It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you sometimes feel like there is good in all of us?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

I remember a quote that goes something like this; "One act of kindness can erase a multitude of sins." Now I don't believe that it's actually the kind deed that brings on the forgiveness but rather it's the mindset behind the good deed.

Regarding the title question of your thread, I definitely believe that's there is good in all of us. Actually, I believe that good is at the very core of our nature and our oneness. This is exactly why I don't approve of "hate" or the expression thereof.

I not a huge fan of organized religion although I do believe that there is some truth in the bible. When Jesus was nailed to the cross and he said; "Forgive them lord for they know not what they do," he was making a direct recognition of the good in all of us. Despite the atrocities being carried out against him, he still felt it was important to recognize the good in his attackers and forgive them for their bad choices. At least that's the message I get from it.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I have a respectful request Stop-loss! if you are so inclined to grant it. If you haven't already, and can find the time, please watch the movie (available on Netflix), or read the book (available all over online) titled "The Secret". This has been mentioned on ATS quite often, in your current emotional state, I believe it will do you some good to take in the message that it conveys, which is "like attracts like".

Here is an ATS thread that will give you some people's take and experience with the subject matter although the power to make it work is solely up to you, as well, a link to the associative website. Be safe, and keep positive, redemption is yours if you believe it I promise.

The Secret......any experiences? good bad??

The Secret

ETA: Just a notion, regarding Netflix, if you do not already have an account, the first month is free and you can cancel anytime before that and not be charged.
edit on 4/22/2011 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Do you sometimes feel like there is good in all of us?

Since this is in the Philosophy forum, I will ask the question that matters:

Do you feel there is good in you?

edit on 22-4-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stop-loss!
Hello everyone. After being jobless since I left the army several months ago, I have always wondered just what impact I left in the world when I was sent to the middle east. Although most of us know the real reason as to why we were overthere in the middle-east I can't help but wonder what kind of reality altering events were caused by my hands and my fellow troops. There are some things that just can't be forgiven, but is there a way to atone for our sins. I feel like deep down I can make some changes that can make my fellow man feel less burdened by the harshness of reality but seem to be lost in the moment.

Can people who normally do evil things in their past get a second chance in life? Can we ever let go of our hate on other cultures and help one another instead of belittling them? I hope when SHTF we can cooperate with each other rather then serve our selfish needs,but then again this is reality.
edit on 9-2-2011 by Stop-loss! because: I grew up a screw up

I don't what what the real reason as to why "we" were over there in the Middle East was...can you enlighten me, please? Your post sounds either really reaching for forgiveness or maybe not so real?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Thank you for the links and thanks for everyone that replied. I have learned a lot about myself and the things that I have done in the past. Our actions in life lead us to where we are today and the more we explore them the more we realize just how innocent or guilty we really are. Do you actions benefit others or do they cause them misery and grief? All I know is I am actually doing something about it by helping others that I care about in any way I can. I would say that is better then doing nothing at all.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

I would concur 100% with you.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

If we listen to and follow our inner guidance we will create and enjoy a much more harmonious world for us all to live in.

Free will is something that sometimes results in bad choices and we all make them from time to time. Bad choices are usually the result of not taking the time to listen to our inner guidance and making the best choice for ourself and others. Sometimes we listen to our individual ego instead and the result is always negative, not just for us but for everyone concerned.

You know, there are physical laws that govern our actions here on earth and to the best of our abilities, we all try not to go against them. Like gravity, we all basically know it's effects and try not to violate it's laws by jumping off tall buildings etc.. (at least, not without a parachute)

I believe there are also some much less recognized laws that govern our existence on a much larger scale, probably universal. One of them goes like this: "It's impossible to harm another individual without also harming yourself, just as it's impossible to help another individual without also helping yourself." This is because "We Are One."

Based on this universal law of nature, I believe that it's quite clear just where forgiveness comes from. For instance; As we learn to realize the good in others and forgive them for their actions us, (which were the result of their bad choices) we also learn to forgive ourselves for our own bad choices and actions against others.

This is the fundamental reason that I don't support "Hate" in any form. Just think about it, quite often when you hate someone, the one you hate doesn't even know it. So while you're sitting there expelling time and energy on thoughts of hatred, this person isn't even aware of it much less harmed. (at this point you are the only one harmed by your hatred) Not to change the subject but there's another universal law that goes like this; "Thoughts held in mind, produce of their kind," that I'll explain now. When the thoughts of hatred have festered long enough they produce actions, usually resulting in harm to the one you hated. (now both parties have been harmed)

In other words, you have to project the good that comes from within yourself in order to see the good in others.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join