It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt nears military coup. USS warships in Suez Canal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
www.debka.com...

It seems to be the next logical step. Mubarak is likely to leave Egypt for medical treatment in Germany and that will be the perfect time for the military to take charge of the government and diffuse the crisis. I believe this is why the military is appearing to offer protection to the protesters. They have their complete confidence and will readily except a military coup. This will also satisfy the American government and Israel.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I hope the military work with and listen to the people. The Egyptians and those that believe in real freedom and justice need a victory now to inspire hope and further momentum towards real change. I read somewhere that there are only 2 superpowers in the world. The US and people power. I think there will only be only one soon.

edit on (9/2/11) by xfiler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
The U.S is making clear that the Suez Canal which under Mubarak (their puppet) they had control/use of... stays in their control.

It is the route of which the west is supplied its OIL.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MavRck
The U.S is making clear that the Suez Canal which under Mubarak (their puppet) they had control/use of... stays in their control.

It is the route of which the west is supplied its OIL.

Most of the oil coming to the USA from the Persian Gulf comes via the Cape of Good Hope.
A lot or Europe's oil comes via the Suez canal and teh SUMED pipeline between Ain Sukhna and Sidi Kerir in Egypt.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
It's funny the Government thinks they're slick using Egypt's current revolution to put more chess pieces in the area needed if we need to attack Iran...It's almost like they're baiting the Iranians to try something after testing they're ship destroying Ballistic Missiles yesterday and right after the supposed emergency meeting of our Government the other day...My prediction for the coming summer is Israel's gonna attack Iran or we'll stage a 9/11 typa event on a warship to start a war

new topics

top topics

join