It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Napolitano: Nation's terror threat may be highest since 9/11

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Well she should know... since she is one of the main sources of that terror

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

This sounds like an intro to increased harassment of American citizens who express displeasure with the status quo. Its also really odd in light of the vote regarding the Patriot Act.

Feels to me like they are setting something up.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah Johnson

They would no doubt turn against us, they have in the past. I'm not sure who is aware of The Bonus Army, if not read about them and how our government handled their protests and thanked them for their service in WW1.

Yep... and who led the charge against those people? Patton! And Patton is seen as a great hero... yeah he was great during WW2... but for what he did against those people... he shouldn't be considered one.

At least a big part of the Egyptian army is siding with the people and refusing orders to shoot on their people. Will the US army do the same? They have done it before.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
"patriot" 1: Its time to RISE up and make a stand. Let them know that we won stand for this fascist, heavy handed
Government control...

"patriot" 2: Yea, yea, sure thing.. right after American Idol is over.

"patriot" 1: agreed

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah Johnson
reply to post by Vitchilo

They would no doubt turn against us, they have in the past. I'm not sure who is aware of The Bonus Army, if not read about them and how our government handled their protests and thanked them for their service in WW1.

en.wikipedia.org...

They had a young George Patton attack the Bonus Army camped out in Washington D.C. to disperse it.

These were all Veterans who had went overseas in World War I, and were promised a Bonus Payment for volunteering, that the Federal Government then later wanted to defer having to pay them for years and years.

In the height of the Great Depression the men and their families desperately needed the money and had no place to live, and no money except their stalled bonus checks to find one.

Solution? Send them packing at the point of a gun as Patton's troops fired on them and dispersed them while the media of the day cried shame.

Giving Washington a Standing Army is risky enough, letting it create this huge domestic security apparatus is akin to slow suicide.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
the only way the Patriot Act will be extended
is if there is another 9/11 type event on US soil.
And I'm pretty sure the folks over at the CIA will be more
than happy to oblige them with the fireworks
and the patsies once again.

get ready
I smell it coming ......

edit on 2/9/2011 by boondock-saint because: spelling

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Yawn. So because Porky there says there's a terror threat, we're made to believe that? I'd soon trust a 'terrorist' then Porky. Afterall, she's the one rattling the cage of the people to make them scared of an invisible enemy. It's Nazi Germany all over again, literally. We imported the Nazis after WW II, they're still in power but in the USA now.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I was a fan of Patton mostly because he was fearless and my grandfather served in his 3rd Army in WW2 but once I read about his actions my feelings had changed. My own personal belief is that he was just being a loyal soldier following orders but that is the kind of soldier I would have to be suspicious about should mass protests take place.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

This sounds like an intro to increased harassment of American citizens who express displeasure with the status quo. Its also really odd in light of the vote regarding the Patriot Act.

Feels to me like they are setting something up.

That vote yesterday was only on one of three versions of the extension, in reality they voted down the extension (yesterday's) that was for the shortest time period, only through December.

The two still up for vote extend the Patriot Act for two years in one Bill, and permanently in the other Bill.

So while it's a brief respite that they voted down yesterdays version, that very well could have been to distract the public from the vote that is going to be upcoming on making it permanent.

Clearly the Department of Homeland Security is lobbying in the wake of yesterday, in an attempt to likely convince the American Public that a permanent extension is the wise way to go.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

AMEN !!!
can I get another AMEN ???

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah Johnson

I was a fan of Patton mostly because he was fearless and my grandfather served in his 3rd Army in WW2 but once I read about his actions my feelings had changed. My own personal belief is that he was just being a loyal soldier following orders but that is the kind of soldier I would have to be suspicious about should mass protests take place.

This is the problem with standing armies and even why the war loving Romans didn't want armies crossing south of the Tiber getting anywhere near Rome.

Soldiers follow orders, and the do it for a paycheck. Love of country, duty and honor might fit into it, but it's the cash that they use for discounted goods at the PX and Commissary.

They do what they are told, failure to do so can mean a dishonrable discharge and forfeiture of pay.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Once you know the formula it becomes so laughably obvious.

A population in fear is easy to control.
Create fear, and alot of it.

The ol' Problem, reaction, Solution method works EVERYTIME!!!!!!!!
Once you know this method you can recognise it being used on us every damn day.

1. They want to pass stronger legislation stripping us of more of our rights and nullifying the Constitution.
2. They know the public won't go for it, why would they. We all like freedom.
3. They shock the hell out of the public thus putting the majority into a primitive fight or flight syndrome and since this is
a war that can't be won most people are in flight mode willing to do ANYTHING to make the fear subside, cuz who like living in fear???
4. They offer their solution (see # 1) which is all they wanted all along and the people ignorantly gobble it up like pigs playing in their own $**T.
5. We can all go back to watching "American Idol" whilst dining on our Big Macs.

Everybody wins!

They have the control they wanted.
You are relieved of your burdoning "freedoms and liberties"
and American Idol viewership is at an all time high!

Yeeaaaahhhh! Go Team.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Maybe she was just talking about her and the Congress. I think the risk of "terrorism" against her and her cronies is probably at its highest level since 1776!

Otherwise, just another day in paradise. No matter how much she jumps up and down and changes the color of her alert cards, I am just not that frightened of poor goat farmers half way around the world. I am much more afraid of the new legislative session and the oil just off my shoreline.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Brandishing fear as political motivator is terrorism.

Why does that seem so hard for these elites to understand?

Unless they have factual threats to report, what the hell are they talking about? "May be" is a qualifier in symbolic logic that translates to a null value... it means absolutely nothing....

"May be" the republican and democratic parties are a treasonous criminal cartel, in bed with both transnational racketeering and crimes against humanity..... or maybe not... see what I mean?

The Patriot Act MUST EXPIRE. There is NO reasonable justification for the perpetuation of the yoke.

(Corporate) personal gain, pandering for political support, and the perpetuation of a hermetically sealed social club who's membership is predicated on narcissistic sociopathy is NOT reasonable.

'May be'they will increase the dosage in our public water supply so we might acquiesce. If that doesn't work, 'may be' they will begin to radically indoctrinate our youths into a more complaint citizenry. Or 'may be' they need to push us until we react in such a manner as to justify them shutting down the internet, and making it illegal for us to speak with one another without 'authorization' and 'oversight.'

To think... these are the 'smartest' and 'brightest' and 'most capable' people ... according to them.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I am more afraid of DHS than I am of terrorists. I think lots of people feel that way.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Of course this has nothing to do with the patriot act being on the chopping block.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by zorgon

AMEN !!!
can I get another AMEN ???

[color=#FF0000]I will not only give you an [color=#FFFFFF]AMEN. I will add HAL[color=#3366FF]LELUJAH BROTHER.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Maybe she was just talking about her and the Congress. I think the risk of "terrorism" against her and her cronies is probably at its highest level since 1776!

Otherwise, just another day in paradise. No matter how much she jumps up and down and changes the color of her alert cards, I am just not that frightened of poor goat farmers half way around the world. I am much more afraid of the new legislative session and the oil just off my shoreline.

I have to confess like the sheep themselves it's the sheep farmers that make me far more nervous than the goat farmers.

Didn't we sink that oil off your coast line, someone get me the Coast Gaurd on the phone and lets get those corexit planes up in the air, tourist season is just around the corner!

Throw another shrimp on the barbie and stand back those things have really been flaring up lately when you put them on the grill!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
I am more afraid of DHS than I am of terrorists. I think lots of people feel that way.

Spoken like someone who does not have children on your cell phone plan!

Yeah I am plenty scared of those little terrorists come the 16th of every month when the cell bill arrives.

Yet, like their Mother the government does nothing to stop or curtail them. Homeland Security is definately a failure!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Throw another shrimp on the barbie and stand back those things have really been flaring up lately when you put them on the grill!

Sure enough, they come in 100 non-stick and pre-oiled flavors. A little bit of garlic seasoning, and they are ready to eat, no lighter fluid necessary. Just watch the eyebrows.
edit on 9-2-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join