It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A comet is coming 60,000 miles within our planet in two days.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I have read a thread here the other day about a firefighter having a predictive dream of a comet coming in for a hit followed by many little comets. Well i found this video and i found it important enough to relate this as my first post.

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Your link goes to a page with no info. You registered in 2009 and this is your first post? Talk about holding back!!!
edit on 9-2-2011 by jaynkeel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Theres already a thread about this, and it is supposedly happening later on today.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

you made me choke on coffee.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Its not a comet, its an asteroid. Its also smaller then 90% of the junk that we launch up there that burns up harmlessly in the atmosphere on re-entry. In a nutshell, even if this hit us, which it won’t, there is zero percent chance its going to do any significant damage.

BTW welcome to ATS.
edit on 2/9/2011 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Assuming your post is referring to Feb 11th 2011 the Astronomical unit for Comet Elenin or AU measurements is 2.669AU on Feb 11th 2011. Convert this into miles is 248,099,049.59678 from earth. I believe your a little off on your distance.
and you should know how to use the JPL orbit diagram first before posting "opinionated" "uneducated" measurements. Just an FYI....Oct 17th 2011 is the month that comet Elenin is closes to earth at about .24AU or 22,309,393.744184 miles.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Um, that's not a comet, it's an asteroid the size of a garden shed. It will likely burn up on re-entry that is IF it even makes it into our atmosphere.

The only reason this is scary is that despite our best efforts to plot the course of all the schmutz that's floating up out there, we only found out about this like, a week ago.
edit on 9-2-2011 by laterallateral because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I recommend spaceweather.com to watch for asteroids and near earth objects...whats cool is we're seeing more objects at faster pace because technology is improving...but it also makes it seem like unseen destruction is always around the corner....lets hope all these little ones we're barely starting to see aren't the shower before the storm

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
If you go to space weather...Check out 2000 PN9 and move the dates up to March 10th. Its a 2.6km sized asteroid, much larger than all the other sightings that are to come within the few weeks...I found that one interesting, because I hear a lot about that Pole Shift on March 15th the Ides...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
You posted this in Introductions, failure to follow directions is a growing concern these days. Hopefully you can improve on this over time, welcome to ATS.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Thans for the information i'll be watching the skys

p.s welcome to ATS though you signed up in 2009

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
check out 2000 pn9 on july 2013 it hits mercury.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by CALIB

Well since I'm here you might as well get my memo. We are truthseekers here above all the screts and conspiracies. Speak the truth as you know it. The truth lives for ever.

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Speaking the truth, to power!
Well, there are many truths, and many points to consider when considering the truth. I like your video, and being "God Smacked"

Speaking my truth, as I know it, is represented in this offering. Its changing the world, as we all know it!
I do find just one questionable scene, but the over all message it correct.

new topics

top topics

join