It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Commercials. Are we being prepared?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

I haven't seen these ones, do you think you might find it on youtube to share here?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildeagle

I've been searching, but I don't see it. Maybe I can record it. It is in black and white, 50's style. It has a man and a child and they are replacing batteries in a flashlight. What struck me was the fact that they stated being ready for an emergency at the end of the year. I thought that was odd. I've seen it a couple of times lately. I wish I could remember more detail, I think it states at the end who put it out. I will continue looking on the internet for it
edit on 9-2-2011 by chiefsmom because: spelling of course

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Sounds a good one! Hopefully you might catch it next time

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Sorry it has taken so long, but I didn't see the commercial for awhile. I still cannot find it on you tube, but I found out it was produced by the MAB, and the promotion is called Do 1 Thing, which is sponsored by the US Gov. and you can find info about it on the web.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildeagle
Are these the simple ways of preparing us, for what is near? Many of these were shown at the superbowl.

I found many of these through another forum, but it most defiantly makes one think eh?!

OK, first of all OP I have to say every time I see your avatar I have to smile and perhaps drool just a little - you are quite lovely. (Don't tell the wife...I'm not a stalker or anything just a complement.)

Anyway, back on topic I think it might have to do with marketing in general in sort of a "which came first the chicken or the egg" manner.

What I mean is did the marketing guru's just notice an increase in the overall instances in the use of the 2012 phenomena and an increase in the interest of UFOs and the paranormal on the net and therefore market their products to the people or did they create the rise in awareness and interest through their messages.

I tend to think that much like the web bot project it could be that 2012 and the predicted disclosure, disasters, rebellions or whatever might result in a self fulfilling type prophecy that feeds off the increase in mainstream interest in these topics. Then again it could be that there is some awakening of consciousness that is driving people to think about these issues and therefore the MSM is simply jumping on the wagon with what sells.

I am not well versed enough to know the answer of course but I can see the conundrum presented.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Media is an outgrowth of our collected thoughts. Yes, it is individuals imagining, producing, and consuming it but it is also a representation of what we think of. From the things we're told will improve our lives in one way or another to the attempts at providing for a time the means to forget our daily existence. Advertising is designed to make us want something and this is accomplished by connecting the thing sold to some way to fulfill a deep seated desire. We're lead to believe that a certain product or service will be the key to absolute and total satisfaction of existence.

The imagery used in the referenced advertisements referenced all depict a collective well that includes fears regarding changes on a planetary scale laced with the hopes that some sort of salvation will come from without. What we have to realize is that only those who are willing to put forth effort on their own behalf will be offered assistance from the ones dispatched to help us through the transition.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

Originally posted by Wildeagle
Are these the simple ways of preparing us, for what is near? Many of these were shown at the superbowl.

I found many of these through another forum, but it most defiantly makes one think eh?!

OK, first of all OP I have to say every time I see your avatar I have to smile and perhaps drool just a little - you are quite lovely. (Don't tell the wife...I'm not a stalker or anything just a complement.)

Anyway, back on topic I think it might have to do with marketing in general in sort of a "which came first the chicken or the egg" manner.

What I mean is did the marketing guru's just notice an increase in the overall instances in the use of the 2012 phenomena and an increase in the interest of UFOs and the paranormal on the net and therefore market their products to the people or did they create the rise in awareness and interest through their messages.

I tend to think that much like the web bot project it could be that 2012 and the predicted disclosure, disasters, rebellions or whatever might result in a self fulfilling type prophecy that feeds off the increase in mainstream interest in these topics. Then again it could be that there is some awakening of consciousness that is driving people to think about these issues and therefore the MSM is simply jumping on the wagon with what sells.

I am not well versed enough to know the answer of course but I can see the conundrum presented.

Well, firstly, I guess...Thankyou kind sir! I shall take that as a very kind compliment, and appreciated!

As for the marketing, I do agree, and suspect that it is played up upon, no doubt. There is a huge franticness going on right now. Companies will want to $$$ in $$$

On another level.... are there bigger companies who actually know what is going on, and this is a subtle message? The only way they feel safe to give that message to the people? They care, but are to scared to say loudly?

Yes, minds will wander at times to extreme. But what is extreme?

Love and Light!
edit on 21-2-2011 by Wildeagle because: Oopsie Daisy!

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildeagle

Well it makes sense certainly, if I were privy to any life changing information I'd certainly choose to release it in small pieces in a way that most people would dismiss as just another strange but nice looking ad or show so as to condition them.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Yes OP, you hit the nail on the head. Funny I was just chillin with my nephew watching Cartoon Network, and the program cuts to commercials. All of a sudden a commercial for Fruit Loops comes on, and to my surprise, the setting was in the Mayan (or Aztec, Incan, etc.) Empire at one of the Pyramids. Now doesnt seem strange at first, but when considering that 2012 is right around the corner, one cant help but wonder what they are really telling us when you take into account the increase in these types of commercials. Also, that KIA commercial is pretty creepy, I dont know why but everytime it comes on TV i feel uneasy lol.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join