It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Napolitano: Nation's terror threat may be highest since 9/11

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I'm having a hard time thinking of any recent domestic terrorism incident that didn't involve entrapment by the FBI.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

The only terrorists that keep me in fear day and night are the ones in Washington. Talk about "Homegrown Terrorism" That's the only phrase that gives this whole campaign any legitimacy!!!!!!!

Yes and their hands are VERY VERY bloody!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Here's the future, as prescribed by the CFR. Found this on their website the other day.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

They had a young George Patton attack the Bonus Army camped out in Washington D.C. to disperse it.

The scuttlebut was they put them , men women and children, on trains, sent them to Florida wherethey were killed and disposed of in the swamps... ALLIGATORS do a nice job of getting rid of evidence.

www.battleforjustice.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I do not own a cellphone. And I probably never will.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
So, Napolitano says the old color terror chart system doesn't work. Ok I can go with that.

So, Napolitano is now telling us *we are going to be pulling a false flag*.

The new terror alert system is great, atleast she/they is telling us they are about to *snip* the *snip out of us.
edit on 9-2-2011 by hillynilly because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
So wait, don't fear the terrorists but fear Nibiru, pole shifts, or 2012? I'm confused.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Throwback

Don't fear anything, just prepare yourself and take precautions for whatever may come. More than likely, it will be something that none of us anticipated that really gets us, but we can always prepare. What good is fear anyway? Except as a tool for someone to manipulate you. See my sig line.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Throwback
So wait, don't fear the terrorists but fear Nibiru, pole shifts, or 2012? I'm confused.

LOL.. I don't think any of the folks posting here so far are very "fear" anything. Live life till you die and all that.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Throwback

Don't fear anything, just prepare yourself and take precautions for whatever may come. More than likely, it will be something that none of us anticipated that really gets us, but we can always prepare. What good is fear anyway? Except as a tool for someone to manipulate you. See my sig line.

Fears are almost always imagined, and seldom if ever pan out the way people imagine that they will.

It is impossible and a fools errand to plan for every possible unseen contingency and a terrible way to waste time and money by proactively trying to react to something that hasn't even first occured as an action to react too.

Exercise a little common sense, and it will take you a far way, many of the things Homeland Security make no sense at all, just cents for a lot of corporations that have bought the finest government money can buy.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

That vote yesterday was only on one of three versions of the extension, in reality they voted down the extension (yesterday's) that was for the shortest time period, only through December.

The two still up for vote extend the Patriot Act for two years in one Bill, and permanently in the other Bill.

Thats what worries me in light of this new "terror threat highest" crap. Everyone is all patting each other on the back and distracted, and while we are all drunk on celebratory champagne, the PA becomes permanent.

I just dont buy that they will let this thing go without a fight. And what is happening right now FEELS, like we are being punked. It just doesnt feel right. And I have had CNN on all morning, and they are not really making much ado about the PA, which tells me they are not planning to fail ALL those bills. This would be a big opportunity to gain brownie points, bragging how you finally got rid of an unpopular thing, and yet, they arent taking it. No statements how they are cutting government back, despite Obama, yadda yadda.

I just think we are being bent over, and the failing of the first bill is just to make our collective sphincter relax.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
How very convenient for Napolitano to say. Consider the elimination of the old color coded system, preceded by the passage of "net neutrality" which gave the FCC sweeping regulatory power over broadband and just recently we have the FCC planning to add "presidential alert messages" to our nations Emergency Alert System. Furthermore, they are exploring ways in which they can interrupt our nations mobile broadband system to broadcast these messages.

Net neutrality was just the beginning for a new way of life in this nation. I get the funny feeling that something is looming and that President Obama will be whispering in our ears when the SHTF. What's next?? That's right the"internet kill switch" legislation is still on the floor.
www.switched.com...

"My legislation would provide a mechanism for the government to work with the private sector in the event of a true cyber emergency," Collins wrote in an e-mail to Wired. "It would give our nation the best tools available to swiftly respond to a significant threat." An aide to the Senate Committee provided Wired with the following example: if the U.S. detected a serious cyberthreat, Collins' legislation would enable the President to instantly shut down any infrastructure connected to "the system that controls the floodgates to the Hoover dam"

Step by step they are moving right along.... Kind of creepy when you look at everything together.

Thread on the FCC Move.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
If you want a great laugh, listen to the A J radio segment today where he calls the DHS to report possible terrorist activity. I know some like him some don't but this was one of the funniest and most pathetic displays of the DHS scam I've ever heard. They are as CLUELESS as clueless gets, not one of the agencies knew what to do and these are the people keeping us safe
So worth the listen. you can skip all the other but the DHS call was priceless.
www.infowars.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I'd like to propose a question,
mainly just cuz I'm curious.

Let's just say for an example that
TPTB put a mini-nuke under the Gulf Sea floor
next to all those gas pockets which they
encountered when the oil spill occurred
and they ALSO put a mini-nuke down into
the New Madrid fault line and set off
both devices at the same time.
Would the populace be able to tell
if was a natural phenom or man-made?
And just what would be the effects
that followed such an event ???

not trying to fear monger,
it's just a question posing
a scenario.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Populace? They can't tell anything. They could set a nuke off a mile above manhatten and call it a meteor shower if they wanted to.

Seriously, a few experts in the world might have their suspicions, but the populace would never have a clue. The experts would either be bought off, threatened, or discredited before their suspicions were publicized.

WIth the current state of affairs, the government could plan just about any "natural" disaster that they wanted to.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Oh, I wasn't serious. There was sarcasm somewhere in my post. Can't tell over the net though...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Seriously, a few experts in the world might have their suspicions, but the populace would never have a clue. The experts would either be bought off, threatened, or discredited before their suspicions were publicized.

so basically they could get away with it
like happened on 9/11 ???

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I think so, what say you?

How would any non-geologist know the difference between a major underground explosion and a regular earthquake? If the news calls it an earthquake, then it is an earthquake for all intents and purposes, despite the facts.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Define: "get away with it."

I like to believe that consequences are not separable from the actions that cause them.

However, given the scale of the theoretical scenario you describe, it would be a significant amount of time before people *might* grasp the nature of the event.

On the one hand, the chaos resulting from the event would have several sociological effects that would be immediate. First off, most people would take to assisting each other. I think that remains true despite the common meme that we are all out for ourselves and will kill one another for food and shelter. Second, people relatively unaffected would feel some degree of desire to help... but not much; socially, as a group, people WILL kill each other for food and shelter.

The key is of course, information. Propaganda has screwed us up royally, everywhere, in all countries. Few understand that we only hear what TPTB want to let us hear. Those voices that see or determine otherwise will be marginalized by dilution, infiltration, subversion,. and worse. And that's assuming there would be a way for people to communicate en masse as we do here. The forums of old would have to be re-established.... which would be a challenge all by itself.

If the power were gone, and there was no communication possible without specialized equipment only certain people have access to, we would all be - for the most part - limited to our locality for information and support... given that half the country relies on medication and infotainment to maintain their sanity.. it would be an ugly choice that faces them.... focus on immediate survival... or wallow in impotent grief.

There is of course, the slight (very) remote (increasingly) possibility (infinitesimal) that an honorable leader could engender a revival of the community spirit; and begin to forge a future without the doctrines of social-engineering and power lust being the defining motivators.... It's something to hang on to....

Faith.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I'm picturing Jumbo Trons with the face of Obama (papa) and Janet (mamma) instructing the obedient/disobedient children what to do, not do, where to go, how to go, what to eat, what not to eat, and the masses stand en mass below the screens agreeing with their mandates and following through with their orders....every science fiction movie where the Leader's words control the people are no longer fiction.

This is what our country/world is in for if we continue to allow the shots to be called by corporations and government.

"Big Mama" does have something up her sleeve, make no mistake about it, so do stay vigilant. She will not rest until she can convince the sleeping sheep that the US is on the verge of a complete Terrorist take over from within and being a Patriot is a sign of Terrorism. Funny how terrorism can be substituted for the word/words "crime" or "criminal". So much more scary to call a criminal a terrorist....Life through Psychology...

Regarding the passage of the bills on the Patriot Act...more than likely, they will vote it down completely....with a clean slate, they have infinite room to re-write what they have now, with additions that will make the standing bill look as if a class of kindergartners drafted it. With the advancements in the espionage game since the Patriot Act was first presented, and the further dumbing down of America, it is worrisome to imagine what they are truly capable of if they are not stopped!

Fear is NOT in my vocabulary. I know may sound like I'm preaching to the choir, but if I can reach anyone out there and strike a spark of light within, it is worth saying what I feel I have to say. Wake Up and smell the Freedom...remain silent and feel the Tyranny.

Peace
edit on 9-2-2011 by Holly N.R.A. because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join