It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calgary removing fluoride from water supply

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
About damn time!!

This is an awesome victory for us and I am happy to say that it is being removed. For all the side effects it causes you would think it would have happened long ago.

Happy to see Calgary setting the standard!

We all know were the best city in Canada.

Pred...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
every damn government is out to get its people, in one form or another.
what are governments really but bought puppets, and conduits for the wealthy figures lurking behind the scenes. these are all their policies. wrinkly old sh*ts who have sold their souls and lost any shread of humanity they may have possessed. the problems of cancer and diabetes have been solved years ago but there is no money to be made from cures, so these things are supressed. its all disgusting and everything stinks to high heaven. we are livestock to them, pure and simple. moneymmoneymoneymoneymoney...

there are some changes, apparently for the better coming about now, like the topic of this thread and this is worrying to me. the minute something big is disclosed by the government about the 9/11 hoax, and i bet that will happen soon, then it will be time to get really concerned that something big and bad is immenent. i predict that we will see more changes, to give the impression of accountability and genuity, but i warn ye all, don't be fooled...
edit on 9-2-2011 by pshea38 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by pshea38

I do believe you are onto something there pshea38

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by pshea38

regarding your post. i feel it will eventually come down to whos interests are considered first. the people or the corporate interests. even that does not go far enough in my opinion. it would have to be mandated for the interests of the people and business/politics would eventually have to be completely transparent and accountable to the people. there is some way to go before that could be possible.
regards f

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AeonStorm

I hope the rest of Canada follows suit. Dentists may say that it helps prevent tooth decay but is it really necessary to have this much flouride? We get it through the water and it is stacked in our toothpaste. Virtually, you can't get away from the stuff.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AeonStorm
Well all I can say is that this is GREAT news even if I'm from around the Edmonton area! This to me is most definitely a positive sign that some things can actually change for the better! But I'll tell you something. This also has me on edge as the only trade off seems to be plant upgrades. If this is the only trade off I would be surprised.

I never bought that whole, "it's good for our teeth" BS. I hope Edmonton and area is next!

www.cbc.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 9-2-2011 by AeonStorm because: SP + Added

Cool in the city of winners myself. I'm going to try and get this going here too. We have four kids they dont need to be drinking toxic waste.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Great news this is, we are just 14 days into our own home Reverse Osmosis system which has also eliminated the fluoride in our water here in southern Ontario.
Here in Ontario Kitchener/Waterloo banned it last year and there was a lot of hoopla over that but the MSM played it down and hardly mentioned it.
I highly recommend a RO system for anybody worried about their lack of control of what comes down the pipes.
Google it and you will see it filters a lot (almost all chems) to at least 90%
Copper/aluminum/barium/etc etc
We also are using "Jason" all natural tooth paste which is fluoride free as well.
The wife was having some Major Thyroid issues which sent us out of town on 100 mile medical journeys for at least 10 times in the past 3 years.
We are hoping that this will do the trick.
I refuse fluoride treatment at the dentist and it does cause some discussion but in the end they are not going to fluoridate me and they know it now.
To the OP great find and lets all spread the word about this crap called fluroide!
S&F from us both here, Regards, Iwinder & Yogaginns

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Congrats on Calgary at least having dialogue on removing the fluoride from the water, its a huge issue that no-one in power seems to want to bring to the forefront.

What has always made me wonder is if the sole purpose of adding the fluoride to the water is to protect our teeth from cavities why are we using it to flush our toilets; wash our cars, dishes, clothes and dogs; water the lawn & gardens, etc, etc...

When you think about how much water you use in a day and compare it to how little the body actually ingests it makes you ask if this really is the best way to distribute fluoride unless your ultimate purpose is to find a use for an element you can't easily dispose of otherwise.

www.rense.com...
www.rense.com...

These are just a couple of articles that raise questions on the use of fluoride, there is another link to a book all about fluoride and how we are being duped into believing its good for us (will be project now for me to find it). Unfortunately I am of an age that this has been in my drinking water my entire life.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
It figures, the minute I stopped looking for the link I found it. Not sure that the entire book is represented at this site but it does present a lot of information.

www.scribd.com...

Namaste,
YogaGinns

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AeonStorm

Calgary removing fluoride from water supply

www.cbc.ca

Calgary city council has voted 10-3 in favour of removing fluoride from the city's drinking water.

Proponents of fluoride say it prevents tooth decay, especially in vulnerable groups such as the poor, children and the elderly. Opponents question the safety of fluoride in drinking water and suggest it should be up to individuals to decide whether to expose themselves to the additive.

The city should also see cost savings in the move — the cost of adding fluoride to Calgary's water is about $75
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.winni pegfreepress.com
www.vancouversun.com
www.metronews.ca

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Calgary: Remove floride

here's a good vid about florid. www.youtube.com...
edit on 17-4-2011 by UcDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I live here. I'm glad we voted against it.

However, I thought we did 6 months ago?.... I made a thread about it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join