It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2009 article - Google Ocean: Atlantis found off Africa?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
People always claim to have found atlantis but it always ends up being something else

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by atlasastro
reply to post by the.lights

Here is an image of the find.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b0b6108a1e28.png[/atsimg]

Really looks like a layout for a city.
Very interesting find.
S and F.

Someone call James Cameron and get some cameras down there ASAP I say.

Apart from the fact it is over 100 miles wide, which makes it a pretty large city....

Google claim that it is the result of ships surveying the ocean floor which is done in a grid pattern, but I dunno about that..

I do however don't believe this is a city..

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
According with PLATOS description ATLANTIS was a city formed by concentrical circles and so forth, dont remember ever read about a rectangular city of atlantis.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Those look like mapping lines to me. The fact that they are just a little irregular is due to the uneven contour of the bottom. If this is the case then they are due to a computer glitch which left them as an overlay. Probably they'll go away soon when the guilty party finds out.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I thought I was gonna see something cool here. So for everyone who was let down, here's something cool for you to watch lol

And, under water Cuban pyramids

"We think that this is no longer a hypothesis, it is a fact, supported by scientists who specialize in geology and archaeology", says the investigator. "The existence of pyramidal structures deep underneath Cuban waters is verified. We only needed to gather the details ".

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

That is kind of creepy. I don't think that is Atlantis though. I don't know what that is....

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Just when I thought they were actually serious.. Apparently the article is from 2009.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly
reply to post by RANDOMguess

Many scholars have taken it seriously because Plato writes about it. This location is as exact as one can get of its long thought location.

Plato wrote about it in a work of fiction. We know through natural causes land does get submerged so it's more than possible Plato used an example known to him as the basis for his work of fiction - after all, we now think the existence of Troy has been confirmed.

What many 'scholars' now like to put forward is that Atlantis is real and was something more than a city that submerged. They like to think its discovery has deeper implications.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by loagun
reply to post by Misterlondon

no you are wrong. why would 'we' or 'you' have a lot more information on this subject by now? what makes you think 'we' would be privileged enough to know exactly what was being discovered as it happens if this were for real? the world's population barely knows anything at all about ancient history as it is.

the discovery of Atlantis would need to be carefully watered down into a sippy cup complete with safety lid for 'us' the worlds population, and nothing more. Atlantian ruins could be filled with alien technology, or better yet advanced technology outright proving we aren't the only technologically advanced civilization to walk this Earth, and thus destroying all credibility of the Vatican/Bible/Jesus, etc

edit on 9-2-2011 by loagun because: (no reason given)

With respect, where does even an element of common sense come into that in even the slightest way???

You are saying Atlantis existed and just so happens to be the one place on Earth with alien/advanced technology, it conveniently submerged, 'TPTB' have discovered it and are hiding it from 'us'?

Sorry, I'm guessing you wrote that as a spoof.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join