It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of Dead Fish Wash Ashore in Flordia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...#

The above link contains the video and the news report.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Quick make some more comments ore else this is going to be deleted. Your thread must contain a certain amount of your own comments

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
About the thread.
What you going to say about it, one more to add to the mass animal deaths worldwide. Which exploded in January(few days ago, which already seem long time ago)

Its defin a sign of something big coming

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

I don't suppose then, that this has anything to do with oil spills? Is there any knowledge if these are freshwaters,
or off the coastline.

edit on 9-2-2011 by smurfy because: Add text.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I don't know what it has to do with: oil spills, weather, etc.

But this is certainly strange.

It's funny now that people once said that this occurs naturally all the time - I call BS.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

The officials say this type of fish is especially prone to dying from a lack of oxygen

Give me a break...really? No oxygen makes this particular fish die? Amazing... What would we ever do without "The officials" letting us in on such pertinent information?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
www.wistv.com...

And apparently because they think it's a lack of oxygen, they think more may die as well.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Hmmm fishy situation indeed.. Probably has something to do with the oil spill.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Sounds like a BP cover-up story. Anything connected to the Gulf will have some sort of effect. You just don't have an oil spill and not have repercussions. It is sad that these fish died, but whats sadder is where is our fish coming from to eat?
I wonder if they will allow us to eat these poisoned creatures, crabs, crawfish, clams, all the bottom dwellers who filter our oceans, what about them?

This is crazy and we are all going to pay for the greed of another.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I agree it's possible that it could be connected to the oil spill. But if not that, I'm sure it was fireworks. Or the fish were startled and swam head first into stuff and then died. ha ha

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Even the mainstream news is admitting that the people living around the spill are getting sick. There have been many threads on it with links to news clips and other details such as youtube videos. If the people living around the water are getting sick, imagine what is happening to the animals living IN the water.

It is only common sense that this will cause problems for a long time to come. Anyone hear anything lately about those plumes under the water?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Is there any knowledge if these are freshwaters, or off the coastline.

The incident happened at Sebastian Inlet State Park which is on the east coast of Central Florida. It is an inlet so it is salt water with access to the ocean. I did not look to see but perhaps there are also fresh water sources pouring into the inlet.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
ATS is seeing more and more of this.
One liner, two liner, half a paragraph OPs. If you can't put up an interesting thread, with some commentary about
what you think is going on or express an opinion. Describe what promted you to write. You need to at least post it in chit chat.

This is isis is well it's terrible really,

Core exit.
edit on 9-2-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
ATS is seeing more and more of this.
One liner, two liner, half a paragraph OPs. If you can't put up an interesting thread, with some commentary about
what you think is going on or express an opinion. Describe what promted you to write. You need to at least post it in chit chat.

This is isis is well it's terrible really,

Core exit.
edit on 9-2-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

What much more is there to say really?

I was only sharing information that others may not see.

I could spout off things everyone else has heard before - but I think I am doing a service by posting new information regarding a situation that others are curious about.

I am only trying to spread information to those who are interested.

If the mods don't like it let them delete the post - but I think it will be doing the community a disservice.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by smurfy

Is there any knowledge if these are freshwaters, or off the coastline.

The incident happened at Sebastian Inlet State Park which is on the east coast of Central Florida. It is an inlet so it is salt water with access to the ocean. I did not look to see but perhaps there are also fresh water sources pouring into the inlet.

Thanks for the info. I would think that a major washing up of sea-floor shellfish and bottom feeders would be more to to with the oil if it is lying on the sea- floor. There is more info needed on this.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
www.floridastateparks.org...

The official park website is apologizing for the dead fish, so the issue is a real one.

Welcome to Sebastian Inlet State Park

You may have recently read about a fish kill at the park. The fish kill is a temporary condition and we regret any inconvenience or discomfort it may cause. Nature, in the form of crabs, birds and fish--along with time--will alleviate the situation. If you have any questions or concerns, please call the Ranger Station at 321.984.4852.

Lack of oxygen is a major concern that scientists were tracking all last summer.

Don't forget we have a growing black mass/blob near me here at Perdido Key as well. Supposedly it is a mixture of algae and dying sealife due to lack of oxygen.
edit on 9-2-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Update:

A dead Right Whale washed up here in the St. Augustine/Crescent Beach area.

The local media (First Coast News) reported it's cause of death as netting.

The one thing that bothered me about the story is the next day an entire crew of people were sawing it into pieces and blowing it up and removing it's bones for "scientific testing"...

For scientific testing, i've never seen such fast and abrasive removal of a sample.

www.firstcoastnews.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
www.floridastateparks.org...

The official park website is apologizing for the dead fish, so the issue is a real one.

Welcome to Sebastian Inlet State Park

You may have recently read about a fish kill at the park. The fish kill is a temporary condition and we regret any inconvenience or discomfort it may cause. Nature, in the form of crabs, birds and fish--along with time--will alleviate the situation. If you have any questions or concerns, please call the Ranger Station at 321.984.4852.

Lack of oxygen is a major concern that scientists were tracking all last summer.

Don't forget we have a growing black mass/blob near me here at Perdido Key as well. Supposedly it is a mixture of algae and dying sealife due to lack of oxygen.
edit on 9-2-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)
Maybe that means that the algae is not in regrowth, that the water is oversilted or something.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MentorsRiddle
I don't know what it has to do with: oil spills, weather, etc.

But this is certainly strange.

It's funny now that people once said that this occurs naturally all the time - I call BS.

What isn't funny is the fact that this dropped off the radar. There have been several cases per week of fish and bird die offs that simply are not being reported, you need a bot program just to find them.
It seems the explaination du jour is lack of oxygen, at least that's what every single fish kill the last two weeks has been blamed on. This isn't over and unless people pay attention it's moving up the food chain pretty soon.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I have actually thought of that before: the food chain, and all.

I've wondered if it doesn't stop what the next species up the ladder is and how it will affect them.

It's scary and intresting all at the same time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join