It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Terraformed. And The Future Earth!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Transformed Mars looks like Halo Reach!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

But why terraform Mars at all?

In the not too distant future, the sun will continue to get brighter until eventually, Earth becomes too hot to inhabit. Previous calculations had pegged that time at about a billion years from now, but a new paper argues that earlier models had neglected the role of atmospheric pressure in regulating the temperature of the planet on astronomical time scales. In other words, this could happen sooner than predicted!

The future Earth?

It is therefore imperative for humanity to find another home – Mars. However, in populating a new area we often first think of how it would benefit us. Rarely do we think of how we might ruin what already exists. But for mankind to survive, is there a choice?

Errrr... I don't understand the logic here, if there is one. If the Sun's gradual heating up prompts Earthlings to go to another planet becaue the earth got way too hot, then why should they go to a place CLOSER to the Sun? Mars is the past, whatever it was...

The contrary makes sense, though... that Martians, a very long time ago, terraformed a cooler Earth while they still lived on Mars, and eventually moved here after or as their homeworld was getting inhabitable for some reason.

What's next for the Illuminati overlords?
Titan? Enceladus? Europa?

They first have to exploit the Earth till it's drained out of ts resources... and people!

edit on 10/2/11 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
It would be wonderful if you could separate the personality types and have all of the kind and generous on one planet, all of the manipulative and conniving on another and the mid range seperated in beween and see which group is the happiest after a generation or two. I'll bet it is not the manipulative Which BTW happens to be the top 5% of society. See how well they do on their own.

The kind I'll bet will have the nicest planet to live on. If it is Earth I'll bet we will have overcome the 2000 years of pollution in a couple of generations.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
OK Mars has about a third of the gravity of Earth and it's moons are inconsequential for tidal effect that act to help warm a planet. Earth has a relatively large moon unlike any other planet we know, (Pluto doesn't count due to a myriad of things). Mars also receives about a third of the sun we do. It's axis is similar, it's day is similar, about an hour longer than ours and it's year is about twice as long as ours.

All of these obstacles plus the lack of water, wouldn't see this in the realm of any possibility even a billion years from now. Mars also lack the all important magnetosphere to protect it from harmful cosmic rays even at 38% of what Earth is bombarded by. Mars is dead for a reason and the sun wont last long enough for Mars to ever get into a habitable zone and stay there for 3 billion years for surface life to develop beyond an earthworm.

It's just misunderstood how much our moon has to do with the development of life on earth.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Not sure if it has been posted but Mars does not have a magnetic field to protect an atmosphere from the suns solar winds. To the best of my knowledge even if we were to produce a green house atmosphere a solar event could easily wipe it away.

mgs-mager.gsfc.nasa.gov...
"Mars does not presently have a global magnetic field but had one early in its life, similar to that of Earth. However, Mars does have very strong crustal magnetic fields, more than 30 times stronger than those of Earth. "

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

That can be changed with a proper atmosphere.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Mars is already habitable NASA lies.

www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

Terra-forming is another word for "establishing bases to plunder and rape another planet's resources."

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
OK Mars has about a third of the gravity of Earth and it's moons are inconsequential for tidal effect that act to help warm a planet. Earth has a relatively large moon unlike any other planet we know, (Pluto doesn't count due to a myriad of things). Mars also receives about a third of the sun we do. It's axis is similar, it's day is similar, about an hour longer than ours and it's year is about twice as long as ours.

All of these obstacles plus the lack of water, wouldn't see this in the realm of any possibility even a billion years from now. Mars also lack the all important magnetosphere to protect it from harmful cosmic rays even at 38% of what Earth is bombarded by. Mars is dead for a reason and the sun wont last long enough for Mars to ever get into a habitable zone and stay there for 3 billion years for surface life to develop beyond an earthworm.

It's just misunderstood how much our moon has to do with the development of life on earth.

u missed the point completely

sure if we left it to nature wht you say might be true.

we are talking about humans using technology to do in several hundred years what nature may take a billion years to do.

and as someone else has stated...considering how far technology has come in the last 100 years....give it another few thousand (if we dont kill ourselves) and you just cant imagine what we will be able to do.

given all the facts such as mars having an iron core, water, carbon dioxide atmosphere (which can be thickened) i think it would be possible. the length of a day or year isnt relevant to weather its possible or not as humans can adapt to that.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensible thought
Not sure if it has been posted but Mars does not have a magnetic field to protect an atmosphere from the suns solar winds. To the best of my knowledge even if we were to produce a green house atmosphere a solar event could easily wipe it away.

mgs-mager.gsfc.nasa.gov...
"Mars does not presently have a global magnetic field but had one early in its life, similar to that of Earth. However, Mars does have very strong crustal magnetic fields, more than 30 times stronger than those of Earth. "

it had been mentioned...many times including the post above your own.

as you quoted...mars early in life may have had a magnetic field...and as someone else said...evidence suggests it has an iron core. and with technology thousands of years in the future perhaps a magnetic field can be restarted.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion
Errrr... I don't understand the logic here, if there is one. If the Sun's gradual heating up prompts Earthlings to go to another planet becaue the earth got way too hot, then why should they go to a place CLOSER to the Sun? Mars is the past, whatever it was...

The contrary makes sense, though... that Martians, a very long time ago, terraformed a cooler Earth while they still lived on Mars, and eventually moved here after or as their homeworld was getting inhabitable for some reason.

What's next for the Illuminati overlords?
Titan? Enceladus? Europa?

They first have to exploit the Earth till it's drained out of ts resources... and people!

edit on 10/2/11 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

lol ofcourse you dont understand...you actually think mars is closer to the sun than earth haha...research is your friend
edit on 10-2-2011 by Silicis n Volvo because: spelling

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluedrake
When I read articles like this, it makes me so sad as I know I wont be around to see it.

Imagine how exciting this would be if they could do this within our lifetime

Speak for yourself, I plan to come back in a future life, and captain Earth's first starship voyage to another habital world, chosen for us, with us shepherded there by "them". Thus in this life it's neccessary to do everything imaginable to create the possibility of a world of humanity coming together and working together in harmony and for the mutual benefit of one and all, or my dream might be dashed to pieces..

We must be committed to our planet and to one another, and to a future humanity which can be trusted to escape the bonds of Earth to venture out into the stars of the heavens.

We ain seen nuthin yet!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ
This stuff is SO fascinating!!
I'm always deeply intrigued by this. The thing that brings me back to Earth though is just imagine how much further we would be as a race if we put all our intelligence into this stuff, versus all the weapons and wars. Humanity would be so much more awesome if we didn't need feel the need to destroy ourselves and instead realized we're on this planet together... and if we want to survive, we need to figure out how to get off this planet together.

I, like many of you, am saddened that I most likely won't be around to see this stuff. With NASA not even willing to return to the Moon for many years, who knows how long the government will hold us back.

I think for tonight, I'm going to stare into the sky and imagine humans as a non-violent race and that we are spread out among the stars. The vast and infinite possibilities of our beautiful Universe. Good thread, OP!

Good point, BUT..... what fuels the desire to change planets? The desire to possess more land? More territory? More minerals? More wealth? Why else would our Government fund space exploration? In reality there's plenty of land for all of us to live right here on earth. There's no good reason to leave this planet other than a fear of it's destruction and being able to fly off to a second planet to save our skins from cosmic or natural disaster. There is also the sense of adventure and exploring new worlds, of course, but if we were a happy and content species, I'm not sure we'd do much space exploration as a result. To be content is to not have a want for more, and we'd have to be content with what we have in order to stop waring with each other over this or that.

Why did the Pilgrims sail the oceans blue, in search of new land? Was it for adventure? Mostly to get away from people who oppressed or disagreed with them, in order to find new land to inhabit. As a result they helped create a new country, but also were responsible for pushing the indigenous people out of the way by violence. If they had been content in their country of origin, I don't think any of them would have felt the need to go exploring or setting up colonies across the world.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
We must jump through time my friend.........(time bending machine) coming soon!!!
but what if you could see it now? Im going to build a spaceship dammit!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DOUGH3914

Thank you. Please make sure the captains quarters are sufficiently large for entertaining guests.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silicis n Volvo

Originally posted by Illustronic

u missed the point completely

sure if we left it to nature wht you say might be true.

we are talking about humans using technology to do in several hundred years what nature may take a billion years to do.

and as someone else has stated...considering how far technology has come in the last 100 years....give it another few thousand (if we dont kill ourselves) and you just cant imagine what we will be able to do.

given all the facts such as mars having an iron core, water, carbon dioxide atmosphere (which can be thickened) i think it would be possible. the length of a day or year isnt relevant to weather its possible or not as humans can adapt to that.

I don't know man, a planet is very huge, and we couldn't even make a tiny Biosphere work in Arizona! (twice).

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
You guys are making this way to complicated.

Photosynthesis is the key.

First you carpet bomb the entire planet with the strongest weeds and alge we can find on Earth, preferably something strong enough to grow in the ice of the north pole yet tough enough to live in the sahara.

Then, with the richness of the carbondioxide in the atmosphere, something, will live. And probably reproduce sweetly.

Then, once there is enough oxygen in the air from the photosynthesis, it will mix with the hydrogen in the atmosphere and rain. (probably for forty days and forty nights.)
Or at least faster than you think.

I think that with no atmosphere or cloud cover to impeed the sun's strength, the surface will be warmer than you expect.

On a side note, with no gravity, humans would never feel the effects of aging. No sagging skin. No sagging breasts
and no falling down, breaking your bones.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
why the hell do I always got to be on the bottom of page five?!!!!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

Im Curious what you would think about these People

The Mars Anomaly Research are trying to prove ?

BIOLOGICAL EVIDENCE DIRECTORY ( ? )

looking through the sight there a lot of Questionable Anomalies as Many are linked to the Real Photos

what about Spy satellites how good are they now ! ? how much have we improved within 40 - 50 years

how blury , is the picture flipped around did Negative become positives, positive become negatives and the Color if any ... and what about the color RED as NASA Obviously shows

Dont get me wrong here .. Im not defending anyone I just see alot of strange anomaly's on mars
Especially for a Dead planet

I would like to see a Blue Sky on Mars The Terra forming I doubt it in my life time..

if there is or was life on Mars the Only Obstacle Question i have is
How are they going to reactivate/Strengthen the core ? (Magnetic field)
ohh and theres no Buffer Aka ( Moon) to to keep the Planet Stable Living just 2 little bits of asteroids
is not going to cut it

edit on 10-2-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion

Oops! You got it all wrong!! Mars is farther out from the Sun than the Earth. Here's where they are....

edit on 10-2-2011 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfenz
reply to post by OrionHunterX

Im Curious what you would think about these People
The Mars Anomaly Research are trying to prove ?
BIOLOGICAL EVIDENCE DIRECTORY ( ? )

Though Jo Skipper has got a good looking web site, most of his analyses are highly questionable. Like the one about what he claimed are trees on Mars. Check out my previous post on this thread where I've shown these so called 'trees' in progressive resolution. These are nothing but terrain configurations and not any vegetation on Mars.

Also those so called 'glass'tubes' are nothing but wind blown sand dunes. And those 'skulls are nothing but rock with light and shadows making it look like a skull! And what he claims is 'civilization' in the Hale crater is nothing but pixellation, which 3D overlays usually produce!

What about Spy satellites how good are they now ! ? how much have we improved within 40 - 50 years
how blury

Not blurry at all! Just check out the HiRISE images through the IAS Viewer as well as the LRO image browser. Most images are 0.7m/pixel which is pretty cool. Can't get better than that! Check it out here...

wms.lroc.asu.edu...

Dont get me wrong here .. Im not defending anyone I just see alot of strange anomaly's on mars
Especially for a Dead planet

Anomalies yes. But this doesn't mean that ETs lived or are living there!

if there is or was life on Mars the Only Obstacle Question i have is
How are they going to reactivate/Strengthen the core ? (Magnetic field)

That's the reason why there's no life there. No magnetosphere means no protection from radiation and cosmic particles. However there is a possibility that some kind of 'life' in the form of organisms may exist near the poles, deep underground. But remember, the capabilities of various organisms on Earth indicate that life on Mars - including dormant organisms that could spring to life again in another few hundred thousand years - is certainly possible.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join