It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddam targeted Bush, Rumsfeld daughters

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Saddam targeted Bush, Rumsfeld daughters

Former US secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld revealed Tuesday that Saddam Hussein had a $60 million bounty on his daughters' head and also targeted ex-president George W. Bush's two daughters.
"I was concerned," Rumsfeld told ABC's "Good Morning America" in his first live television interview since leaving office over four years ago.

"Of course, the president and his family had secret service protection. My family did not. And it was a somewhat awkward moment in the meeting," he added in describing a 2003 national security meeting when he was told of the plot.

Rumsfeld, who has two daughters and a son, said Bush urged him to take the threat seriously because US forces had killed Saddam's sons Uday and Qusay and his 14-year-old grandson Mustapha in July 2003.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Intresting... I probably would have sent the Marines in if my daughters were targeted. Reminds me of the assasination plot against George H.W. Bush after the first gulf war.

Talk about bad karma.. I wonder if a gypsy put a curse on their family.
edit on 9-2-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

US forces had killed Saddam's sons Uday and Qusay and his 14-year-old grandson Mustapha in July 2003.

Doesn't seem unreasonable to want to kill Bushes daughters, Considering.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ken10

US forces had killed Saddam's sons Uday and Qusay and his 14-year-old grandson Mustapha in July 2003.

Doesn't seem unreasonable to want to kill Bushes daughters, Considering.

Please tell me you are joking. Saddams sons were part of his regime, and actively took part in killing people. The Bush twins are not part of Bush's administration and have nothing to do with what occured.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Not that it justifies the invasion of Iraq, but I would go to all corners of the world to hunt down anyone who threatened my kids lives.
But I think Pres. Bush maybe went a little too far!!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Not that it justifies the invasion of Iraq, but I would go to all corners of the world to hunt down anyone who threatened my kids lives.
But I think Pres. Bush maybe went a little too far!!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ken10

So your children should be accountable for any crimes you commit?
Or the victims and their families of any wrongdoing you may have done would be well within their rights to target your family in revenge?

I am certainly no fan of the Bush's or Rumsfeld but you are aware of just how odious Saddam, his family and his regime were aren't you?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Under Saddam there was stability, maybe Iraq needed to be ruled with an iron fist....look how it is there now !!!

And Saddam could make a speech openly in Iraq firing a rifle into the air rallying his people, and without fear of assassination...Would an American president dare do that ?

But don't forget we went into Iraq based on lies from Bush/Blair et al....so who were the real villains ?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ken10

Under Saddam there was stability, maybe Iraq needed to be ruled with an iron fist....look how it is there now !!!

And Saddam could make a speech openly in Iraq firing a rifle into the air rallying his people, and without fear of assassination...Would an American president dare do that ?

But don't forget we went into Iraq based on lies from Bush/Blair et al....so who were the real villains ?

I am sure thats an answer to some question, but not the one that was asked. Why do you think the Bush twins should be assasinated because of the death of his sons? They both took part and held positions within the Iraqi Government. The Bush twins had nothing to do with US foreign policy or decisions made.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Sorry, But i also see that Saddam's 14 yr old grandchild was killed too.

But regardless, If someone had killed any of your family, wouldn't you want revenge too.....That's why i found it reasonable !

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
These guys had to make it personal - part of the regime, just college girls - makes no difference - family is family and this feud goes back at least a generation to Bush41 (CIA days I'd bet).
Gene pool cleansing.

ganjoa

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Dont forget that thousands of innocent Iraqi children were indescriminately killed too as a result of the illegal invasion, and Rumsfeld has the temerity to complain that his children hadn't got the same protection as the President?!

Keeping his mouth shut for 4 years was obviously a good call if this pap is the best he has to say...

Where was the protection for the children who simply became collateral damage as a result of US foreign policy?

These kids were considered less than human by Rumsfeld and his cronies
edit on 9-2-2011 by eyestotheskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
"sadam" ehh???

ya i belive he done that ok

i aint an american but by god does your government play sooooo much into its lies it has told ye, that they prob dont even realise there telling lies anymore.

soo in other words the cia put a bounty on bush's children

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ken10

Of course Bush and Blair lied, I don't dispute that.

Saddam had to be removed; we screwed up by not being open and honest and by not listening to the Iraqi people and by trying to impose what we thought was best for them upon them regardless of their wishes.

So you believe that targetting your children for something you have done would be reasonable?

If anyone harmed my family then I would focus my revenge on the people directly responsible.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

If anyone harmed my family then I would focus my revenge on the people directly responsible.

And if you couldn't get them directly, would you not get to them in other ways....Like by way of their family.

But whatever Saddam's sons were, it didn't lessen the pain felt by Saddam as a father...And i could understand him wanting to inflict that same pain onto Bush.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyestotheskies
Dont forget that thousands of innocent Iraqi children were indescriminately killed too as a result of the illegal invasion, and Rumsfeld has the temerity to complain that his children hadn't got the same protection as the President?!

Keeping his mouth shut for 4 years was obviously a good call if this pap is the best he has to say...

Where was the protection for the children who simply became collateral damage as a result of US foreign policy?

These kids were considered less than human by Rumsfeld and his cronies
edit on 9-2-2011 by eyestotheskies because: (no reason given)

You're perfectly correct... and BTW, how do we know that Cheney's assertion about the bounty is even true?
The fact that the Bush girls were a couple of air-head drunks is irrelevant - but they were hardly children at the time! (Homelier versions of Paris Hilton and Nicole Ritchie, was the way our media portrayed them before 9/11, when they magically became too sacred criticise...)
Does anyone remember when Reagan ordered the slaughter of Gaddafi's adopted daughter? (In the bombing of Ghaddafi's residence in the 1980s... she was a 3 year old.)
Granted that Reagan or the Pentagon might not have known they were killing a baby, but they didn't care, is what struck me at the time.
V.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
coming from Rumsfeld, I hardly find that a credible source - seeing how he's lied about soooo many other things.

Also - if you wanted to kill Bush's daughters, just put a few bottles of booze in front of them. No hit-squad needed!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Kinda like the way klinton killed kadafie's daughter.
and then found out they were bombing an asprin plant because the Israeli provided intelligence was a lie.
yay

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ken10

I know I can be a horrible and violent bastard when necessary, but I would not harm a child to get back at it's parent.
There are many, many ways to inflict suffering.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
There is a strong possibility that this is just one more of Rummy's lies to garner sympathy and sell more copies of his book.
I hold him and Cheney directly responsible for the collapse of the American Republic as they drafted the continuity of government plans that have hijacked our government since 9/11 and placed us under control of a shadow government.
You want a real conspiracy?
Look no further than these 2.
Not theory but fact.

He's lying again.
Where's my bookie?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join