It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Camera angles at the Pentagon

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

THAT is what I was talkng about, earlier. THAT lie.

I notice you didn't source it. Let me go look....I'm assuming, perhaps, it was one of the entries at Wiki? They have a section devoted to the "conspiracy theories", don't they? I think they roundly debunk them, too...if I recall correctly.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Nope, but right here...

source: 911research.wtc7.net...

Events that would damage the recorders sufficiently to make them unreadable are extremely rare. NTSB spokesperson Ted Lopatkiewicz said that he couldn't recall a domestic case before 9/11/01 in which the recorders were not recovered. 7 The recorders are designed to survive the kinds of impacts that happened at the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.

i give you effort for trying to debunk the matter, but your not doing a very good job, your snide comments with lack of evidence to support your remarks only make you appear childish. If its lie, care to provide evidence to back up that claim?

edit on 9-2-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Wrong again...it IS from Wikipedia....YOUR "source" must have lifted it directly from them??

en.wikipedia.org...

NOTE, however....yet another example of people who wrote a book, and made these outrageous claims therein.

Now...when someone writes a book, do you think they expect to...oh, I don't know, MAKE MONEY from it???

Gee...what might sell more...a bland nothing, or some "juicy" 'consiparcy' crap, innuendo and all, that doesn't have anything to back it up except....well, THOSE men's words??

I suggest you investiate a bit into THEIR backgrounds, as well......

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

if any of the cameras were PTZ cameras and were actively moving, then they would be recording. Even if they were set to motion only record. (they were in constant motion) or they were fixed, and in that case should have at the very least captured the aftermath of the impact as there is a slight delay in recording on some DVR's. If they were using old technology, (tapes) then there is not a motion only record function as they were not smart enough machines to do anything other than record or play. Most DVR's have the capability to record either motion only, or to exclude certain areas of the picture. (like it a busy road was in the way, but you only wanted to record motion, you would block out the road so the DVR would only record the motion in the areas you selected.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Why not submit evidence to substantiate your claims? I see you trolling, and very well may i add, but you have yet to provide any viable proof? Do you have any constructive thought, or is it to much a task to conjure up something worthy of discussion? If you believe the OS full heartedly, thats fine, I simply suggested that the FBI story of not finding any recorders, only to have those recorders from the others planes retrieved, would suggest the lack of credibility in the FBI's original story.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I've seen suggestions related to the speed of camera capture being insufficient to actually catch a frame with a fast moving plane in it and that only applies to a camera being aimed in the right direction and appropriately focussed but: who has any definitive evidence to show that ALL the cameras were even being recorded at the time?

My feeling is that the 'doubletree' video might be the best of all the recordings with signs of the plane's final seconds appearing in multiple frames. Shame about the highway obscuring all but the tail though.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloist

after looking at Alfie1's post, he did not state that the footage was reviewed, only that the FBI said they had no footage of the impact other than the 4 frames of the gate camera. My answer to you was misleading and possibly incorrect. Sorry. And I am not sure where the DVR's were located. Since the footage for the gate cam was found, it's safe to assume that that DVR was not destroyed. Assuming (I know we shouldn't do that but for the sake of discussion I will) that one DVR was OK, the other DVR's should have been in the same location. Unless there are multiple CCTV storage closets. In my experience, the cables are run to IDF's and the IDF's feed to one main MDF.
AS for a CCTV installation, the signals would be fed back on Fiber optic cable and have one central DVR recording closet with a redundant closet in a different location. ( the redundancy would be mainly for unit failure, but a large explosion would be classified as unit failure.)

Again, the above is only my guess as I have no knowledge of the installation on site at the pentagon.

And as for the Pentagon being the "Most secure building in the US", I concede that it may not be the MOST, but it certainly is more important than a 7-11. Perhaps even more than a Wal Mart, and they have cameras EVERYWHERE!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

Why not submit evidence to substantiate your claims? I see you trolling, and very well may i add, but you have yet to provide any viable proof? Do you have any constructive thought, or is it to much a task to conjure up something worthy of discussion? If you believe the OS full heartedly, thats fine, I simply suggested that the FBI story of not finding any recorders, only to have those recorders from the others planes retrieved, would suggest the lack of credibility in the FBI's original story.

Ok, I've been following this and now I am confused by your objections. The "official story" is that the data recording devices from the planes at the Pentagon and Shanksville, Flights 77 and 93 respectively, were recovered at the scene. The devices for the planes in New York, Flights 175 and 11 were never recovered. Now along comes a "honorary fireman" and his brother some years later and they claim, without any substantiation, that they recovered 3 of the 4 recording devices for Flights 175 and 11 and turned them over to the FBI at the scene. The FBI denies it, and all other agencies deny it as well.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Pilgrum

the speed usually depends on the frame rate that the recorder is set at. they can go from low quality (2-15 frames per second) all the way up to very high quality (120-240 frames per second) the quality is proportional to the storage space it will use. I have no idea what the rate was set at, but that along with other information would be great to know about the pentagon.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by hooper

FACT: FBI claimed according to the 9/11 report that NO recorders were ever found. PERIOD.

FACT: Sometime before the publishing of the report, it came out that flight 77 and 93 were retrieved.

Thus suggesting that the FBI statements lost credibility to begin with. Though 77 and 93 recorders were brought to light, they went with the OS that none were found. That's what raised my eye brow.

On topic: it would be interesting to see the footage that was confiscated by the respective entities.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
Unless there are multiple CCTV storage closets.

Exactly. In such a large facility this is not out of the question either.

Nowhere have I seen a claim made by the government that any media exists from the Pentagon cameras that were near the impact, other than the parking lot cam.

So there is a task for the "investigooglers" on this site, since they are so convinced the cameras would have been able to pick up the plane, find where the media was located first and see if it could have even survived.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I hate to tell you this, but you are way off base. The recorders were referenced in the 9/11 commission report. The NTSB, the FAA. I don't know where you are getting that the FBI claimed to have never found any recorders. The only thing I can think of is if someone asked an FBI spokesperson on 9/11 if they had found any recorders than the answer could have been yes, but only because they didn't find the first one until, I think, the next day.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by hooper

According to the federal authorities controlling Ground Zero, the black boxes from the two crashed 767s, Flight 11 and Flight 175, failed to turn up in the rubble taken from the site. The 9/11 Commission Report backs the FBI's story, flatly stating: "The CVRs and FDRs from American 11 and United 175 were not found."

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloist

I don't know where to start with that kind of investigation, and would most likely be met with classified locations. If I was in charge of security at that building, I don't think I would let anyone know where and how many DVR closets I had.
But by the same token, it sure would be nice to find those answers.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by hooper

Have you even read the 9/11 commission report? i bought it when it was first released in hard back, and I can assuredly tell you that yes, in the report the FBI claim that none..let me say that again...NONE of the boxes were retrieved. The re-published edition, ( paper back ) identifies flight 77 and 93 being retrieved. Doesn't that same weird?

And yet, we know this to be false. And yet your actually trying to defend the OS? Do I have you pinned correctly?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Hooper confuses me, I think he is a truther in disguise.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by 007Polytoks

I think this thread has turned into a trolling thread, there are a few posters here that have in one form or another not only confused me, but contradicted some of their statements, unless they are unclear of the OS, and are regurgitating what they heard from the MSM? i'm not sure though?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Since there are so many questions about that day. What would be wrong with an investigation.

If the facts are so clear to some of you. Let a fair inquiry begin.

This is too important to be left so ambiguous.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Would never happen, to many trustee's of the USG.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Just an aside. I have not got the heart to trawl though all of the posts on this subject because after about thirty or so claims and counter claims about nothing really I give up. SERIOUSLY answer this question. Has the planes black box been found and if it is has has the information it contains been made public? Thank you.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join