It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Garden Of Eden? Where?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I hope this is in the right spot. I did a search first to see if this has already been beaten into the ground and didn't find anything, but I could of not looked properly......
Does anyone here think that the Garden Of Eden could of been on another planet, or realm?

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I�m just curious about your beliefs. In your introduction you say you are a life long member and follower of the Wiccan belief system. Do you believe in the book of genesis as written in the Christian bible? Do Wiccan beliefs incorporate Christian theology in their teaching?

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I'm sure that theory is as valid as any other theory about the Garden of Eden. There really isn't any evidence to support any theory (religious, paranormal or aliens) when it comes to this subject. However, if you believe in the Bible version then there is no point searching for the Garden. It would have been destroyed in the Great Flood.

There might be interest here in this subject because people like talking about reptilian aliens and we know that in the story the snake invades the Garden of Eden to cause problems.

[edit on 14-7-2004 by zerotime]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I am Wiccan. I believe that the bible is historically accurate, if you read it in its original language and understand meanings of some of the original words that do not translate the same in other tongues. I think there was a Jesus, though not a Messiah. The bible has been translated, and taken away from and added to, hundreds of times! They don't call it the Kings James "Version" for nothing ya know
My personal belief is that we humans were genetically altered with an already evolving race on this planet...but I'm sure you have heard all of that before...
I go into a bit on my site if your interested...but not explicitly really

www.geocities.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
The bible has been translated, and taken away from and added to, hundreds of times! They don't call it the Kings James "Version" for nothing ya know

I�m sure that you can understand the need to translate the Bible. Most of the books of the Old Testament were originally written in Hebrew (with a few portions in Aramaic), while the entire New Testament was originally written in Greek. Not many people today would be able to understand these languages. It needed to be translated into other languages so it could be read and studied by the followers of Christianity. The Hebrew and Aramaic language doesn�t translate to English perfectly but the translation attempts to stay as close to the originally written word as best it can. In a lot of modern study bibles if a word doesn�t exactly match the English equivalent it is referenced and the reader is shown the alternative meaning of the original text. It�s not perfect but the stories and records have not been deliberately changed from the original.

We have a couple different Translation Philosophies:

Formal Correspondence Translations

Tries to stick as closely as possible to the original wording and word-order of the Hebrew and Greek texts. Thus they may seem more accurate or "literal," but often require detailed explanations in footnotes to avoid being misinterpreted by modern readers. They are good for in-depth academic study of the Bible, but may be less suited for public proclamation, since they can be difficult to understand when heard or read aloud.

Dynamic Equivalence Translations

Attempts to put the sense of the original text into the best modern English, remaining close to the ideas expressed but not always following the exact wording or word-order of the Hebrew or Greek originals. Thus they may seem less "literal" than the formal correspondence translations, but can be just as "faithful" to the original text, and are therefore generally better suited for public proclamation or liturgical use.

www.zondervanbibles.com...

The NIV Bible (the most recent translation) was translated not by one individual but by 115 different biblical scholars and published in 1978. Translation Philosophy is a balance between word-for-word and thought-for-thought.

www.gnosis.org..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

A good thread is �Dead Sea Scrolls and the Modern Bible�. It shows that the recently found �Dead Sea Scrolls� are identical to today�s translation and our modern version of the text remains as valid and accurate as it was 2000 years ago when the scrolls were being placed in the caves of the Dead Sea. Irrefutable proof that the text and meaning found in today�s bible remains the same.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
This is really more theological than having to do with Aliens, but I can see how it's hard to place....moving though...

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Well...my thought was going to alien involvement from the beginning...but it fits here too...

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
My belief is based on this. God holds a special place for the land of Israel and the City of Jerusalem. Since this is a question not directly answered by the Bible, it's based on being a christian and what I do concerning that. So I won't know for sure until I get to ask God myself, but I'm leaning that the area now known as Israel is where Eden was. The garden was where Jerusalem was located. I then heard someone else speak and he brought in aspects I hadn't thought of. He continued that in the Jewish temple there was the outer court, inner court and the Holy of Holies. He said he believed the spot in the Holy of Holies where the ark of the covenant stood is where the tree of life once stood.

new topics

top topics

join