve for threads on this website are the vampire ones. They die down between the releases of twilight movies and then come out again when they are released or any other big media vampire release.
Ill say again what I said earlier, for the love of God do not post about your vampiric experience, i dont believe you because the definition of vampire followed by todays masses are so zonked out nothing posted about them remortely makes sense or contributes to any competance on the subject.

Thanks for creating your thread, an outlet for myself to get my pet peeve out there so it might clear up a bit.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by LetsTouch

Completely agree with you threads such as this one have completely destroyed whatever credibility is left in that field.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I'm completely new here and have to agree - lots of junk threads and lots of degeneration in threads with merit. Debunking isn't something that needs to be done for its own sake, nor is it ever appropriate to call names and act rude. If a poster has nothing intelligent and of relevance to add to the conversation, it should simply not be said. I find myself skipping entire pages of posts, typically bantering about so-and-so is a fraud or people are stupid because of x and y, in order to find relevant info on the topic of the thread - that cannot be the way this forum is supposed to work.

That said, thank you for "seeing something" and "saying something" OP. S&F

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by flyingdog

Thanks for replying.. And welcome to ATS look forward to talking with you on the boards.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Aren't two of the threads you mentioned purely social threads

They seem to be saying: I think something may be weird and have you noticed.

But I agree two of the threads seem informative.

Originally posted by TechVampyre

So i have decided to go back and find some threads from the past that may help keep ats on the right track, These threads are all from different subject content, But all similar in one way.. they are what ats is suppose to be about.

Reality glitches

Consciousness research

Stargates are real

Something has changed timeline

Please if you wish to turn this into a social experience then refraim from posting. Also Think before you start a new thread, And use the search option to see if the thread already exists, Also if you notice a off topic post or a troll please lets not give these people noteriety just click the alert button.

There have been a lot of these threads latley maybe one of them will finnaly sink in. Thanks for your time.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by GrisGris

Yes, I was posting threads that I have enjoyed reading in the past that I have found very insightful and thought provoking.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Hold on there cowboy!!
Junk thread?
Lemme educate you on junk, it is all junk.
But one mans trash is anothers gold.
Just because one does not like or believe in something does not necessarily make it a lie or frivolous.
This website is here for the news or stories that just don't fit on CNN or fox.
Wheter it be vampire or flashing lights in the sky.
I like teh chupacabra myself!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

What I would consider to be a junk thread is any thread that has no point, and no thought was put behind it before posting. Or the all to often troll threads popping up more and more frequently.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

reply to post by g146541

What I would consider to be a junk thread is any thread that has no point, and no thought was put behind it before posting. Or the all to often troll threads popping up more and more frequently.

Going further, one thread was just posted that consists of basically a crapload of youtube video embeds. The poster didn't put anything new or challenging forward in their own words. There was minimal content outside the videos themselves.

What was the point? Where's the question? What was the person interested in? Nothing - it was simply someone "twittering" on ATS.

I have a belief, right or wrong, that a forum is supposed to be about exchange of information and collective, thoughtful discussion - not about someone talking "@" others.

If you start a thread with a youtube video or a news article, it should be expected of you to AT LEAST add your input or ask a pointed question. If you want to tell us about your dream or weird feeling, you should certainly do so...maybe even ask if anyone else is experiencing similar. Just throwing random stuff at the forum to see what might stick is not a valid use of anyone's time or resources. If you're not interested enough in the topic you are bringing to our attention to bother sharing your perspective and/or inquire about others, it probably shouldn't be posted.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

Hold on there cowboy!!
Junk thread?
Lemme educate you on junk, it is all junk.
But one mans trash is anothers gold.
Just because one does not like or believe in something does not necessarily make it a lie or frivolous.
This website is here for the news or stories that just don't fit on CNN or fox.
Wheter it be vampire or flashing lights in the sky.
I like teh chupacabra myself!

Completely agree. I'm into all sorts of out-of-the-box stuff myself, much of which many here would consider "junk" too. Discussion of chupacabra is great - info on sightings, research into what it may/may not be, etc - all welcome. It's pretty aggravating, you have to admit, when someone comes along in a chupacabra sighting thread and calls everyone stupid or crazy, then starts arguing with everyone in the thread about 2012 or the Mothman Prophecies.

If you want to debunk mothman, find or start a thread about mothman (better yet, one about DEBUNKING mothman). Hijacking an excellent chupacabra thread to make your off-topic point is bad etiquette and makes valuable threads difficult to navigate.
edit on 2/9/2011 by flyingdog because: clarification

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Do you guys agree with how the star and flag system works here then?

I do not care for it, but nearly any thread seems to get flagged.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I myself am guilty for flagging threads I'm interested in. We should probably all be using "favorite" rather than flags or threads that interest us and reserve flags for those threads that everyone, regardless of their personal interests, should be exposed to.

Stars - I figure giving out a star to someone who starts a thread with merit or puts together a well thought-out post is similar to a "thumbs up" approach. I may be wrong to hand those out as freely as I do, but I am part of that "everyone receives a star" generation

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Latley I have been noticing a increase in bs on the boards in the form of trolling, Threads that cease to have a point, And of course my favorie, Stars and flags being handed out like candy on haloween.

Thank you. Now, that's why I joined this site. At anytime, a good question is worth a thousand bad aswers. Because it will put your mind to work, provided you have an inquisitive one. I believe the Dark Powers are at work to defame ATS and diminish its credibility. It is up to its members to uphold its standards, their standards. Now, that is a fight worth fighting. S&F
edit on 9-2-2011 by trisvonbis because: typing fault...

edit on 9-2-2011 by trisvonbis because:
appered in the wrong place

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyingdog

I myself am guilty for flagging threads I'm interested in. We should probably all be using "favorite" rather than flags or threads that interest us and reserve flags for those threads that everyone, regardless of their personal interests, should be exposed to.

Stars - I figure giving out a star to someone who starts a thread with merit or puts together a well thought-out post is similar to a "thumbs up" approach. I may be wrong to hand those out as freely as I do, but I am part of that "everyone receives a star" generation

Yes this is a good idea, That is why there is a favorite tab. We should all do this more often.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I agree with the way the system was designed. I just don't agree with how it is used. I don't think that just any thread deserves to get flagged, I feel it should be reserved for the threads that really do stand out.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join