It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Napolitano: Nation's terror threat may be highest since 9/11

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Nation's terror threat may be highest since 9/11?

Paranoia much?

Medications ineffective?

Ten years of Chicken Little and parasitic fearmongering- for what?!

edit on 9-2-2011 by Chakotay because: CLASSIFIED

Almost makes you wonder if they put Energizer Batteries in these mindless automons they roll out for public consumption, and the media to promote.

Can you imagine keeping a job in the corporate world based on a report that centers on maybes?

Maybe our sales went up, maybe they went down, maybe the new line will be ready to roll out by spring, maybe not, maybe our advertising is working, maybe it isn't.

We sure are in trouble.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

The Patriot Act was not renewed... That explains this latest hysteria. If Jan were really trying to protect the Nation from terrorism, she would close the borders as she knows there are Islamic terrorists crossing in from Mexico at a steady pace. Instead, she's molesting grannies at the air port.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Sure and it's easy to understand why. After 9/11 we were supposed to go get Bin Laden. Well that fizzled out and instead we're taking over a couple of countries and we've placed some of our military in Saudi Arabia which is considered "holy ground" in Islam. These three things alone is enough to really pisssss off the radical elements in Islam. This is exactly why the threat is greater now.

Those people over there are not at war with us because they "hate our freedom" as we are told by the ultra-right here at home. They couldn't care less about that. They hate us because we (the west) have a history of messing with their part of the world. When it comes to fighting back, they have very limited options. Thus the world sees "terrorism". This is not meant to justify what they do. It is meant to explain it.
edit on 9-2-2011 by trailertrash because: typo

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Run... Run!! Incoming Doom.. Doom.. We must have doom for the Patriot Act..

Grab your tin foil hat!

Purvey Doom.. Anthrax : $1, Home Run control systems in a 747 : 1 Mill, or Fluoride for free..

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by trailertrash

Sure and it's easy to understand why. After 9/11 we were supposed to go get Bin Laden. Well that fizzled out and instead we're taking over a couple of countries and we've placed some of our military in Saudi Arabia which is considered "holy ground" in Islam. These three things alone is enough to really pisssss off the radical elements in Islam. This is exactly why the threat is greater now.

Those people over there are not at war with us because they "hate our freedom" as we are told by the ultra-right here at home. They couldn't care less about that. They hate us because we (the west) have a history of messing with their part of the world. When it comes to fighting back, they have very limited options. Thus the world sees "terrorism". This is not meant to justify what they do. It is meant to explain it.
edit on 9-2-2011 by trailertrash because: typo

I could not agree with you more my friend, and it's a very good thing that more and more people are seeing through the propganda and botched foreign policy and the corporate theft and greed that propels all this.

Great post thanks for sharing.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
"Napolitano:Nation's terror threat may be highest since 9/11"

Maybe if the hideous bag of puss Napolitano spent more resources investigating actual terrorist instead of molesting children & grandmothers at TSA checkpoints she'd have a clue how to deal with them.

One can only hope Obama will come to his senses and realize that her appointment is costing him more votes everyday.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency

Maybe if the hideous bag of puss Napolitano spent more resources investigating actual terrorist instead of molesting children & grandmothers at TSA checkpoints

Sounds to me your politicians have caught their British counterparts disease of needing to be seen to be doing "stuff" rather than actually doing anything, they get a list of options off their civil servants quickly scan it and pick the option that will be most visible then tailor it to make themselves even more visible, all at the tax payers expense and inconvenience.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
FEAR! FEAR! FEAR!

Fear is good.

Fear keeps you safe.

We keep you safe.

Be very afraid and paranoid at all times.

This is for your safety.

File into 2 lines at your grocery stores, shopping malls, hotels, and travel routes. One line is for your pat downs, the other is for your naked x-ray scan.

This is necessary for your safety. There are terrorists everywhere, around every corner. They are out to get you. We are here to protect you. So you must comply and cooperate with these measures. It is for your safety. We know what is best for you. View the high def TV screen and absorb the message, again and again.

Fear...Comply...Cooperate...Submit. It is for your safety. Thank you.

Insincerely,

Janet Napolitano, DHS, and TSA

Oh god no! Whatever are we going to do? I guess sitting at home while the police search our homes is the safest bet yet.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
In other words.. another false flag planned on US soil?

They should know lol..

(sorry if someone already said this, i just read the OP and replied)

ETA: Might this be the result of the ambassador meeting?
edit on 10/2/11 by Romekje because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah Johnson
I can't stand her, she makes me physically ill. God help us all if she should ever run for President, it's bad enough she has the power that she does now. She would be perfect for Josef Stalin's KGB.

Its not just her. The whole government makes me ill anymore. Never thought I would see the book "1984" brought to such real fruition.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
How the hell did we ever go from officials within the US government allowing some middle-eastern extremists from abroad fly airplanes into some buildings in NYC, to westerners being absorbed into these so-called terror cells and the need to "secure" US communities from ourselves?

Oh well, I guess the world was okay while it lasted.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Napolitano cant do the job. It's a matter of being promoted past ability level. But that being said .. Napolitano is correct ... the terror threat is at it's highest yet. The reason - the TSA terrorizes a whole lotta' people when they do their alleged 'pat downs' and full body exray scans .. all in the name of 'freedom and safety'.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Seems like this is just politics. Keeping people afraid. It's good for the President's approval rating for one thing. Watch it get a boost out of this. The Bush administration did the same thing. Always trying to make us so afraid that the big, bad boogie man is going to get us. Also a good excuse to trample on our rights. Patriot Act came about under similar circumstances. Sorry, but I'm not afraid. Home grown terrorists are nothing new. Ever heard of Oklahoma City? She makes it sound like we're living in Mexico. Obama better not get a second term out of this nonsense.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
the only way the Patriot Act will be extended
is if there is another 9/11 type event on US soil.

I agree totally. And that's the scary thing.

If they want this Act extended, it seems they're going to need to convince people that there's a need for it.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Remember the Salem Witch Trials
Remember the Communist scare that went on in the 50's.
Don't let history repeat itself.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

The only terror I see that's elevated, is this increasingly disturbing trend of America having to wake up every morning and look at the TV and see photos of women who look and act like evil men such as Hillary Clinton, Janet NEOpolitano and the previous Janet Reno. This is terror to me, I would much rather see Bin Laden.

edit on 10-2-2011 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

S&F, ProTrav...

Be AFRAID...Be VERRRY Afraid!!!

Big Sis is at it again. Domestic Terrorism again. We've been down this track before, ProTrav.

Like I said in the past, my domestics have been terrorizing me with their antics for years. My butler refuses to even polish the silver anymore. My driver takes his dear time getting the Limmo ready for my use. And my maid won't make her own bed. let alone mine.

What am I to do? I was just wondering if I should call Homeland Security about this. I mean, I've seen somthing so I should say something. Right? This type terrorism by my domestics MUST STOP!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
the only way the Patriot Act will be extended
is if there is another 9/11 type event on US soil.
And I'm pretty sure the folks over at the CIA will be more
than happy to oblige them with the fireworks
and the patsies once again.

get ready
I smell it coming ......

edit on 2/9/2011 by boondock-saint because: spelling

You can bet that a false flag attack is just around the corner. All the signs are there.

1. Terror threat is at it's highest level since 9/11.
2. Al Qaeda may have already acquired the nuclear material to make a dirty bomb.
3. Patriot Act extension gets voted down.

Sadly, many Americans are too damn ignorant to see the writing on the wall. It's true. When I tell people to be ready for something huge, they look at me like I am absolutely insane.

Whatever false flag event the government has planned this time you can bet it will be an attack so horrific that many of those ignorant Americans will have no problem giving up the last of their freedoms. Nearly 10 years after 9/11 Americans have become complacent again, we feel secure, all these extra security measures are unnecessary. This attack will be one that makes us feel so vulnerable that most citizens will never again question the government. "Mission Accomplished."

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Pink Floyd stated it well in the song "Breathe"...

"Run, rabbit run
Dig that hole, forget the sun.
When at last the work is done,
Don't sit down it's time to dig another one."

I find it hard to believe that anyone is still scared of the shadow monster in the closet....but then again, all you have to do is talk to a few people. Just take note of how many state "if it makes me and my family safe, then I'm fine with it", as they describe why they're okay with whatever measures are taken in the name of security.

There has to come a point where even the most cowardly citizens will start to suffer from 'alert fatigue'...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

The fact that this coincides with the overture of the patriot act is no coincidence. Let their old ways burn in fire. We are free men and women of the US under God. So gtfo and lets be free.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join