It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2009 article - Google Ocean: Atlantis found off Africa?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Just Breaking - Google Ocean: Atlantis found off Africa?

www.telegraph.co.uk

A "grid of streets" on the seabed at one of the proposed locations of the lost city of Atlantis has been spotted on Google Ocean.

The network of criss-cross lines is 620 miles off the coast of north west Africa near the Canary Islands on the floor of the Atlantic Ocean.

The perfect rectangle – which is around the size of Wales – was noticed on the search giant's underwater exploration tool by an aeronautical engineer who claims it looks like an "aerial map" of a city.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 9-2-2011 by Byrd because: Edited... this is actually an older piece from 2009

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
This looks like the real deal folks. If you follow the link you can view 5 zoomed images from Google Ocean that show a distinct pattern of grid lines criss crossing the ocean floor. If this was a city or early civilisation, then it must have been huge.

Go take a look and reply back what you think. (Sorry if this was already posted...)

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 9-2-2011 by the.lights because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
That's crazy so has Atlantis always been taken seriously or was it kind of a myth?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I'd love to think this is true but we have seen too many similar pictures that have lead to nothing unfortunately.

Still, I could be wrong. I hope I'm wrong. Thanks for sharing none the less

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Wait I thought this was already discovered over a year ago?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
This was found 1 or 2 years ago, cant remember exactly. From memory its just image artefacts, not Atlantis (FYI I'm a believer in Atlantis but I don't think this is it).

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by the.lights

Here is an image of the find.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b0b6108a1e28.png[/atsimg]

Really looks like a layout for a city.
Very interesting find.
S and F.

Someone call James Cameron and get some cameras down there ASAP I say.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

Yep that's Atlantis all rite I remember.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Date of article: 7:18AM GMT 20 Feb 2009

This is not, unfortunately the real deal and was sorted out hours after the "discovery" was publicised.
The "streets" are artefacts from one of the seabed scans that Google used.
Needless to say, it was from an earlier less-accurate scan.
I'd find you the site that explains it all; but you should've found it for yourself before posting.

For me, this has well and truly been debunked.

PS: the lines show the path the boat took
edit on 9-2-2011 by myster0 because: ps

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
This is more than a year old. it was originally found on google earth. I think they explaind it was a glitch in the mapping or something. Apparently there are more of these in other parts of the ocean on google earth.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
there will be many former cities that once lay above the sea level but are now underwater due to the changes in ice cap levels. that does not mean it is definatly atlantis.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by RANDOMguess

You remember Atlantis?

I wouldn't go as far as to say I believe it is Atlantis, but the image does resemble some sort of grid system that resembles morden towns and cities.

Interesting indeed.

They said it was the sonar and a computer glitch that generated the image?
www.telegraph.co.uk...
edit on 9/2/11 by atlasastro because: add linkage and update my opinion in relation to new info!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
This is an old topic.
ATS thread from date: 2/23/2009

"Google Ocean: Atlantis 'found off Africa' turns out to be boat mapping lines"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by lewman

No it is merely a few ones and zeros out of place, it doesn't actually look like that in real-life.
edit on 9-2-2011 by myster0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by the.lights

Its hardly just breaking!

The article is from 2009

Seen these before, i think it was debunked as descrepancies in the way the boats were surveying the sea-bed

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
It astounds me how these stories get flagged, when clearly several posts have debunked it..
I myself heard this story and saw the picture around 2 years ago..
If it were Atlantis we would have alot more information about it by now, 2 years after it's "discovery"

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by RANDOMguess

Many scholars have taken it seriously because Plato writes about it. This location is as exact as one can get of its long thought location.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

ATS - thread439765

Due to a pre-existant thread, this maybe closed

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
If that is Atlantis then I must have found 'Super Atlantis' to the West of Ireland.

If you go to anywhere around 53N 15W you will see what I mean.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I could imagine it could have been Atlantis ...If not it could have been some other city,town but think about this.
It is around 6000 ft below the surface ..I would imagine at one time it was above sea level and what ever cataclysmic event that happened caused it to sink .Also think about the fish fossils they find on the top of mountains that were once in the sea ...OK now ,if we are going to have a pole shift or a fly by from Niberu, just where could you go to be safe? ...I don't think I would want to be in a underground bunker maybe 6000 ft below the sea ....cool find ....peace

OK so I guess its a glitch...I hadn't noticed the date ...need coffee.
edit on 9-2-2011 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join