It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 is only a belief!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Free4Ever2
In my opinion 2012 is nothing but a belief at this time as there is no proof for or against it!

Who is to say it will happen?
Who is to say it wont?

All we can do is believe either or!

To laugh at people who believe it will happen is wrong and also the same goes for people who dont believe it will happen! Until there is concrete 100% percent evidence we cannot judge anyone on there theorys or beliefs!

Me personally i believe it could happen, not so much that it defo will but that it CAN! Also the same thing could happen tommorow, five minutes from now or in twenty damn seconds! The fact is its only a theory as of now, no proof! So stop hating each other for believing certain things!!!

Peace and love to ya all
xxxx

Well said. I think we all have different opinions on the 2012 subject and only time will tell. I feel more proof that something is or isn't going to happen will probably come along in the next several months. Hopefully, it's going to either be nothing or something really great. Maybe at least a great celestial display for a day or so

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by doubledutch

I have never claimed any of the things you mention will happen...I simply pointed out that no one knows what is going to happen either way, it's as simple as that. Im not saying thosae will happen, but Im not 100% certain they wont either, Surely your not going to argue with that?...no hold on of course you will, you cant help yourself

How quick you are to contradict yourself.

Your claim is that no one can know the future. I showed that to be false. Now you are weaseling out of that claim. Or are you? It's hard to tell with the self contradictory statements you make.

Just because you are unable to understand why these issues are impossible means nothing more than showing that you do not understand these issues. You just keep being noisy about your own lack of understanding. That's a part of being a teenager.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Free4Ever2

In 2012 the SHTF not because of any mystical cause but because of new LAWS and the results of OLD laws!

Why the heck do you think they put the Patriot Act in place???

DC KNOWS the birds they let loose over the last forty years to cripple this country are coming home to roost. The Obama admin is just putting on the finishing touches to wipe out our farms and the last of our job producing businesses.

I am putting together the thread to PROVE it in the next couple of days....

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

I have not contradicted my self, you have not proved anything. I didn't say either way what is going to happen. I think anything is possible, I think the argument is futile, no one can say either way with 100% certainty what is going to, or isnt going to happen. you just believe what science says as fact.

no need to lower the tone with personal attack's or snide remarks, it just makes you look like a sad little man (especially if I was actually a teenager...does it make you feel clever to get one up someone half your age?)

e2a I read an interesting article in the guardian a month or so ago about a scientific conference bringing together the great scientific minds of today, and do you know what they decided...that it was arrogant and wrong for science to think it has all the answers, and that in reality it would be wiser to assume we have none of the answers rather than knowing anything...kind of makes people like you look a tad on the silly side wouldn't you say?

Im going to leave it at that sterio my friend, we are going round in circles and you and I will never agree, you are square and I am round, your probably into maths and coding am im into art and culture etc etc. but before I go I would just like to outline the ridiculousness of your attack on me. I stated that either argument was futile...in other words it's pointless saying anything was going to happen 100% and pointless saying it wasn't going to happen 100%, as the title of the thread sais, it's a beliefe..NO ONE KNOWS FOR SURE. I fail to see how you can see into the future as you stated you have proved....all a bit bonkers really wouldn't you say? is it sexual frustration that fuel's your constant battle in the 2012 forums?

good bye
edit on 11-2-2011 by doubledutch because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-2-2011 by doubledutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
If nothing happens on 12/21/2012 I'm going to be really ticked off. I'm not buying a single Christmas present for anyone in 2012. I'm just going to go out to my favorite pub on 12/20/2012 and order about every artery clogging food they have. The extra hot wings, potato skins, cheese fries, blue cheese burgers, jalapeno poppers, extra spicy jambalaya, chicken tenders with extra honey mustard dipping sauce would be in front of me from the time it opened until it closed. I figure at least 6 orders of each maybe more during that period of time, all the while washing it down with some nice Belgian beer.
If nothing happens, the next morning is not going to be fun for me or anyone with olfactory receptors in my neighborhood. Plus I'm going to have alot of 'splainin to do' come Christmas day.

Those Mayans better be right or I'm taking my poster of Yikin Chan Kawiil off my bedroom wall and burning it.
edit on 11/2/2011 by withopeneyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by doubledutch

I have not contradicted my self, you have not proved anything. I didn't say either way what is going to happen. I think anything is possible, I think the argument is futile, no one can say either way with 100% certainty what is going to, or isnt going to happen. you just believe what science says as fact.

I'm not surprised that you have no idea that you've made self contradictory statements. You state that non one can know the future and in the very same sentence state that some things are knowable. That is a self contradictory statement.

no need to lower the tone with personal attack's or snide remarks, it just makes you look like a sad little man

No. It's jsut the irrational, petulant nature of your comments that suggest your age. Just because the argument makes no sense to you, you claim it is futile. You claim that an argument is pointless if you are unable to understand the arguments. These are the sorts of things teenagers say. You are promoting yourself through a claim of ignorance. Then you repeat and repeat this statement that you are ignorant of basic facts. You may not be aware that this is what you are doing and again that cements this aura of not understanding you project.

You mention an article from the Guardian. Can you provide a link? I simply don't believe your interpretation of this article even if it was actually published.

No matter how much chuckle emoticons you employ it is you that these emoticons are laughing at. You're not round. Your without substance. Just because you have no idea what can and cannot be predicted does not make the ability of predictions to any less known. You are simply arguing from the position of ignorance. Your claim that "no one knows for sure" is just an argument from ignorance.

is it sexual frustration that fuel's your constant battle in the 2012 forums?

Instead of foolishly arguing from a position of ignorance you might want to take the time to learn something. You just might like it.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by withopeneyes

Those Mayans better be right ...

You do realize that the ancient Mayans did not have predictions associated with the end of the long count calendar. Is it possible that you are referring to modern hoaxes perpetrated by modern Mayans?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I'm gonna flag your thread, but I think you're dead wrong young man. An example would be something Drummer boy pointed out in the thread," Comet Elenin is coming". A thread you should have a look at, if you havn't already
Ex: ET MAN in his thread," A warning from the benvolents ' pg 2 ,was asked," when would be the time of the beginning of future catastrophe". He answered," October 2011 ". Indeed Comet Elenin is now being looked at very closely as it could have dire consequences for Earth. Discovered not until December of 2010. ET MANs answer came in 2009. This revelation by ET MAN doesn't prove something will happen. But it does prove he knows something the rest of us do not.
edit on 12-2-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Totally agree OP.

2012 is indeed a theory, some believe and some don't. Religion is the same, a theory that some believe and some don't and I hope that 2012 as a topic for discussion doesn't go the way of religion and cause hated, wars and arguments over who's right because end of the day, arguments aren't worth it. Live every second like it's your last and whether it's true or not, we could all die tomorrow without warning so lets all get along and keep discussion calm and mature.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Indeed Comet Elenin is now being looked at very closely as it could have dire consequences for Earth.

Why do you think that the comet will have any effect on Earth? It's just a comet. We don't even pass through its tail. The best part about this comet is that it is likely to be visible to the naked eye and will be easily seen from the northern hemisphere.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Might be "just a comet" but I guess depending on its size as it passes us, even a chunk coming off and hurtling our way might cause some damage, even if it's just knocking down power in a small area of a city.

Some may over-exaggerate a possible danger caused by it, others may be underwhelmed at its existence but I suggest that since we're not even close to the time it's supposed to be near us, lets not get carried away believing or debunking a potential catastrophy caused by it just yet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join