It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My UFO sighting story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
This is my one and only UFO sighting. It was a few years ago but i just felt like posting it.

Here we go:

A few friends, my brother, and myself were on a dock waiting for a ferry in the puget sound in washington state. We had a few hour wait so we were standing outside the car looking around. I pointed to 2 white lights side by side in the sky off in distance that were too bright to be stars. They weren't moving at all, so i pointed to it and asked everyone else if they think that is a tower. We all agreed it must be a tower of some kind. About 20 minutes later, while still just looking around waiting for the ferry, i noticed they started moving a little bit. They stayed in the same area in the sky but started moving up and down parallel to each other (one goes up while the other goes down). This was after 20 minutes or so of being completely stationary in the sky so we all thought it was odd and removed our theory that it was just a tower. Now we are all curious and just watching them. They continue moving up and down for about 5-10 more minutes, then they start circling each other. Now we are all really trippin out about it, like "WTF is that!!" So we watch them hoping for personal disclosure as to what it was. Then a 3rd light just kind of "turned on" right next to them. Now all 3 lights are just circling each other in a pretty tight group. They continue this for a few minutes and then one of them drifted off to the right. When it got a little bit aways from the other 2 that are still circling, it light faded out. When it's light faded out me and my brother could still see a faint object there in the sky floating to the right (probably visible due to city lights). When its light faded out it looked sorta like how you can see the dark part of the moon. The already faded object continued right and drifted off behind the hills. The other two follow in the same suit one at a time after that.

Well thats my story, dont know what they were.
any thoughts?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
so this has raised you awareness yes? probably others too. so its a good sign, nice to see people are reporting these events, i dont care how silly some of them might sound the fact is its happening all over the world. and more and more awareness is being raised.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

Thanks for sharing.

From what you say, the lights movements are similar to countless other sightings, they sort of play around and provide light shows, which is pleasing to the eye and not in any way aggressive. And the important thing to remember is that they want to be seen.

Governments create black projects and 'top secret' crafts and neither deny or confirm their existence. So I don't see why governments do everything they can to keep these secret in heavily guarded areas then allow them to be flown over populated areas for all to see.

I don't know what you saw and it could be anything but the movements of these objects suggest they want to be seen and do not appear to be aggressive which in my opinion rules out government/black projects.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

Thanks for sharing... even if I am a little jealous

I haven't had an experience, but live in hope. Eyes always to the sky. I would love it!

But until that day, I can just enjoy hearing of other peoples experiences, and be thankful that at least someone is getting to see.

Wish disclosure would hurry up *sighs*

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by iSHRED
This is my one and only UFO sighting. It was a few years ago but i just felt like posting it.

Here we go:

A few friends, my brother, and myself were on a dock waiting for a ferry in the puget sound in washington state. We had a few hour wait so we were standing outside the car looking around. I pointed to 2 white lights side by side in the sky off in distance that were too bright to be stars. They weren't moving at all, so i pointed to it and asked everyone else if they think that is a tower. We all agreed it must be a tower of some kind. About 20 minutes later, while still just looking around waiting for the ferry, i noticed they started moving a little bit. They stayed in the same area in the sky but started moving up and down parallel to each other (one goes up while the other goes down). This was after 20 minutes or so of being completely stationary in the sky so we all thought it was odd and removed our theory that it was just a tower. Now we are all curious and just watching them. They continue moving up and down for about 5-10 more minutes, then they start circling each other. Now we are all really trippin out about it, like "WTF is that!!" So we watch them hoping for personal disclosure as to what it was. Then a 3rd light just kind of "turned on" right next to them. Now all 3 lights are just circling each other in a pretty tight group. They continue this for a few minutes and then one of them drifted off to the right. When it got a little bit aways from the other 2 that are still circling, it light faded out. When it's light faded out me and my brother could still see a faint object there in the sky floating to the right (probably visible due to city lights). When its light faded out it looked sorta like how you can see the dark part of the moon. The already faded object continued right and drifted off behind the hills. The other two follow in the same suit one at a time after that.

Well thats my story, dont know what they were.
any thoughts?

Watch this video and let me know what you think, its a 5 part video

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Yep. That's pretty much the way they act and look. What they are is hard to say but They IS!

S&F Thanks for sharing your awesome experience and believable account.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Thank you for the responses,

i forgot to add something, i thought i was crazy, and when i told my neighbors about it the next day, some of my neighbors friends were over, and she said her and her daughter saw pretty much exactly what i described and agreed with me that it definately wasn't airplanes, helicopters, or hot air balloons. When ever i tell people about what i saw, i always stress the word 'UNIDENTIFIED' in ufo. Without doing that, people think your crazy, which im not really worried about but i like to get some respect towards my sighting.

At the time i saw it, i never even heard anything about conspiricies and barely cared about ufo's
i guess thats how it works, the ones thats done care get the good stuff

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
It's pretty likely you saw a group of Chinese lanterns..they can float on air currents, stop, start, move around each other, fly very high and then fade away in the end when they burn out or move too far away. There was nothing out of this world about your description.
edit on 10-2-2011 by ManInAsia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ManInAsia

if a chinese lantern is what i think it is (paper with a candle in it), it definately wasnt that. it was far away and still brighter then the stars.

i never claimed it was out of this world, just that it was definately not a conventional flying machine. Could it have been alien spacecrafts, yes. Could it have been undisclosed technolegy, yes. but it was not an airplane, helo, ballon of any kind.

like i said before, it truly was 'UNIDENTIFIED flying objects'

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
howdy. im in victoria, not to far from you.
my thoughts? theres ufos everywhere... i dont know much about them but my best advice is try to avoid them

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by legitbrah

i disagree, i'd rather die knowing the truth than live in ignorance

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Keep updated
edit on 11/2/2011 by hdash because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

Again don't want to annoy anybody, but you have to have seen a few Chinese lanterns to know how bright they are and how they move around in the sky, before outright discounting it, right? And yes they are way brighter than stars even when flying high in the sky, also they don't use candles but wax paper and they give out a lot of light and are also quite big, 4-6 feet in size.
edit on 11-2-2011 by ManInAsia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

probably some kind of experimental aircraft

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ManInAsia

i wont discredit them, but if they are moved by wind and wind only then it couldnt be,
2 lights side by side motionless, then a 3rd appeared, didnt rise up from below, then one by one with minutes in between, went off to the right.

but they were UNIDENTIFIED flying objects, could be chinese lanterns

top topics

join