Do you sometimes feel like there is good in all of us?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Hello everyone. After being jobless since I left the army several months ago, I have always wondered just what impact I left in the world when I was sent to the middle east. Although most of us know the real reason as to why we were overthere in the middle-east I can't help but wonder what kind of reality altering events were caused by my hands and my fellow troops. There are some things that just can't be forgiven, but is there a way to atone for our sins. I feel like deep down I can make some changes that can make my fellow man feel less burdened by the harshness of reality but seem to be lost in the moment.

Can people who normally do evil things in their past get a second chance in life? Can we ever let go of our hate on other cultures and help one another instead of belittling them? I hope when SHTF we can cooperate with each other rather then serve our selfish needs,but then again this is reality.
edit on 9-2-2011 by Stop-loss! because: I grew up a screw up

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

If you find the Prince of peace. He will give you peace. Everyone can be forgiven. The biggest part of it, is knowing you need to be forgiven. If your past that, you have the bull by the horns. No, I personally don't believe there is good in everyone. I doubt it very much. I will have to wait to see if I'm wrong. But someday I will know.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Hey I feel where your coming from but here's one thing I know Sin is created by man to control others.

You should not be guilty of what you've done in the past. Focus in what you can contribute today to make your community better. You can start by growing your own food and stop shopping at Wal-mart. Strive to make your community better. I know everyone can do it if we all try.

Also here's a good site to read if you still feel guilty about what you've done.

A true religion that suits the needs of humanity must be one that grows and evolves with humanity. It cannot be one that was cast in stone thousands of years ago in the deserts of the Middle East. There is nothing whatever in common between the contemporary world and the worlds of Moses, Jesus and Mohammed. The distance between the mainstream religions and today's world grows greater every day, and with each passing day the spiritual side of humanity dies just a little more and the hedonism and trivia grow just a little stronger. Nothing is more important than the creation of a non-dogmatic religion that suits the times and, above all, helps each person to find their spiritual self in a way tailored to their own individuality. Each soul is unique. We each have to find it in our own way: not by being lectured by someone in a pulpit demanding that we do such and such or we're going to hell. Those preachers are psychotic.

SIN FOR SALVATION

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

No, I personally don't believe there is good in everyone. I doubt it very much. I will have to wait to see if I'm wrong. But someday I will know.

So you're saying that not everyone can change because there's no more good that's left inside them?

I doubt your statement very much. Humans is born pure, they are just being contaminated as they grow up. We all must try to connect with our higher-selves. I know we can all do that if we all try hard enough.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Lateralussicksicksick

So you're saying that not everyone can change because there's no more good that's left inside them?

IMO some don't want to change..
Power corrupts..Money is God....

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Not at all. I never said,"Not everyone can change". I agree with you that everyone can change. I can't say for sure everyone needs to change can you? If so change how? Look what I am saying is I believe there are those who need to change. Yet there is no way they ever will. They don't want to, they don't feel they have to.
They usually don't even believe in sin.

FnS
edit on 9-2-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Yes I must agree some doesn't want to change but we must not worry about them. Think about yourself because you can never help anybody until you have realized that you, yourself should change first before we can try changing others.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Look what I am saying is I believe there are those who need to change. Yet there is no way they ever will. They don't want to, they don't feel they have to.
They usually don't even believe in sin.

Yes there are those who doesn't want to change they are the ones hindering us from changing ourselves by distracting us.

Also they won't believe in Sin because they created it, to control us.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Also they won't believe in Sin because they created it, to control us.

If that's your view? That's all well and good with me.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

I feel like deep down I can make some changes that can make my fellow man feel less burdened by the harshness of reality but seem to be lost in the moment.

Can people who normally do evil things in their past get a second chance in life? Can we ever let go of our hate on other cultures and help one another instead of belittling them? I hope when SHTF we can cooperate with each other rather then serve our selfish needs,but then again this is reality.

The very fact that you have these positive and hopeful thoughts is proof that you or anyone has the potential to do better. Every one of us struggles with this very question every day of our lives. We are all at different places in our own unique journey and not one of us has reached the goal yet.

So, YES! It is possible to do better. By thinking these positive thoughts about how you would like the future to be you have in fact taken the first steps to make that become your reality.

Just keep those kinds of thoughts in your mind, speak those kinds of words, do those kinds of deeds and you will be amazed at how far you can go.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lateralussicksicksick

Yes I must agree some doesn't want to change but we must not worry about them. Think about yourself because you can never help anybody until you have realized that you, yourself should change first before we can try changing others.

But we have to worry about THEM..
THEY are the ones affecting our lives..
We would all be better off without THEM..

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I believe there is good in us FIRST - If we then do bad things and want to do better, well...,then DO better. The energy you send out will be positive not negative and that will inevitably make the world and you better. We get so upset when people behave badly toward us because it is the exception not the rule. We can tend to take kindness a bit for granted because it is the rule. That's what I believe.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by 5senses

We get so upset when people behave badly toward us because it is the exception not the rule.

I nagree but it seems like the "exceptions" are ruling our world..

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

The more you focus on the bad people/happenings in the world the more you empower them.

The more you focus on the good people/happenings in the world the more you empower those.

Simple really. Putting out positive energy, via positive thoughts, words and actions really does set the momentum going in the right direction. There is always both good and bad in the world, and we can never be 100% sure which is which sometimes, but the power to sway the balance is within each and every one of us.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno

The more you focus on the bad people/happenings in the world the more you empower them.

The more you focus on the good people/happenings in the world the more you empower those.

Simple really. Putting out positive energy, via positive thoughts, words and actions really does set the momentum going in the right direction. There is always both good and bad in the world, and we can never be 100% sure which is which sometimes, but the power to sway the balance is within each and every one of us.

I wish it were that simple..
The bad guys take control and we are just to wait and see the good come through??
Nah, ain't gonna happen.
Way too much money in being bad!!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Most people want to absolutely destroy others, i just ignore them all.

If you think there is good people, with respect that just wishful thinking, people are mostly garbage, just trying to destroy others, and out for what they can get.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Most people want to absolutely destroy others, i just ignore them all.

If you think there is good people, with respect that just wishful thinking, people are mostly garbage, just trying to destroy others, and out for what they can get.

See the world is not a fair place to begin with. I feel what's really sad about the way you percieve people. Is the fact that you probably, have more than enough reason as to why. So much of what you can't control has played apart in the way you view people. I can't say your wrong because of that factor. I can offer you this only.
Notice that most people don't share your view. Most of all, try to notice why.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Hey Stop!

I can only add my humble words to your page... words from a man who beats his demons back on a good day, and who is eaten alive by them on those other days...

It's a constant struggle.

In my estimation you've already won this battle. You've surpassed sympathy - or the ability to care based upon similar experience, and moved into empathy - the ability to just care... to be aware of the pain of others, even if you can't relate directly to it.

I'll be honest and say that I don't believe that atonement can come from a balancing of our good and bad influences in life. I don't think I could kill one man, save another, and call it even. Each act is like tile in a mosaic and neither one cancels out the other. They are simply both pixels in the jpeg of our life. But that doesn't mean that one should simply give up on doing good because, enough pixels of the same color... and, well, we change that jpeg into something we can be proud of when we finally leave this world and that picture of who we were is all that remains.

~Heff

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stop-loss!

edit on 9-2-2011 by Stop-loss! because: I grew up a screw up

Oh yes, I believe in second chances! If someone realises that their past actions have caused hate or were done out of wrong motives, they can change..

All it takes is the desire.
Vicky

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Exactly, if you go through what i have now, and this has been done to many others i assume, you really see how group think is just basically useless. Group think basically means the group is wrong, but just because they are the group, democracy makes them right, lol.

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join